Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looker

All-New Member

Default Looker

I really want Looker back, but without the vampire part. I want her to have her psionic powers, and have her become DC's Jean Grey. In fact, I don't even like the name Looker; I would prefer Lia. No more nasty costumes LOL!

The Travis Charest version rocks!

http://travischarestgallery.com/imag...rsTCcopyBW.jpg

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

DC Jean is definitely becoming Lilith. I like the vampire powerset because it's unique and suits her. Her without vampirism I wouldn't mind though. She has enough personality to live without it.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 05-14-2017 at 06:12 PM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I hated when they made her a vampire. One if the few missteps from Mike Barr.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I hated when they made her a vampire. One if the few missteps from Mike Barr.
    Agreed! Everything she was in since that was ridiculous!

This thread inspires three questions:

1. Is there any doubt that Looker's original ridiculous costume is her best costume? If they can update Jem and the Holograms' looks for the Teens (or whatever we're calling this decade) surely we can have a costume for Looker that recalls the original.
    2. Who is DC Jean Grey? The closest I can think of is Saturn Girl, both due to her longevity and due to the Legion traditionally having their own little corner of the DCU not unlike the X-Men.
    3. Now that DC's in Burbank, isn't it time for an Outsiders revival? Possibly I am the only one who associates them with Los Angeles due to this old house ad being stuck in my head:

Top-2.bmp.jpg

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post

1. Is there any doubt that Looker's original ridiculous costume is her best costume? If they can update Jem and the Holograms' looks for the Teens (or whatever we're calling this decade) surely we can have a costume for Looker that recalls the original.
    2. Who is DC Jean Grey? The closest I can think of is Saturn Girl, both due to her longevity and due to the Legion traditionally having their own little corner of the DCU not unlike the X-Men.
    3. Now that DC's in Burbank, isn't it time for an Outsiders revival? Possibly I am the only one who associates them with Los Angeles due to this old house ad being stuck in my head:

Top-2.bmp.jpg
    I think Lia is DC's version of Jean Grey based on powers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post

1. Well, they did do a modern version where she had free arms, wristbands and bearing her midsection but kept the colors.
    2. Power-wise it's Saturn Girl as a centrally placed telepath on a young team. But Raven is the one with the most parallels with Jean, as also being a psionic and a planet shattering dark side that shows up now and again... along with a few deaths and resurrections.
    3. Think they realizes after the last run they didn't know what to really use the team for. But maybe Tec will lead to an Outsiders team again.

Retired

Based on design, Looker seems like DC's answer to Dazzler.

Besides Looker, Saturn Girl and Martian Manhunter, who does DC have that are telekinetics or TP/TK combo?

What is the ranking in terms of power of the three above?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Besides Looker, Saturn Girl and Martian Manhunter, who does DC have that are telekinetics or TP/TK combo?

I dont think any of those are telekinetics?

Ultimate Member

Miss Martian and Legionnaire Tellus are also telekinetics, IIRC. Tellus originally only had minimal TK, and had trouble moving a few items that weighed a couple hundred pounds, but has more recently been shown telekinetically lifting an entire tower/building that had been transmuted into metal, so who knows if he's vastly increased in power, or that writer had no idea what he was doing.

Saturn Girl is generally only a telepath, not a telekinetic (although, again, she was shown a few years back 'thinking' at a stone pillar collapsing towards some people she was trying to rescue, so who knows if the writer or artist knew that... Maybe she was telepathically reassuring the people about to die?).

Powerwise, I'd say Miss Martian and Looker are the strongest, followed by Martian Manhunter (who doesn't use his telekinesis as much).

I vaguely recall others, like Faith and Tomorrow Woman, both of whom seemed to be powerful telekinetics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I vaguely recall others, like Faith and Tomorrow Woman, both of whom seemed to be powerful telekinetics.
    Still not quite sure about the Martians tbh since the only molecules I can remember them being able to move around are their own or ones they are actually pushing with them.

Faith I do remember however... and that she spouted a new power in every other issue.

I could throw Raven onto the pile because while she is primarily an empath, she does have feats that are more telepathic and telekinetic in nature when she goes full demon.

All-New Member

There is a whole lot of grasping LOL. Lia and Jean have the same powers (notwithstanding physical features).

In terms of a costume, all of them have been hideous except the sexier purple one:
    tumblr_mr4gf7SmtJ1rftaf2o1_400.jpg

I never saw the purple one till now. Not bad--vampiric.

Wow, I knew Lia was tall, but 5'10" is very tall and she weighs the same as 5'6" Jean!

I don't think DC has the type and level of Psychics that Marvel does, which is ok. But there may not be a DC analog of Jean Grey. Perhaps X'Hal? But does she have psychic powers?

BANNED

I never saw the purple one till now. Not bad--vampiric.

Wow, I knew Lia was tall, but 5'10" is very tall and she weighs the same as 5'6" Jean!

I don't think DC has the type and level of Psychics that Marvel does, which is ok. But there may not be a DC analog of Jean Grey. Perhaps X'Hal? But does she have psychic powers?
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Looker's origin that she was a "plain" woman who was turned into a supermodel with powers? And her costumes were inspired by a lot of...shall we say...unique fashions from the 80s?

That's fertile ground for a 21st Century re-imagination...(I'm not sure the vampire iteration is worth it, unless it was made part and parcel of her origin....)