Spectacular Member

Default Spawn (HBO) vs Dracula (Netflix)

Drac is at full power. So is Spawn, who has his standard issue guns. Win is by KO. They start 25 feet apart in Drac's castle.

Who wins?

BANNED

What could Dracula do?

Straight up beat the tar out of Spawn in a manner that makes what Violator and Overt-Kill did seem timid.

His major combat feats were performed while starving, during the course of which he survived:

• Being sliced by a longsword weilded by his son who has demonstrable superhuman strength and speed, parrying it by grabbing the blade by the tip
    • Concentrated direct stream of sustained magical fire, the source of which damages demon specifically and was enough to OSKO one of his vampire lieutenants in a previous scene
    • A direct hit from the Morning Star, a consecrated chain flail tailored specifically to be his weakness. When it strikes demons, it causes them to explode after one strike. Dracula withstood that, stood up, and kept fighting.

While he's not a bullet-timer, he is fast enough to catch a low-level speedster in prolonged hand-to-hand combat.

HBO Spawn's advantage lies in the guns, which he will fire for a few moments to no real effect. Should he apply the use of his chains next, he's basically challenging someone with superhuman strength - hard to gauge exactly, perhaps a generous class 5 - to a tug-of-war, or risk a the conjuration of a dark-magic fireball the size of a castle hallway he has no real counter for.

Does HBO Spawn have no magic?

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Does HBO Spawn have no magic?
    He does, but he was more conservative in using his powers than in the comics since he mostly dealt with human adversaries in the animated series. And unfortunately, his showings don't put him on a dying Drac's level.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    He does, but he was more conservative in using his powers than in the comics since he mostly dealt with human adversaries in the animated series. And unfortunately, his showings don't put him on a dying Drac's level.
    What kind of magic?

What kind of magic?
    Energy blasts(melted a reinforced steel door), teleportation(which came in two varieties, traditional or using shadows as a medium), shapeshifting, healing, illusions, and mindreading.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Energy blasts(melted a reinforced steel door), teleportation(which came in two varieties, traditional or using shadows as a medium), shapeshifting, healing, illusions, and mindreading.
    Wouldn't those help him here?

They'll help him not die as quickly.

Only in a game of Keep Away. His illusory and mindreading powers require physical contact to work, and Spawn isn't fast enough to tag him. His energy blasts aren't any more potent than what Sylpha was putting out in the final battle and Drac mostly ignored her. His strength and durability will keep him the game for awhile since he's tanked missile blasts and having a building collapse on him, but that's only prolonging it. If this was dying Drac, he would have more of a chance, but he's out of his depth against a full-powered Dracula.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 03-23-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Yeah, show Spawn dies.

Spawn's chain's did have pretty good reactions; They were able to hitmen and solidiers. Still, I remember anytime Spawn faced a superhuman threat that he basically lost. In the lastvseason he got handked pretty good by, I think it was Angela.

In fact, I'm not sure Spawn coukd win this if Dracula just stood still...

Wait wait, it just says Netflix Dracula, not Netflix Castlevania Dracula. Which one is it supposed to be?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Wait wait, it just says Netflix Dracula, not Netflix Castlevania Dracula. Which one is it supposed to be?
    It is in fact Netflix Castlevania Dracula.