Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Has Joy Mercado resurfaced any time in the last ten years? I can't recall.
    She made a brief appearance in the first issue of the Warren Ellis/Declan Shalvey Moon Knight book.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    She made a brief appearance in the first issue of the Warren Ellis/Declan Shalvey Moon Knight book.
    Cool. Might have to check that out. Thanks.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

depending on the work/school setting, there are legions of folks who aren't around anymore, their initial usefulness decided by writers and editors and understandably each successive writer wants to not "have to" include everyone before their tenure starts. so at this point..
    in some cases, people would have to be given new jobs.. or old jobs.. etc.
    Glory Grant reappeared as a mayoral chief of staff after being gone from the strips for many years (and of course, why would she show up at TriCorp or some of these other work settings that weren't the Bugle?)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Lily Hollister
    She was awesome as Menace. I kinda thought she was the only one who could really control the Goblin Formula.

I kinda wish she got her powers back!

Quote Originally Posted by destinyascension View Post
    She was awesome as Menace. I kinda thought she was the only one who could really control the Goblin Formula.

I kinda wish she got her powers back!
    The June solicits have given us our wish for more Lily Hollister, albeit as "Queen Cat" like in AXIS: Hobgoblin. She'll be confronting Felicia Hardy in Black Cat #13.

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb450 View Post
    This list highlights a problem I’ve had with the Spider-man books for a long time and has led to a disconnect for me with the character. The problem I see is that I don’t really recognize/ know/ relate to or care about the Peter Parker character and the supporting cast suffers because there’s nothing for them to do.
    When Stan was on the book, he’d spend so much time with Peter and his supporting cast that the villain would show up at the end of the book, necessitating a second part to some stories to include the superhero action/fight. But he made you care about the gang at the Coffee Bean.
    During Conway’s time on the book, Peter actually “lived” in New York City. He had a fight at 30 Rock, he went to Saturday Night Live, he took MJ to see Star Trek, to Coney Island and laser light shows. I remember his apartment building with Ms. Muggins and then when Carrion bombed it, his friends chipped in to replace his furniture, leading to that wooden Native American statue he had for years.
    The point I’m getting to is that I got a sense of who Peter was by how he lived his life, who he hung out with, where he went and so on. What does he even do now? Does he go out? Isn’t he back in school? Has he been to class? I haven’t read every issue of Spencer’s run but this is an ongoing issue. During Big Time, you’re telling me that he got a brand new apartment and there wasn’t a house warming party, did we even get a good look at it, does no one celebrate birthdays or holidays and invite Peter?
    Just wanted to vent, I guess, going back to this list, doesn’t matter who’s on it. Peter Parker’s life and friends has taken a backseat in his own series for a long time. I’ve gotten the sense that the Peter Parker parts of the book are just there as breaks in the action and not to showcase the character or his interactions with his cast.
    There's stuff Lee did well that no one was able to replicate. He made sure that everyone was connected, so that Gwen's dad is friends with Robbie & Jonah, that Mary Jane can often be found whenever Anna Watson visits May, that Flash Thompson will go to yell at J. Jonah Jameson, that Betty Brant & Liz Allen will get catty with one another, or that Norman Osborn would be in the same social club as Jonah.

Later supporting casts do have the problem of keeping with the earlier one, when the reality is that people change and lose touch with individuals they saw very regularly. But writers do seem to assume we're going to care about new characters just because they work with Peter, or go to school with him. And when that setting changes, those characters go away.

Granted, it would be pretty easy to bring back old characters for one storyline, either connected to an A-plot, or just showing up for a party.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

No love for Yuri Watanabe?
    I had hoped that her appearance in the Playstation Spider-Man game would've sparked her return to the comics, but it didn't.
    She's technically appearing currently, but it's in the Gwen Stacy book set in the past. I'd much rather see her present version return. Either as a regular supporting cast role of a police officer or back as her superhero persona, wraith.
    #EmmaWasRight

Spencer would write the hell out of Yuri.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    No love for Yuri Watanabe?
    I had hoped that her appearance in the Playstation Spider-Man game would've sparked her return to the comics, but it didn't.
    She's technically appearing currently, but it's in the Gwen Stacy book set in the past. I'd much rather see her present version return. Either as a regular supporting cast role of a police officer or back as her superhero persona, wraith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Spencer would write the hell out of Yuri.
    Agreed, though considering where things left off with her in Gerry Conway's Spiral miniseries, she might resurface as more of a Punisher-style antagonist.

See this type of list on a Spiderman forum and I have to include Cardiac. He's a hero that represents some much wasted opportunities not just for as an individual character but to expand the Spiderverse without having to keep making spidey dupes.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    See this type of list on a Spiderman forum and I have to include Cardiac. He's a hero that represents some much wasted opportunities not just for as an individual character but to expand the Spiderverse without having to keep making spidey dupes.
    Definitely, especially given his motivation, which is rather relevant even today as the public at large has become more aware of how corporations abuse the influence and power accrued via their wealth to almost literally get away with murder by manipulating the law(s) in their own favor and thus leaving those they hurt with no legal recourse to redress the wrongs committed against them.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Only legit longtime "forgotten" entry, my opinion, Anna Watson, as she was a longtime supporting character for decades, before not-so-used much lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Anna Watson is more accurately a longtime background character than a supporting character. She was always that old lady who was connected to MJ and Aunt May. She's not supposed to be especially deep and interesting.
    She did attend Jameson Sr.'s funeral in Dead No More, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Definitely, especially given his motivation, which is rather relevant even today as the public at large has become more aware of how corporations abuse the influence and power accrued via their wealth to almost literally get away with murder by manipulating the law(s) in their own favor and thus leaving those they hurt with no legal recourse to redress the wrongs committed against them.
    Yeah, it gets into a lot of interesting questions. Especially if he makes a bad call (IE- goes after a company's board for rejecting a medication, unaware that the cause was completely justified.)

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Most of entries on list are either A) as long as that certain transition of Peter Parker's life, B) as long as the creator who created him / her's run, or C) DEAD.

Only legit longtime "forgotten" entry, my opinion, Anna Watson, as she was a longtime supporting character for decades, before not-so-used much lately.
    She seems to have disappeared when May's life gets more interesting. When May knew Peter's secret identity, she could be a bigger part of Peter and MJ's stories, so Anna was no longer as necessary. Jonah Sr was obviously a character May interacted with a lot, but even when that wasn't in the book post-OMD, May was more active in charities, which could be tied to Spider-Man's adventures.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets