Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Hulk stories recommendations

Hello, I have mainly registered for this question.

Are there any Hulk stories where Hulk doesn't kill anyone (or cripple them for life)?

Thanks a lot!

Edit: I changed the title because my question has been answered. Now I'm looking for a good hulk story. As can easily be seen in the original post it should ideally be a story in which hulk does not kill anyone. For me it is very confusing with the different storylines and writers.
    Last edited by Zolos; 03-19-2020 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Update

Hulk has NEVER killed anyone according to some sources at Marvel
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zolos View Post

Are there any Hulk stories where Hulk doesn't kill anyone (or cripple them for life)?

Thanks a lot!
    Hulk doesn’t typically kill, and the rare times that he has it’s ALWAYS been in self defense or to protect others.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyDemonic View Post
    Hulk doesn’t typically kill, and the rare times that he has it’s ALWAYS been in self defense or to protect others.
    In Immortal Hulk when Hulk reformed around a scientist he's pretty much dead. When Bruce changes back there's no body or even guy there to run away or be unconscious, Bruce as the Hulk pretty much ate the guy because a still living Hulk didn't like being in multiple pieces but Bruce wanted to see how far he could take himself reanimating.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

The scientist in Immortal Hulk is apparently the first person Hulk has killed.

I have a hard time buying that, but that's what's been said.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post

I think that scientist was the first person Hulk has killed deliberately .

He had it comin'.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Yeah, that's the correct answer.

A lot of "capes" have a higher body count.

Astonishing Member

I think Marvel is squeamish about admitting the implications of the lives lost caused by Hulk, which have to be in the three digit number - conservatively. That's not counting when he's deliberately going on rampages to hurt people, like in World War Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I think Marvel is squeamish about admitting the implications of the lives lost caused by Hulk, which have to be in the three digit number - conservatively. That's not counting when he's deliberately going on rampages to hurt people, like in World War Hulk.
    You're gonna start applying that to Hulk you got to apply it for every time Tony wore the suit while hammered, every time an X-Men goes "Blarg, I can't control my powers, the Pheonix, Blargh," etc. etc.

Unlike the Hulk they generally operate in one of the most densely populated areas in the world, so the death tolls gonna be a lot greater too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolos View Post

Thanks a lot!
    To answer your question, the vast majority of Hulk stories, he doesn't kill or cripple anybody.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    You're gonna start applying that to Hulk you got to apply it for every time Tony wore the suit while hammered, every time an X-Men goes "Blarg, I can't control my powers, the Pheonix, Blargh," etc. etc.
    Of course. How many times has Stark been drunk while in his suit? Hulk creates havoc wherever he goes because he has no discipline and places safety as a low priority for anyone in his vicinity. Mutants would get more fatalities unless they get recruited into Xavier's, it's not trained X-men who can't safely operate their powers.

Unlike the Hulk they generally operate in one of the most densely populated areas in the world, so the death tolls gonna be a lot greater too.
    Hulk trashes towns by walking through them. He's worse by nearly every hero on this aspect.

Tony being drunk in the suit is actually extraordinarily rare. He wasn't retconned into being an alcoholic until two decades after his creation. And there were only two major stories about him being an alcoholic, neither of which had him kill anyone.

The only thing getting killed by the Hulk is the economy.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    That'd be the other indirect damage he causes on his rampages, which would increase the homeless population across the country several fold and make them more vulnerable to dying. All the while Hulk just doesn't care.

All-New Member

I am surprised at the many answers! Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Hulk has NEVER killed anyone according to some sources at Marvel
    I read this a few times during my internet research. It was contradictory to many other statements. That's how I would like Hulk the most. Where can i find these sources ? Thanks a lot for your helpful answer.

Thanks for your helpful answer ! I read that the most.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    In Immortal Hulk when Hulk reformed around a scientist he's pretty much dead. When Bruce changes back there's no body or even guy there to run away or be unconscious, Bruce as the Hulk pretty much ate the guy because a still living Hulk didn't like being in multiple pieces but Bruce wanted to see how far he could take himself reanimating.
    Thank your for your answer !

I got volume 1 from Immortal Hulk Vol. 1: Or Is He Both? (Immortal Hulk (2018-)) bought. I liked the drawing style. Unfortunately I didn't like the character of Hulk there. He was too mean for my taste. Thank you for your helpful answer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I think that scientist was the first person Hulk has killed deliberately .

He had it comin'.
    Thank your for your helpful answer !

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Yeah, that's the correct answer.

A lot of "capes" have a higher body count.
    Thank you for your helpful answer !

I think that's why there are sources saying that he never killed anyone. Thank you for your helpful answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    To answer your question, the vast majority of Hulk stories, he doesn't kill or cripple anybody.
    I'm happy to read that. Thank you for your helpful answer ! Can anyone recommend such a story to me? I would really appreciate that!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I have no Problem with that so far. Thank you for your answer!

That'd be the other indirect damage he causes on his rampages, which would increase the homeless population across the country several fold and make them more vulnerable to dying. All the while Hulk just doesn't care.
    That doesn't sound too good. Thank you for your answer!

Thank you all very much for your answers!!!!!

Can anyone recommend me a Hulk story in which he doesnt kill anyone ? Thanks a lot !
    Last edited by Zolos; 03-18-2020 at 05:42 AM.