Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Does anyone want to see Scarlet Witch and the X-men team up ?

All I just want is a simple story where Scarlet Witch teams up the X-men on an adventure and both sides finally addressed the “No more mutants,” Cyclops and what happen afterwards. Because even in various comics it shows that Wanda still hold some guilt for what happen when those words were said.

If the editorial at Marvel were really listening to its fans then they should have the guts to finally address this once and for all and put this behind them.

As fans of both sides it should be addressed, right ?

What do you think of this ?

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

I think personally this would be a beautiful idea and it could give Wanda a chance at redemption in the eyes of both readers and writers who can't stop making her feel guilty but don't do nothing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    All I just want is a simple story where Scarlet Witch teams up the X-men on an adventure and both sides finally addressed the “No more mutants,” Cyclops and what happen afterwards. Because even in various comics it shows that Wanda still hold some guilt for what happen when those words were said.

If the editorial at Marvel were really listening to its fans then they should have the guts to finally address this once and for all and put this behind them.

As fans of both sides it should be addressed, right ?

What do you think of this ?
    Good luck.

How do fans want Marvel to address this?

The Scarlet Witch has been one of my most favorite characters since I first read her in the pages of the Avengers in the late '60s - - somewhere around issue # 44, The Super Adaptoid, I think...

I've loved her many stories over the decades; her classic relationship with the Vision, her defining moment defeating Ultron, waaaaaaay back around # 180 or so.

I've always hated what Bendix did to her. To me she doesn't need redemption. We just need to make sure he never assassinates another character again.

To me that ship, that the X-Men and Wanda might reconcile in some story, that ship has sailed.

And I'm sure most fans of X-Men wouldn't want to see this story. I think some of them still think Wanda needs to be punished.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    The Scarlet Witch has been one of my most favorite characters since I first read her in the pages of the Avengers in the late '60s - - somewhere around issue # 44, The Super Adaptoid, I think...

I've loved her many stories over the decades; her classic relationship with the Vision, her defining moment defeating Ultron, waaaaaaay back around # 180 or so.

I've always hated what Bendix did to her. To me she doesn't need redemption. We just need to make sure he never assassinates another character again.

To me that ship, that the X-Men and Wanda might reconcile in some story, that ship has sailed.

And I'm sure most fans of X-Men wouldn't want to see this story. I think some of them still think Wanda needs to be punished.
    I would agree.

That she still needs to be punished?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I would agree.
    I'm an X-fan who feels like Wanda's treatment wasn't realistic. I am, however, open to a proper examination of the "Bendis incident" that lets the X-Men and Scarlet Witch properly bury the hatchet. My question is: how?

That she still needs to be punished?
    No, that some X-fans are still looking for a pound of flesh.

I'm a Wanda fan myself and I see no need to rehash a story that would only serve to rile up a rabid fan base.

As both an X-Men and Wanda fan I feel like the best thing to do is to push her away from the X-Men completely. The irrational hate people have for her is too much. I don't want to go here on the X-boards to see everyone whining about her for stuff that happened more than 10 years ago and was already retconned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I'm an X-fan who feels like Wanda's treatment wasn't realistic. I am, however, open to a proper examination of the "Bendis incident" that lets the X-Men and Scarlet Witch properly bury the hatchet. My question is: how?
    Marvel can do a proper examination but is it going to be acceptable to a certain segment of the X-Men fan base. I don't think it's possible.

I admit to being out of the loop, but of course there are decent X-Men fans who can appreciate how some of us may feel. There really are a lot of flaws or inaccuracies in Dissembled's plot as far as 'how' Wanda went mad.

How is a good question indeed, but would most likely involve another layer of finding someone to blame.
    To be fair I never read most of Children's Crusade, which supposedly helped resolve/redeem Wanda. Sometimes its just best to just move on, and try to forget.

I'm going to have to agree with that. Moving on. I hear she is coming back to Uncanny Avengers, so I've started reading that again.

I admit to being out of the loop, but of course there are decent X-Men fans who can appreciate how some of us may feel. There really are a lot of flaws or inaccuracies in Dissembled's plot as far as 'how' Wanda went mad.

How is a good question indeed, but would most likely involve another layer of finding someone to blame.
    To be fair I never read most of Children's Crusade, which supposedly helped resolve/redeem Wanda. Sometimes its just best to just move on, and try to forget.
    That's the best thing to do, just move on from this story. Looking for someone else to blame won't change the minds of some as evidenced by Children's Crusade.

Let Wanda continue on her path and let the X-Men continue down theirs.

BANNED

No, that some X-fans are still looking for a pound of flesh.

I'm a Wanda fan myself and I see no need to rehash a story that would only serve to rile up a rabid fan base.
    Yet my idea is hopefully heal the rift between the fanbases.

BANNED

That's the best thing to do, just move on from this story. Looking for someone else to blame won't change the minds of some as evidenced by Children's Crusade.

Let Wanda continue on her path and let the X-Men continue down theirs.
    What’s wrong with trying to heal the rift. I mean as long as Marvel keep mentioning the “No more Mutants” thing it still exist in some form. As fans of both characters: What do you have to say to that ?