Astonishing Member

Default Imhotep (Mummy films) in the Marvel universe

Imhotep, from the 90's Mummy films, comes to Marvel. How does he fit in with the villain hierarchy? Who would fight him?

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Imhotep, from the 90's Mummy films, comes to Marvel. How does he fit in with the villain hierarchy? Who would fight him?
    He would either love or hate Sandman.

Do you mean the MCU or books?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

He does rather well as he is nearly immortal with high level regeneration, and has TK that can easily manipulate nature on a high level and can create a army of mummies if given time. Dr Strange would be the only one he should fear on Earth, and Marvel/Thor in space.
    Last edited by Darth Drizzle; 03-17-2020 at 02:03 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Do you mean the MCU or books?
    Comic books.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Comic books.
    In comics someone like Reed or Tony could science the **** out of him. And there are sooooooo mmany telepaths and he has absolutely no feats at all for resisting mindwhammies. He's not going to enjoy the results, if he becomes taller than the other weeds.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

He might try to resurrect Anck Su Namun but that might attract the attention of Dr. Strange; which he wants no part of.

If he lays low and plays it smart he can be a good fight for some heroes. I mean he has good TK, control over sand and water, can turn himself into a sandstorm, pretty much immune to transmutation. In regards to TP, in the first movie, he was mind controlling a horde of people so he does have access to it too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    He might try to resurrect Anck Su Namun but that might attract the attention of Dr. Strange; which he wants no part of.

If he lays low and plays it smart he can be a good fight for some heroes. I mean he has good TK, control over sand and water, can turn himself into a sandstorm, pretty much immune to transmutation. In regards to TP, in the first movie, he was mind controlling a horde of people so he does have access to it too.
    Wasn't the mind controlled horde a consequence of one of the plagues, rather than his own actions?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Wasn't the mind controlled horde a consequence of one of the plagues, rather than his own actions?
    Maybe, I don't remember much of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Plagues he had control over so it really doesn't matter.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

He'd probably end up being one of Apocalypse's Horsemen. My initial instinct would be Death, but between the plagues and zombies, I think he might fit in better as Pestilence.