Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Alexander the great vs Genghis khan

Which army would win

Khan's horse-archers might as well be spaceships for all the ability Alex has to deal with them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

the khan has subutai.

i'm leaning towards him.

Khan. His Empire was bigger, his tactics better, and left a bigger dynasty/empire line than Alexander did.

A bronze age army vs a medieval age army?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Khan's horse-archers might as well be spaceships for all the ability Alex has to deal with them.
    This right here.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Khan taught horses how to use bows?!

Damn.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Khan taught horses how to use bows?!

Damn.
    It was crazy. I'm sure you can find the youtube videos if you look.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN !

Says guess who for the win.

as i said before, khan has subutai. and for those who don't know, subutai is considered the greatest general who ever lived. so even if they did have equal tech levels, i'm not betting against a guy like that.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Genghis Kahn gives a bonus to his cavalry units, Has a country that prioritizes trade, with a building that boosts cavalry further, and has a custom cavalry unit.

Meanwhile, ol' Alex has the power to negate War Weariness, heals when capturing cities with Wonders, AND gives himself a custom cavalry Unit independent of his country. His country learns faster when conquering cities, has a unique anti-cavalry unit, and has a building that boosts everything except cavalry.

Normally the idea that Alex has a custom anti-cavalry unit, powered up by a building designed to help those guys would help swing it a lot. BUT, Genghis's cavalry is also boosted, and more importantly it's ranged, so it can strike and run before Alex's spear guys can close with him. Also as people pointed out, Alexander tends to peak in the Classical Age, where as Genghis really hits his stride in the Medieval. He also gives his dudes a bonus all the time, and Alexander's powers are more based on the Empire working well during the war. So in any sort of direct clash outside of their Golden Ages, with tech equalized, Genghis's cavalry will probably beat Alexander's spear guys.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Genghis Kahn gives a bonus to his cavalry units, Has a country that prioritizes trade, with a building that boosts cavalry further, and has a custom cavalry unit.

Meanwhile, ol' Alex has the power to negate War Weariness, heals when capturing cities with Wonders, AND gives himself a custom cavalry Unit independent of his country. His country learns faster when conquering cities, has a unique anti-cavalry unit, and has a building that boosts everything except cavalry.

Normally the idea that Alex has a custom anti-cavalry unit, powered up by a building designed to help those guys would help swing it a lot. BUT, Genghis's cavalry is also boosted, and more importantly it's ranged, so it can strike and run before Alex's spear guys can close with him. Also as people pointed out, Alexander tends to peak in the Classical Age, where as Genghis really hits his stride in the Medieval. He also gives his dudes a bonus all the time, and Alexander's powers are more based on the Empire working well during the war. So in any sort of direct clash outside of their Golden Ages, with tech equalized, Genghis's cavalry will probably beat Alexander's spear guys.
    ...............goddamnit. :P

Horse Archers aren't quite as OP as modern folks tend to imagine, (afterall the Mongols themselves used more than just horse archers.)

Still Genghiz has a bigger army, a more unified army, and a more technologically advanced army.

Pretty much in the bag for the Khan.

Also Alexander in history died without a proper heir while attempting India and less than span of his life time it was crushed. His generals splintered and the Romans took up the gap.

The Mongols tattooed their hold of Asia from their home land down to India for generations.

Aside fighting, their long game was better.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Also Alexander in history died without a proper heir while attempting India and less than span of his life time it was crushed. His generals splintered and the Romans took up the gap.

The Mongols tattooed their hold of Asia from their home land down to India for generations.

Aside fighting, their long game was better.
    True, thoughbnot a factor in this particular rumble.

Honestly I find Alexander more impressive as an individual than Genghiz, considering what he managed to do compared to what he had.

That's not gonna help him in this fight however.