Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    My job is retail/ grocery. I'm actually glad I even have a job that is not going to close down.
    I went to walmart tonight and there was a woman bitching that she had to work when they were out of everything. And it made me mad because at least she still had a job. And I told her so. She just blew me off.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Well, today I couldn't stay in. I don't have a car so I walked to my doctors appointment which is doable distance wise, luckily enough and after it I went to the Stop and Shop next door to get a couple of things. I tried to keep away from people as best I could and kept my gloves on. When I walked back home I heard some guy in his car say "What is she doing out when there is a virus going around?" I wanted to say just for the fun of it but didn't. I gave people some wide births in and out of the store but smiled and nodded so they didn't think I was singling them out as I know people can get nasty because of this thing.

Incredible Member

Hi, french here, actually confined as a lot of people, following the istructions to limit my interactions with the outside world and glad our president took that decision, hopefully it will help us limiting the number of deaths.
    It's a strange era but exceptional circumstances call for exceptional decisions.
    We now know firsthand how highly contagious COVID-19 is and how deadly it can be.
    Wish you the best, my friends!

State worker in a medical related field. I'm considered, "essential" & could even be deployed/mandated to 24/7 days if things go really, REALLY apocalyptic bad.

I can tell you that the moves being made behind the scenes for Worse Case Scenario is encouraging. However, I still wish I stocked up on ammo & other long term shelf life products.

I work retail/grocery.
    My mother has suggested I should consider quitting.

I'm reminded of the time, I think it was early March, when I went to the local supermarket and overheard two young employees talking about working and the Coronavirus. They weren't complaining, as much as the usual banter co-workers might do. More along the lines of, "are we at risk?'.

Now, when I go there, the store has taken as many precautions as it can to protect the workers and to remind the customers to keep distancing. I admire the workers sticking with it, and I wish them well.

Luckily for me, I can work from home.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Its hard for me gto social distance with my father. I have to help him out of his chair and to the shower. I have gloves that I wear when I do this and after his shower I take mine. That seems to be helping so far.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Incredible Member

Work at the post office as a carrier. USPS is considered a vital service so no chance of shutting down. Have to sanitize almost everything we touch every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Work at the post office as a carrier. USPS is considered a vital service so no chance of shutting down. Have to sanitize almost everything we touch every day.
    Hang in there brother. Hope when this is over you guys get treated a LOT better than before.

I work in a grocery/super market store. I haven't quit because I don't want to get fired.. I try my best to keep a distance but some people seem to forget. I don't want to hurt their sensibilities, but sometimes I remind them to keep the distance. Sigh. I like my job, but I also worry about the virus. My husband still have a job and he can support me, but this is my own $ you know? It feels good earn your own money.

Astonishing Member

We are all considered "essential" in the oil and gas energy sector. I normally do a lot of international travel but the bans around the world have hindered alot of operations. Its a struggle keeping track of what country is banning what who has got a quarantine and for how long. Getting people around with limited flights and quarantines to the rigs and drill ships.

So many are stressed to the absolute limit. Oil prices at these lows we all know layoffs and bankruptcies are coming. And for now we have to work. But, some have quit in frustration already.

I personally can work from home now as long as the local officials keep stay at home orders on the city and county the office will follow. But, I keep my "essential company letter" in the car in case i absolutely have to go to a local vendor we use. They are still manufacturing as essential also