Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The Metal Men.

I enjoyed them a little in The Brave and Bold Batman Teamups I have read. I thought they are kind of neat and I was slightly amused by them. But I never had an interest in reading out of their solo stuff.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

The Superman family; I have no desire to read a Supergirl, Superwoman, Lois, or Jimmy story.

Count me as another one that prefers teams.

I have very little interest in solo books.

Which is probably why I wish there were more team books.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magik Man View Post
    Superman is another. Ouch! I enjoy the various interpretations in limited stories (All-Star Superman, Red Son) more than his actual ongoing. Bummer!
    Ooh, that's true for me, too. I love AU versions of Superman, it seems, more than the actual man himself!

That's true of a fair number of characters, actually, from both DC and Marvel. Bigger names, mostly, like Superman and Spider-Man, who have some really neat 'What Ifs' or 'Elseworlds' variations and expies.

Yup Wonder Woman for me here as well. I love her in the team books, or even along side other characters, but her world and supporting cast in her own book does nothing to hold my interest.

I have to say, as a Wonder Woman fan, it's kind of depressing how many people seem to like or appreciate the character but prefer her in team books and crossovers.

I get it. Her book is notoriously inconsistent and the good runs tend to be brief. But for my money I think some of the worst and most embarrassing/off base portrayals of Diana are found in team books.

Seriously, Justice League has NEVER been kind to Diana...although I hear the current run of JL Dark is the exception.

Nightwing. His books never held my interest (although the best Scarecrow story ever was in a Nightwing comic). I'd rather read Catwoman to be honest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I have to say, as a Wonder Woman fan, it's kind of depressing how many people seem to like or appreciate the character but prefer her in team books and crossovers.

I get it. Her book is notoriously inconsistent and the good runs tend to be brief. But for my money I think some of the worst and most embarrassing/off base portrayals of Diana are found in team books.

Seriously, Justice League has NEVER been kind to Diana...although I hear the current run of JL Dark is the exception.
    I've found that what tends to make people big fans of characters are simply good runs, and Wonder Woman, for all her years of existence, has very few of those to her name. She's also one of those characters who people have quite opposing views on what she is supposed to be like, so you don't see a lot of stability and consistency in the portrayal of her, her world, and the characters around her. Though, in some instances, you see too much consistency, like a sam-y Ares story over and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Count me as another one that prefers teams.

I have very little interest in solo books.

Which is probably why I wish there were more team books.
    I completely agree and not just Justice League: Whatever but original teams too.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Count me as another person who likes Wonder Woman in team books but always has had trouble getting interested in any of her solo stories or books. Same with Aquaman.

I would be interested in a Vixen book and a Fire & Ice book when it comes to female characters with books of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

Yeah, most modern Justice League stories to me reduce Wonder Woman too much to angry warrior. Biggest offender was the DCAU.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I frankly don't understand the concept of liking a character, but not to the point of reading his/her stories in solo form. The only thing that has ever held me back in regard to purchasing a solo book from a character I enjoyed in my lifetime was lack of funds and nothing more.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I frankly don't understand the concept of liking a character, but not to the point of reading his/her stories in solo form. The only thing that has ever held me back in regard to purchasing a solo book from a character I enjoyed in my lifetime was lack of funds and nothing more.
    If you don’t understand it, I don’t think I can explain it.

Besides Bruce, mostly not interested in the rest of the Bat-Family outside of Dick, Damian, and Barbara.

Barbara Gordan, Ted Kord, Superman and pretty much all his extended cast (Jon is cool tho, I'd pick up something for Jon), Kyle Rayner, Donna Troy, Roy Harper, Tim Drake, and Zatanna off the top of my head but there are probably more; Bruce Wayne is getting close but he's not quite there yet
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 03-21-2020 at 10:43 AM. Reason: "I fuck with Jon" sounds weird
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."