View Poll Results: Who is the leader of the Justice League?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Superman

30 53.57%
  • Batman

13 23.21%
  • Wonder Woman

6 10.71%
  • Other

7 12.50%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Who is the leader of the Justice League?

Who has been traditionally the leader of the Justice League?

I've always felt it has been Superman because he is the one they respect the most?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

First Chairman Barry Allen!

In all seriousness, I don't know what the factual answer is, but my impression is that Superman is like a de facto leader because of his influence, but the structure of the league is by consensus or majority and doesn't really have a strong leader. I also feel like different members take leadership in different scenarios also. Batman seems like a field commander, Superman is a strong moral voice in debates, and Wonder Woman seems best at diplomaty with governments or international situations. Someone like GL or Aquaman will set hard rules when handling things in their areas of responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    First Chairman Barry Allen!

In all seriousness, I don't know what the factual answer is, but my impression is that Superman is like a de facto leader because of his influence, but the structure of the league is by consensus or majority and doesn't really have a strong leader. I also feel like different members take leadership in different scenarios also. Batman seems like a field commander, Superman is a strong moral voice in debates, and Wonder Woman seems best at diplomaty with governments or international situations. Someone like GL or Aquaman will set hard rules when handling things in their areas of responsibility.
    I agree, it's not clear cut and depends on the situation.

I always saw it kinda like Superman is the "crown" so to speak (the figure head), influential and revered, but it's more often that other members (usually but not always Batman) are the ones actually running the plays depending on the situation. That's not to say Superman never takes charge, as Rider pointed out, he is seen by the League as the de facto leader and the one to rally behind in a crisis but the leader in practice usually depends on the story and the situation at hand.

So it's kinda Superman, but more often than not (unofficially) it's Batman, and a lot times it's neither.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Mighty Member

Sorry but didnt have the League MANY Leaders?

-Martian Manhunter
    -Aquaman
    -Black Canary (Justice League of America (vol. 2))

-Batman, but he is unofficial..

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Supes, certainly.
    I mean, He is the perfect example of a leader: Personal charm, Powerful, Easy-going, morals,Always have hope and influence to others, Etc

Batman is the one planning and running JL, But he is more like a strategist, His personality made him not fitting into a leader

MMH, He is the longest member of JL but his personality made him a bit inactive
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I voted for Wonder Woman.
    Unlike Clark, she is more than happy to take the lead, and HAS.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Agree with married guy. Wonder Woman has all of the planning skills of Batman combined with all the motivational power of Superman, and her own superpower of empathy. Unlike the both of them, she has also received hardcore training in diplomacy, psychology, organisation, tactics, and strategy.

However, I don't think the Justice League as set up has a formal leadership structure in the military sense. I view it more as an academy. They might have a chairman (who might or might not rotate) and they probably have a secretary in the "classical" sense, similar to the secretary-general in many organisations: a person who prepares decisions, who gets reports on things done, and sometimes communicates outwards. But in the field, with a small group like that, it can very much run on trust, who is closest to the spot, or best able to lead in that particular situation.

Sometimes you want the leader to be someone who is more able to coordinate and manage. Sometimes you want a leader who leads by example and from the front. Sometimes you need a leader who is in the thick of things but still able to follow the action and handle risks and opportunities.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I don't know about traditional. What I see is they have a round table but Batman likes to order people around.

Astonishing Member

Superman is the face of the league. Batman is the tactical leader. Wonder Woman is the diplomatic league representative.

I’d argue Martian Manhunter. Especially with his role as the Heart of the League I see him as the leader.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Batman appointed Cyborg leader in one of the recent comics (like from last year)
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

M-I-C, K-E-Y
    M-O-U-S-E!

Or, if you prefer, . . .
    S-C-O-T-T
    S-N-Y-D-E-R!

I think as of late most people default to Batman as the leader of the League, although Martian Manthuner is the current Chairman in Snyder's run.

Superman I see as the symbolic leader and core of the group.

If Batman isn't leading,I don't know why he is on justice league.He isn't the strongest, fastest or smartest. Batman being on the Justice League for his mind specifically tactical leadership makes the most sense to me. That's his "super power" to prepare and planned for all outcomes and have contingencies. That is tool that makes him useful among God like beings who are performing super hero deeds as the highest level.