Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ultimate Line Question

I am wanting to get into the ultimate line. I read the first Spiderman arc and the first Xmen are as well as the return of the king and ultimate war when they came out years ago. But one thing I am confused on is all of the events and minis that take place in that line. Is there a website or can someone tell me when I should read each event in terms of the regular books? And when does miles take over as Spiderman? Does it continue in the Spiderman book or is it a new title?

Thanks for all the help.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am wanting to get into the ultimate line. I read the first Spiderman arc and the first Xmen are as well as the return of the king and ultimate war when they came out years ago. But one thing I am confused on is all of the events and minis that take place in that line. Is there a website or can someone tell me when I should read each event in terms of the regular books? And when does miles take over as Spiderman? Does it continue in the Spiderman book or is it a new title?

Thanks for all the help.
    If I want to know about reading orders, I google Marvel Ultimate Universe chronological reading order...or something like that...always helps

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The Ultimates came out in seasons (there were only 3) but they showed up in other books. The Marvel fandom page or Uncannyxmen . net should have the chronology.

Miles takes over after Peter dies in in his own book. After Ultimatum, the book kinda flips flops between re-numbering and legacy numbering.
    "Cable was right!"

Thank you both for the answers. I never even thought of google. Duh me.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The Ultimates came out in seasons (there were only 3) but they showed up in other books.
    There was more than three Ultimates series. There was New Ultimates which Loeb did after Ultimatum, Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates which was post-Death of Spider-Man, and All-New Ultimates which was post-Cataclysm. There was also Ultimate Comics: Avengers by Millar that came out at the same time as New Ultimates.
    Last edited by Noodle; 03-20-2020 at 06:56 AM.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    There was more than three Ultimates series. There was New Ultimates which Loeb did after Ultimatum, Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates which was post-Death of Spider-Man, and All-New Ultimates which was post-Cataclysm. There was also Ultimate Comics: Avengers by Millar that came out at the same time as New Ultimates.
    Yeah. I messed that one up cuz I was only focused on pre-Ultimatum.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Of the Ultimate Line, only Ultimate Spider-Man is worth reading from start to finish.

The others not at all.

There are some gems later on, like the Ultimate Enemy Trilogy (which shows how Ultimate Reed Richards broke bad) followed by Jonathan Hickman's run on Ultimates (which had Ultimate Reed refashioned as The Maker).

But aside from that, you can skim and skip.

Ultimates 2 is the best 1610 story.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I dunno. Ultimate F4 was kinda the cosmic book. UXM was good until Cable.

Although I do remember being hyped for Wolverine vs. Hulk and they messed that up.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Marvel Team-Up was great. Ultimate Daredevil and Elektra was good. Wood's Ultimate Comics X-Men was pretty solid as well.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

For me the best one was Ultimate X-Men, after Ultimatum. The whole extinction thing has been overused so much, but here you could really feel it. No mansion, no Brotherhood base of operations, no Xavier, no Magneto (not even Cyclops or Wolverine), the cure and the rogue Sentinels drop the number of mutants to almost nothing, no new mutants will arise (because they are not the next step of human evolution, but an infection caused by nanobots), etc. The stakes against the X-Men had never been more dire.

My suggestion is only to read Ultimate Spider-Man.

Ultimates and Ultimates 2 were good, but they're very dated. Very edgelord.

Hickman's Ultimates was good but is forever unfinished.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    My suggestion is only to read Ultimate Spider-Man.

Ultimates and Ultimates 2 were good, but they're very dated. Very edgelord.

Hickman's Ultimates was good but is forever unfinished.
    What year did it come out? And does this mean it ends in the middle of a story Line?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    For me the best one was Ultimate X-Men, after Ultimatum. The whole extinction thing has been overused so much, but here you could really feel it. No mansion, no Brotherhood base of operations, no Xavier, no Magneto (not even Cyclops or Wolverine), the cure and the rogue Sentinels drop the number of mutants to almost nothing, no new mutants will arise (because they are not the next step of human evolution, but an infection caused by nanobots), etc. The stakes against the X-Men had never been more dire.
    Yeah, that was the Spencer/Wood run. It was pretty good. The only problem was that it was already a little out of steam by the time it was launched. Ultimate Comics X was supposed to be the follow up to Ultimatum but it was so constantly delayed that by the time it finished and Ultimate Comics X-Men had come out it was already post-Death of Spider-Man.