Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh yeah. If Like equals Don't Dislike, then Legion of Superheroes and Batman Beyond, because we already have so much to track in present-day I have no time to follow future stories.

And I definitely like Terry and Future Damian. They're sexy. I'm just not interested in future stories that I don't know gonna be canon or not.

Stories set in the past, I can still follow because of its history. Sometimes they can put fun Easter Egg in say... Jonah Hex or Demon Knights and that shows up in Batman... because it's usually Batman... or Flash. That thing I like.

But future stuff there's no reason for me to follow it... unless present-day character I'm following is transported to the future, like Jon Kent for example

I like Batman well enough, but I rarely read his solo books. I read Snyder and Tynion, and got a few trades of King, and that's probably the most Batman I've ever read and the longest I stuck with the character.

I like J'onn but have little interest in him as a solo act.

Most of the Titans, except Dick, Wally, and Vic, I'll read in a team setting but not as solo characters.

Jon Kent. I'll read Super Sons but Jon on his own holds almost no appeal for me. I might check out a 5G Jon-Superman book, maybe, if it looks really intriguing, but it'd have to be just the right hook.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I didn't mention this earlier in my last post, but I like Batman but don't like reading his books either.

Mainly because the Batman I like is but only a few versions of the character and those aren't the current trending versions.
    I prefer the Year One and '66 TV versions, both of which present a more human and vulnerable Batman. Much unlike his current incarnation.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Definitely Martian Manhunter. I've also never been much of a follower of Aquaman despite generally liking him. I think the concept of Suicide Squad is great, but I find I have zero interest in getting behind that property, especially recently, since it's been used as a vehicle to promote Harley Quinn. Speaking of Harley Quinn, I guess you can add her. She's a great character, especially when handled by Timm and Dini, but that's not the type of character I'd get into for solo adventures. There's also Guy Gardner. I think he works best as a foil, not a leading man.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 03-21-2020 at 02:13 PM.

I'll also have to add most Batman villains. Yes they're iconic but holy hell have a lot of their stories been stinkers.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Cyborg. I love the character, but any story I've read over the last 20 years highlighting him has been pretty average.
    The last story I read that I enjoyed was the Flash: Our Worlds At War special.
    I avoided the New 52 and Rebirth stuff like the plague.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

BANNED

I’m honestly surprised at a lot of answers.

Then again I’d probably say Flash. I like Flash a lot of his media appearances and the concept behind the character though admittedly I opted out of the show and comics pretty early on. I feel like the writing for both is just lazy, and the only pull the writers go for in the show atleast is drama while the comics just are for people who want battle feats. I got tired of almost every villain being a speedster and the constant theme of Barry having to get faster than before.

Wonder Woman I could opt in on an arc depending on what’s going on. But I typically don’t stay too long depending on what follows or happens after. I like the Greek myth stuff big sucker on that stuff so when solicits mention Zeus, Hercules, Poseidon who ever I easily jump in.That honestly is where my interest lies in the character I like the idea she’s connected to Greco-Roman myths I don’t need to see historical Gods all the time but I love that premise which I’d honestly like to see it being used in Aquaman more and Shazam.

Superman, simply I care more about reading about Superman than his supporting cast. I don’t mind a story focusing on Olsen, Lois, Luthor, or Jon here and then but Superman is the titular character and I feel like that goes for a lot of characters with their name on the title of the book.

To be super honest, my main interest in DC comics has always been Superman. I really enjoy reading his best adventures, and I also enjoy reading stories of him interacting with other characters (Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, JL, Lex Luthor, villains, etc).

The only other DC character I have real curiosity to read is Aquaman, but that's a very recent thing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    The only other DC character I have real curiosity to read is Aquaman, but that's a very recent thing.
    I love heroes who have a big rich world / mythology around them, and Aquaman is one of those rare characters I like *more* as a solo act, than as part of a team, since I get see more of Atlantis and his undersea environment (and supporting cast) when it's his own book, than when he's part of the League.

The same, to a lesser extent, counts for Wonder Woman, Hawkman, the Green Lanterns, etc. Even Batman and Superman are, to me, richer in their 'native environments' of Gotham or Metropolis, surrounded by trappings like the Batcave and Commisioner Gordon, or the Daily Planet and Lois, that don't get to show up as much in a Justice League story, let alone other stuff like Oa, or Thanagarians, or Themiscrya.

And so, contrarily, I like team books, but team books made up of characters who generally *don't* have as well fleshed out or richly developed supporting casts or iconic / mythic locales and set-pieces baked in to them.