Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Characters you like, but have no interest in reading

I’m talking about characters that currently have ongoing titles, TBC.

Daredevil is who made me think of this.
    I love the character, always have, but haven’t been interested in any version of his ongoing book in years.

None for marvel really. If I like a character I will at least give it a try.

There are several DC characters who I like, but whose books I won't buy since I've sort of given up buying DC after their they rebooted their universe for the millionth time.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Fantastic Four. No ones seems to be able to catch the magic that only a few runs have managed to get

I really like Ghost Rider. But I Havnt started reading his stuff.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Silver Surfer.
    "Cable was right!"

The Fantastic Four. I have never collected the title though I really like the characters. Eventually, I will end up buying runs as the original Kirby-Lee duo, Byrne and Hickman. But I won't be collecting new stories of them any time soon
    Last edited by Chubistian; 03-18-2020 at 07:50 AM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Extraordinary Member

Probably Iron Man? I don't know why, but none of his books have ever really managed to grab me and honestly, it seems kind of boring compared to other Marvel characters I'd rather read. I do really like the character, though, at least conceptually.

Ghost Rider, he is a cool concept but none of his runs had keep my interest.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Anyone created after 1975.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I’m talking about characters that currently have ongoing titles, TBC.

Daredevil is who made me think of this.
    I love the character, always have, but haven’t been interested in any version of his ongoing book in years.
    The thing with Daredevil is once you read Frank Miller's run...you're done. Daredevil is kind of a "one run" hero. You can toss She-Hulk into this bin too. You can keep reading after that but what comes next is going to be so much like the definitive run its kind of a waste of time imo. I'm not reading DD either but I'm going to guess that...

Matt Murdock is acting in a self-destructive fashion?
    A beautiful women has betrayed him?
    Daredevil wants to take the fight to the Kingpin but can't because he is untouchable...until he isn't.
    Secret Identity Shenanigans!
    Foggy being concerned.

Was I close

The opposite of this is a popular hero who hasn't had a defining run.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Thor. I like his movies but I find his comic boring.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Iron Man has been like that for me. I found Bendis's run frustrating and that was the last time I bought it. Haven't read Slott's run at all. I'm buying Slott's Fantastic Four but truthfully, I don't like his Fantastic Four either. So they sit unread. I may just give up the ghost on the title altogether, and this is something I bought going back to the Lee/Kirby days when my Dad would buy comics home for us to read

Moon Knight, Thor (originally didn't care for the character, but I enjoy his portrayal in recent movies, kind of the same opinion I have with the Guardians of the Galaxy.) Hulk is another hero that I like, but could never get into reading his adventures.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Incredible Member

Black Panther
    Daredevil
    Ghost Rider.

All perfectly fine characters who I don't mind reading aboutin a group setting but have never felt compelled to give their solo series a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    The thing with Daredevil is once you read Frank Miller's run...you're done. Daredevil is kind of a "one run" hero. You can toss She-Hulk into this bin too. You can keep reading after that but what comes next is going to be so much like the definitive run its kind of a waste of time imo. I'm not reading DD either but I'm going to guess that...

Matt Murdock is acting in a self-destructive fashion?
    A beautiful women has betrayed him?
    Daredevil wants to take the fight to the Kingpin but can't because he is untouchable...until he isn't.
    Secret Identity Shenanigans!
    Foggy being concerned.

Was I close

The opposite of this is a popular hero who hasn't had a defining run.
    Yeah you nailed it for me on DD.
    Especially the secret identity thing. It’s been overdone to the point of making me nauseous.