Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Jason Rusch, have him hang out for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    While I think the team is fine as is...

...this is an interesting concept.
    Crystal wasn’t all that earth shaking a member, but She-Hulk was.
    However, given that She-Hulk replaced Ben, let’s say a character in this scenario replaces Metamorpho; someone w. an elemental based power set like Crystal would make a kind of sense.

So, a She-Hulk/Crystal expy. Who fits that bill?
    Element Woman. A character full of potential that Johns simply ignored.
    She'd also bring some more comedy like She-Hulk.

Actually, Power Girl would also be great. I'd love to see her relationship with Michael better explored. I do wonder if this book would keep them from joining a JSA reunion (which is my only beef with the Terrifics, because the team has some characters I'd rather have on their classic teams, like Metamorpho on the Outsiders).

Mrs.Terrific, Element Woman & Vibe as full time members

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I agree with those saying Power Girl would be a great addition.
    Not me. I would prefer to keep Supers, Bats and Wonders people away from this team and use other, less used. If I should, I would expand the team to a max of six members, but I like as is it right now. Maybe to include Sideways to explore his dark matter powers and maybe Red Tornado. Because would be interesting to see mr. terrific interact with an artificial intelligence who also has an elemental force inside him.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Power Girl would be a good addition. Karen and Michael being ex’s and on the same team would be interesting. If they added Power Girl I would actually get rid of Metamorpho. Him and Plas are used pretty interchangeably with their shape shifting and his elemental powers haven’t really been a huge factor.

Plas is one of my favorite characters but if they did take him off the team maybe they could replace him with 4-D. She was one of the Ultra Marinecorps from Morrison’s JLA.
    Attachment 94632

Would love to see the Ultra Marine Corps. show up in a Terrifics storyline as they were also based on The Fantastic Four.
    Yes, taht would be interesting to see.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

if I were to add anyone for any substantial amount of time, I would have Mrs. Terrific return as a full time member and add Duke Thomas (with a new look divorced from the over the top Batmanisms of his current look)
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Power Girl would be a good addition. Karen and Michael being ex’s and on the same team would be interesting. If they added Power Girl I would actually get rid of Metamorpho. Him and Plas are used pretty interchangeably with their shape shifting and his elemental powers haven’t really been a huge factor.

Plas is one of my favorite characters but if they did take him off the team maybe they could replace him with 4-D. She was one of the Ultra Marinecorps from Morrison’s JLA.
    Attachment 94632

Would love to see the Ultra Marine Corps. show up in a Terrifics storyline as they were also based on The Fantastic Four.
    Are PG and Holt exs though? We don't know which version of PG is sort of kind of back, the nu52 one who was a Holt ex, or the original one who wasn't anything of the sort?

Also, which Holt is this, the nu52 version, or the pre-Flashpoint version? I expect this has been cleared up, but I don't know for sure.

I like the team as it exists now. I thought it was great that they began when the FF wasn't being published!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Are PG and Holt exs though? We don't know which version of PG is sort of kind of back, the nu52 one who was a Holt ex, or the original one who wasn't anything of the sort?

Also, which Holt is this, the nu52 version, or the pre-Flashpoint version? I expect this has been cleared up, but I don't know for sure.
    That would almost make it more interesting...Holt remembers her as an ex, but shes never been because shes the original PG and not the post flashpoint one...

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    That would almost make it more interesting...Holt remembers her as an ex, but shes never been because shes the original PG and not the post flashpoint one...
    I would say that is the other way around. Mr. Terrific is the original and the PG who was her girlfriend is the one around.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I would say that is the other way around. Mr. Terrific is the original and the PG who was her girlfriend is the one around.
    My preference is that they're both the originals, in which case, this doesn't even come up. Though I'm sure that Holt would certainly want PG on his side.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I really like this idea because it flips Karen's usual gimmick on her. That's a genuinely great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Would be interesting to explore. Does Terrific remember his time on Earth 2? Maybe his partial memory of those events leads him to explore what the hell is going on with DC continuity. He would be the hero most interested in figuring things out. His whole character is about science and logic and things currently don’t add up.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

To be honest, the New 52 was not kind to either character so while I like flipping the script on Karen, I think it's best for both Mr. Terrific and Power Girl if that time was retconned out.

Still, they're old colleagues and I like when they work together.