A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Default Shadow King vs Apocalypse

Two Ancient Kings go at it.

Fight 1: Live Action
    Amahl Farouk(Legion) vs Apocalypse (Foxverse)

Fight 2: 616 Comic versions at their peak powers
    Shadow King vs Apocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Two Ancient Kings go at it.

Fight 1: Live Action
    Amahl Farouk(Legion) vs Apocalypse (Foxverse)

Fight 2: 616 Comic versions at their peak powers
    Shadow King vs Apocalypse
    I'd love to see the love-action version of this fight. I imagine Apocalypse has sheer power but Farouk has the versatility, wit, and WTF-ness to take care of Apocalypse. The implication in the show is that Legion's Professor X was also weaker but more clever while Farouk was more powerful, and Farouk lost.

I'm only knowledgable on the Live Action versions.

Shadow King's psychic powers are extraordinary. We're talking about a telepath that bottled up countless minds into a single body, and he did this on multiple occasions. While it could be argued that he grew to be Xavier's telepathic equal and wouldn't be able to mess with Apolcaypse's mind, Amahl Farouk has more powers at his disposal. With neither mutant strong enough to conquer the other on the Astral Plane, it'll come down to a physical confrontation. Apocalypse's power over inanimate matter is extraordinarily high, given how he could telekinetically lift and rearrange pyramids like a giant Jenga puzzle and transmute the city of Cairo into a supersized pyramid. But Shadow King has similar feats of power. He's powerful enough to manipulate organic matter, having turned humans into fish. Combine that with his reality-warping (temporarily freezing a Time Eater in-between dimensions and later killing several others), Shadow King has an edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    I'm only knowledgable on the Live Action versions.

Shadow King's psychic powers are extraordinary. We're talking about a telepath that bottled up countless minds into a single body, and he did this on multiple occasions. While it could be argued that he grew to be Xavier's telepathic equal and wouldn't be able to mess with Apolcaypse's mind, Amahl Farouk has more powers at his disposal. With neither mutant strong enough to conquer the other on the Astral Plane, it'll come down to a physical confrontation. Apocalypse's power over inanimate matter is extraordinarily high, given how he could telekinetically lift and rearrange pyramids like a giant Jenga puzzle and transmute the city of Cairo into a supersized pyramid. But Shadow King has similar feats of power. He's powerful enough to manipulate organic matter, having turned humans into fish. Combine that with his reality-warping (temporarily freezing a Time Eater in-between dimensions and later killing several others), Shadow King has an edge.
    Those Time Eater scenes (especially when they travel to their realm) are some of my favorite scenes in the entire show.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

The time eaters were weird seeing as they lived in black holes which one would assume would make them stupidly durable, but yet a peak human with a sword was slicing through them?

It took David going "God Mode" on them with his powers to erase one which was in line with his power level, but then I guess for plots sake they were downgraded to being destroyed by Shotguns(which somehow took out David as well, even though he was established as well beyond that but whatevs) and swords weilded by peak humans.

Also I think Farouk vs Apoc ASTRAL PLANE RAP BATTLE would be glorious
    Last edited by Darth Drizzle; 03-18-2020 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    The time eaters were weird seeing as they lived in black holes which would one would assume would make them stupidly durable, but yet a peak human with a sword was slicing through them?

It took David going "God Mode" on them with his powers to erase one which was in line with his power level, but then I guess for plots sake they were downgraded to being destroyed by Shotguns(which somehow took out David as well, even though he was established as well beyond that but whatevs) and swords weilded by peak humans.

Also I think Farouk vs Apoc ASTRAL PLANE RAP BATTLE would be glorious
    On the other hand, it could be that "normal" weapons could hurt them because they were now part of their dimensional plane. Without it, those weapons would've been useless. That's thanks to Farouk.

On another level, to Tomzilla's point, the fact that Farouk could attack temporal beings and bring humans into their nest imply that this version's powers are more esoteric and versatile than the comics version, which is rare.

Edit: I rescind the point about the weapons. The last episode could maybe make the case that since our heroes were also time-jumpy that they could march the time eaters, Kerry manages to kick one in the previous episode, well before our heroes time travel.
    Last edited by Cyke; 03-17-2020 at 09:38 PM.