Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    All I know is I just can’t get over they deaged Shogo in this thing. He was not this young in Gen X.
    Oh, it happened before this. He was deaged in that Christmas special "advent comic" thing. But you're right that he did seem a few months older in Generation X vol. 2.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Nice. Maybe we can call Rictor...Britor?
    Why not? Let's go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    You guys are awesome. JuBritlee? Brigue? Ack!
    JuBritlee has potential. But I'm also thinking about Brogue.

Astonishing Member

...Brogue is better, it’s a nod to strong accents
    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Pretty sure she didnt even want Betsy. That was editorailly mandated. Don't hate on the Braddocks just because Gambit is written awful.
    Gambit was alright in this issue, didn’t do much but light the fire, (jubilee was the only one who did anything) but no one was tricking him or mocking his sensible view points.

Still some things were head scratcher, Megan freaking out, Betsy wondering why the starlight citadel is hidden from her, um probably cause you’re helping apocalypse invade Otherworld...

Someone mentioned that this book was the superior Spider-Man problem, everyone else has to be doofuses so apocalypse can look cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    You guys are awesome. JuBritlee? Brigue? Ack!
    If Apocalypse had a British alias would it be United Kingdom Top?

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Rachel and Betsy would be weird but it would be fun and powerful.
    Yes, it owuld be better. But it won't happen for now

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    ...Brogue is better, it’s a nod to strong accents

Gambit was alright in this issue, didn’t do much but light the fire, (jubilee was the only one who did anything) but no one was tricking him or mocking his sensible view points.

Still some things were head scratcher, Megan freaking out, Betsy wondering why the starlight citadel is hidden from her, um probably cause you’re helping apocalypse invade Otherworld...

Someone mentioned that this book was the superior Spider-Man problem, everyone else has to be doofuses so apocalypse can look cool.
    This i spretty much my problem with this book, everyone acts dumb except Apocalypse

Mighty Member

Sorry, this book isn’t getting better at all. I feel like they keep doing the same thing every issue. They go to Otherworld. Shogo turns into a dragon. Jubilee rides him. People attack Shogo. Betsy and crew sit around and talk. Calm Akkaba complain and plot in robes.

Everything is disjointed still.

Things I like: Brian looking for the Sword of Might. Meggan working with Wisdom (even though she acted like a scared child and Wisdom was just hanging around literally right outside where they were gathered?!) Jubilee’s once every 10 years using her powers in the fullest.

This has me scared for X of Swords.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    you deserve a medal

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Ahhhhh!!!!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

JuBritlee, Brictor, GamBrit & Brogue look bloody fabulous. Guess Saturnyne needs to replenish the Captain Britain Corps. Lets get Elsa Bloodstone & Faiza Hussain in on this please and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    This issue advanced pretty much all plot lines, the scrying spell is an interesting vision since Apocalypses eyes are a sun and moon, going back to what Rogue did in issue 5, Betsy was the middle so she was the focus.
    It was really nice to see all the pieces coming together. And actual mutant magic in practice, with the grimoire pages actually of relevance now. Its unclear whether all mutants are capable of these feats, or if it has more to do with their symbols of power and such.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I love that Tini is still incorporating Meggan and Pete into stories I just wish she'd stop pushing Pete/Betsy .. and maybe push more Meggan kicking ass pls. Pete saying "you're so good at being a spy" sounds patronizing af like as if the good sis wasn't a founding member of a super hero team....the stay at home mom shtick is a new development sir...
    It absolutely makes sense for Meggan & Pete Wisdom to be players in this narrative, but I do wish Meggan didn't come across as so naive/incompetent/inexperienced, and I rolled my eyes hard at another hint of a Betsy/Wisdom romance.

dark broody Brian??? here for it. signed all the way up. the DRAMA of his trench-coat, the jet black car, girl I live
    Moody dramatic Brian is *chefs kiss*. Is his desire for the Sword of Might really that great? Is he essentially an addict? This has to be an important plot-line unfolding given we're approaching the X of Swords. Lemme get my Captain Britains slaying

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    Rictor, Rogue and Gambit feels hella out of place in this book. This book is better off adding mutants with some magic background like Pixie and Magik. Aside from that, Archangel and Fantomex are the only one crazy enough follow Betsy enough in this journey. It would be interesting to see Archangel engage the original horsemen of Apocalypse granted he was suppose to be the heir apparent. The writer have good concepts just problems with execution often making the cast act out of character.
    It does feel like this book would almost be stronger with a cast that is more synergistic with the premise. Archangel, for his ties to both Betsy & Apocalypse. Blink and/or Chamber, who are supposedly descendants of Apocalypse. Pixie, who has access to magical abilities. Banshee or Sunfire, both of which have been Horseman in the past. Siryn, who was temporarily a mythological death goddess. Fantomex. Characters that make sense under Excalibur branding and/or following Betsy y'know?

How did Jubilee hurl herself(?) through the air for that super ultra PAF?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Oh, it happened before this. He was deaged in that Christmas special "advent comic" thing. But you're right that he did seem a few months older in Generation X vol. 2.
    I miss and unexpectedly loved that volume.

I love this issue . Good jubilee

I agree with those who think this cast doesn't match the tone of the book, Gambit, Rogue, Jubilee and Rictor seem to be quite out of place (some more than others, it's painful to read Tini's Gambit).

In my opinion the cast should have been Apocalypse, Betsy, Brian, Meggan, Pete Wisdom and Warren or another close friend of Betsy to act as some sort of confidant.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    I agree with those who think this cast doesn't match the tone of the book, Gambit, Rogue, Jubilee and Rictor seem to be quite out of place (some more than others, it's painful to read Tini's Gambit).

In my opinion the cast should have been Apocalypse, Betsy, Brian, Meggan, Pete Wisdom and Warren or another close friend of Betsy to act as some sort of confidant.
    I find it so hard to agree with because then I wouldn't be reading this book at all. I'm picking it up just because of Jubilee, Rogue and Gambit. The X-Men franchise has gotten so big and complicated to me that all I can seem to do is follow characters from book to book. (and I know people will say to follow writers and artists instead, but I seem to be particularly bad at keeping track of them too. I don't know who half of the current creators working in comics are). Though, I guess it would be nice if they were written better somewhere else. So, I guess maybe it would be nice if Rogue, Gambit and Jubes were written better elsewhere. So, yes, Excalibur may be better off with a different cast provided I could read about my faves elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Two teams: Apocalypse builds his multiversal conquest coven, and Captain Betsy's crosstime dive team of Dark Angel, Neal Shaara, Gatecrasher and Death's Head. Captain Brian is the UK's ambassador to Krakoa, and Meggan is an Omega.

I kind of feel like Apocalype should have had his own title along with Exodus.

To focus on the Arrako and Krakoa stuff from his perspective.

I'm sorry I just don't think Tini Howard is that great of a writer 8 issues in.

Mike Carey or Tom Taylor would have been awesome.

Actually specifically Mike Carey. But he was too busy to do any X-Titles.