BANNED

Default Takeshi Kovacs: Joel Kinnaman or Anthony Mackie

Which version of the character did you like more ?

While I enjoyed both, I'd pick Joel Kinamman a thousand times over Anthony Mackie, maybe because he was the original but overall he was much better in the role IMO and was sorely missed for the second season.

Plus, I think his reunion with the younger original Kovacs would have been more impactful since we saw all the journey he went through under Kinamman, having him encounter his original body would have had more meaning, instead I didn't feel much impact when Mackie found him since we have no attachment to that sleeve, same thing regarding his encounter with Quellcrist Falconer.

It doesn't help that (IMO) Mackie doesn't feel like Kovacs at all, he didn't even bother to copy his mannerisms and had a somewhat different attitude and personality.

Again, I'm not taking away from Mackie, he is a good actor and was completely fine if this was another original character, but it didn't feel like the Takeshi Kovacs from Season 1.

As an actor I'll take Mackie over Kinnaman everytime. But in this role I preffered Kinnaman. Cant wait to see what actor they get for season 3.

BANNED

Anyone else ?

Ultimate Member

Joel defined it and had writing that complimented the character.

Mackie's material wasn't up to snuff, IMO