Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question How were pre-M-Day X-Genes recovered?

So, with X-Men #7, we know that Krakoa can grow X-Gene positive bodies for mutants depowered by M-Day.

gone.jpg
    (Endangered Species, Chapter 4, New X-Men Vol 2 #40)

It had previously been stated that M-Day destroyed the genetic samples of the depowered mutants.

Did Sinister's system have a failsafe for this, or is this just an element being ignored for convenience?

I've been asking the same question. Sinister having a failsafe could work, but I guess this has been just ignored.

What kind of failsafe could he have had? Hidden them in another dimension that was somehow safe from Wanda?

Or maybe they're using Proteus to repower the samples?

Tempus could rewind the samples to before M-Day, Elixir could recreate the X-gene, Proteus could just undo Wanda's spell with local reality warping

Some combination of all 3, with Hope amplifying their powers. And being reborn from a Goldballs egg making it permanent

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

^ Yeah just like with Logan returning with his adamantium, we have to assume one of the Five's abilities restored the X-gene in the subject's DNA.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Moira is now living in a place outside time and space (which explains why she also survived Secret Wars, presumably). Maybe she kept it there.

I seem to remember the genetic data was stored holographically rather than in a fridge as a sample
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Moira is now living in a place outside time and space (which explains why she also survived Secret Wars, presumably). Maybe she kept it there.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I seem to remember the genetic data was stored holographically rather than in a fridge as a sample
    You are right! I forgot about this. I guess they're reproducing/printing the samples based on the holographic database.

Fantastic Member

Also Sinister has all the database info but if I recall HoxPox correctly Xavier blocked the knowledge I’m his brain until it was time.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    You are right! I forgot about this. I guess they're reproducing/printing the samples based on the holographic database.
    How lucky that Wanda's mumbo jumbo didn't effect computers.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    How lucky that Wanda's mumbo jumbo didn't effect computers.
    Sinister was using a VPN.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Nah, she just lives in a secret part of Krakoa.

BANNED

I was gonna say that. It's weird to think that data survived the M-Day, until you realize a big part of what Hickman is doing is about how AI and technologically enhanced life ultimately always surpasses mutants. So it makes sense thematically, I suppose.

I mean even if it didnt, the entire current status quo is built on massive retcons so this little scan from deciMation would have been easy to accept as retconned away

I am inclined to Proteus/Hope/Tempus being the answer to this. And honestly, this doesn't really contradict much, since Moira and the others didn't attempt this til after Hope restarted the X-Gene into the universe. So it's quiet possible that AvX (Which has happened in at least one of Moira's lives) needed to happen before this could be attempted sucessfully.