Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Harley Quinn on the JL.... yuck! Honestly a New Avenegrs inspired lineup wouldn’t work for DC. The DC counterparts aren’t as cool as the Marvel counterparts together
    LOL, but you have to admit that it is possible and it actually may happen in the not too distant future. A lot of people were upset that Spidey was on the Avengers but now people cannot imagine the Avengers without him.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    I'd say the Robinson run just before Flashpoint qualifies for a Disassembled equivalent with the New 52 JL under Johns as the equivalent of the successful follow-up. Possibly, the pre-Infinite Crisis & post-Infinite Crisis Justice Leagues.
    I agree especially with DickBats; but it got cut off at the knees because of the New 52

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    They're less proven solo sellers than Harley and Shazam currently are.
    Shazam is hardly a proven solo seller his book sells currently somewhere in the low 20K region, despite being written by an A-list writer.

And he hasn't really had an long lasting ongoing since the late 90s.
    Last edited by Aahz; 03-19-2020 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Harley Quinn on the JL.... yuck! Honestly a New Avenegrs inspired lineup wouldn’t work for DC. The DC counterparts aren’t as cool as the Marvel counterparts together
    Then... yeah, that's the exact reaction most people had to Wolverine on the Avengers

I'd say the Detroit League for sure. More street-level than what came before, with some long-standing League regulars mixed in with lesser-known or new characters. And the dialogue was equally annoying for both runs. albeit for different reasons.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Based on the roster only, I would say Meltzer/McDuffie's JL would resemble.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I'd say the Detroit League for sure. More street-level than what came before, with some long-standing League regulars mixed in with lesser-known or new characters. And the dialogue was equally annoying for both runs. albeit for different reasons.
    Ha, good point(s), well made.

I make fun of them but I liked the Detroit team. That was back before I realized DC fans don’t generally view JLA line ups the the way Marvel fans do The Avengers. No Kooky Quartet JLA allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    LOL, but you have to admit that it is possible and it actually may happen in the not too distant future. A lot of people were upset that Spidey was on the Avengers but now people cannot imagine the Avengers without him.
    I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened yet.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Superman
    Flash
    John Stewart
    Batwomen
    Booster gold
    Blue beetle
    Harley Quinn
    Shazam

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyprincess View Post
    Superman
    Flash
    John Stewart
    Batwomen
    Booster gold
    Blue beetle
    Harley Quinn
    Shazam
    No Diana or Bruce; very bold, very Bendisy - I like it

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I mean, I could. Aside from Bendis' run Spidey hasn't really been much of an Avengers mainstay and even in Bendis' run he was basically window dressing for the most part.