Default Dormammu (Marvel) vs Cyttorak (Marvel)

Who wins?

Also: They sit and talk.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    Who wins?

Also: They sit and talk.
    This is close - they are pretty much on the same tier. Dormammu has some extra feats and some extra versatility, so in a Rumble, I'd give it to him.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Cyttorak has very little showings outside of his own realm. The strongest you could probably get him is "Obviously more powerful than the strongest versions of Juggernaut.". So durable enough to bounce off Thor's Godblast, mentally able to ignore Xavier, that kind of thing.

It's worth noting that Dormammu's called on him for the Crimson Bands in the past, so they should at least be peers, but Dormammu gets out of his house more often so he has better showings.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Cyttorak’s best showing, I would say, would be treating Classic Strange and Herald Nova like trash. It puts him at least in the same ballpark as Dormammu.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Cyttorak’s best showing, I would say, would be treating Classic Strange and Herald Nova like trash. It puts him at least in the same ballpark as Dormammu.
    What issue was that in, out of curiosity?

More importantly, how in God’s name do you pronounce Cytorrak?

Like when I was reading it as a youth I always mentally pronounced it “Sitt-ore-ack” but when I got older wondered if invoking “the Crimson Bands of Kitt-ore-ack” would flow better.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Lightbulb Stan Lee pronounced it SIT-or-rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    More importantly, how in GodÂ’s name do you pronounce Cytorrak?

Like when I was reading it as a youth I always mentally pronounced it “Sitt-ore-ack” but when I got older wondered if invoking “the Crimson Bands of Kitt-ore-ack” would flow better.
    I used to pronounce Cyttorak as Si (with lower case 'i' sound like 'sit' ) TOR (like 'Thor' with the accent on this part of the word) Rack (like a coat rack).
    Recently I heard Stan Lee pronounce Cyttorack so differently that initially I didn't understand it was the same word.
    Stan Lee pronounced it SIT-or-rock.

In this vid he mentions a "Crystal moon of Cyttorak".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugtWtIZHTXk

Stan uses the exact same pronunciation for the Crimson Rings of Cyttorak.
    https://twitter.com/CoolComicArt/status/1161509237794758656

Excelsior!

Daoud

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    What issue was that in, out of curiosity?
    I would need to look it up...which isn’t easy at the moment.

Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme, in the time he was bouncing around the galaxy with Galactus. I’ll try to find it.

Edit: #44.

This is at a time in that series when Strange was supposedly back to his full level of power.

Also demonstrates that the Juggernaut has zero chance against Cyttorak himself, when written with any logic.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 03-18-2020 at 06:06 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate