Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

In my hometown, Saint Louis, a stay-at-home order officially goes into effect on Monday and will run for the next thirty days. Only "essential businesses" will be allowed to open their doors to the public. So its seems like my LCS can be open, but just not allow any customers in.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    Here in California in the Los Angeles area the two stores that I frequent are still in business but will have shorter hours, curbside pickup and sanitized areas before opening and closing hours.

I only visited my LCS maybe once a month and for the time being I can wait out the whole ordeal, on the bright side it will also leave me with extra cash that I can pay bills with.
    You need to get your priorities straight in this time of crisis.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Well...

https://www.cbr.com/coronavirus-diam...mic-shipments/

Diamond Halts Shipments of All New Comics Due to Coronavirus Pandemic
    Fingers crossed for shops.

Yes, I wonder if Marvel or DC have a plan or will also halt production.

Astonishing Member

I guess all shops will be forced to shut down if Diamond isn't shipping new issues. I wonder if they'll survive this.

My main comic shop just announced they'll be closing down this weekend and likely not returning if diamond remains down for more than a few weeks.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Today was the last day for my LCS until things change with Diamond. I picked up my pull list earlier today because they hustled to unpack their shipment and sort everything out for their regulars.

A stay-at-home order was issued here yesterday; which means non-essential business had to be closed as of midnight.

My LCS sent out an email announcing that their 3 stores were closing; but that they would still be able to ship any orders to customers homes. They have an online store and are offering sale discounts on existing merchandise; so I guess they are trying to find some degree of workaround to the current conditions. No sure how they are doing it. But more power to them if they can.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Javasaurus View Post
    A stay-at-home order was issued here yesterday; which means non-essential business had to be closed as of midnight.

My LCS sent out an email announcing that their 3 stores were closing; but that they would still be able to ship any orders to customers homes. They have an online store and are offering sale discounts on existing merchandise; so I guess they are trying to find some degree of workaround to the current conditions. No sure how they are doing it. But more power to them if they can.
    You can still send stuff in the mail. The thing with the stay at home order is that a lot of businesses are still staying open. Because many of them still serve some purpose of essential functions.

I mean a store owner could go to the store and do everything himself. Leave packages to be picked up at the door and track when the UPS or whoever shows up to get them.

A stay at home advisory was issued for Massachusetts and non-essential businesses had to be closed by noon time yesterday. My shop is a small chain of stores and four of them were open yesterday including the one I go to. I hustled up there to pick up what came in for me since it will be at least two weeks before I would be able to go again.

And that was before the news came out from Diamond. I don't think the shutdown will hamper the store's ability to reopen but I don't see how it won't hurt their bottom line more than a little.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Mighty Member

This might be enough to kill smaller stores.

We can wait a month or two to buy comics. But, stores might not be able to wait a month or two for us to buy them.

Any idea why Diamond shut down?
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

My comic book store closed this week. They have a mail or delivery service going on now.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    This might be enough to kill smaller stores.

We can wait a month or two to buy comics. But, stores might not be able to wait a month or two for us to buy them.

Lent, CP. They gave up operating for lent.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    Here in California in the Los Angeles area the two stores that I frequent are still in business but will have shorter hours, curbside pickup and sanitized areas before opening and closing hours.

I only visited my LCS maybe once a month and for the time being I can wait out the whole ordeal, on the bright side it will also leave me with extra cash that I can pay bills with.
    Just an update well it was bound to happen, our mayor has mandated for all non essential business to shut down, so curbside pick up is canceled too, my LCS just sent out emails to those with pull lists to come and purchase or their comics can be mailed.