Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Excalibur [09]: Schools of Magic SPOILERS

Saturnyne and the Starlight Citadel are hidden since the war with Morgan La Fey. (FYI is way more powerful than shown in this series)

The arc we got last about the Warwolves were so that Apocalypse can do a ritual that would allow the team to get to the Starlight Citadel.

Clan Akkaba is preparing to attack Excalibur and otherworld. They sacrifice a member to get powers back?

Brian comes to the lighthouse to maybe look for the sword? Betsy calls him but he vanishes. Don't they have a psychic twin link. They should always know where the other is I feel like this is canon.

Meggan helps Pete Wisdom spy on Clan Akkaba but she runs out after the sacrifice. Meggan is innocent but she is WAY tougher than this scene portrayed.

She tells Pete that the clan didnt mention his girl. Betsy.

Betsy belongs to NO MAN. Let's get that shiet straight right now. Wisdom is not good enough for her.

The team arrives at Starlight Citadel.

Saturnyne is not please.

She sends her students to attack. Weird harmonic singing angel powers.

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 8.42.56 AM.jpg

They shoot down dragon Shogo. Jubilee get mama bear and goes firework nuclear on the group that attacked Shogo.

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 8.43.23 AM.jpg

The team looks shocked.

So things you should know:

Captain Britain is confused as to why the Starlight Citedel would be hidden to her because it was a main hub for the Captain Britain Corps.

Gambit fans are gonna hate this issue. She really doesnt know how to write Gambit.

Marcos To on art was comforting.

Rogue has that uniform from the first issue back.

Clan Akkaba is planning to provoke Jamie Braddock into doing something crazy.

Everyone has better costumes than Betsy. Except Rogue.

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 8.43.48 AM.jpg
    Last edited by CGAR; 03-18-2020 at 08:46 AM.

This issue is much better, easy to understand what is happening. it really made me want to read next issue

of course the Opal thinks mutants are the bad ones because of apocalypse.

BANNED

this issue advanced pretty much all plot lines, the scrying spell is an interesting vision since apocalypse eyes are a sun and a moon, going back to what rogue did in issue 5, betsy was the middle so she was the focus.
    Akkaba now resorting to sacrificial magic and saturdyne blames whatever corruption apocalypse detected on his vivisication, wich is probably connected to arrako

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    This issue is much better, easy to understand what is happening. it really made me want to read next issue

of course the Opal thinks mutants are the bad ones because of apocalypse.
    the thing is apocalypse seems to agree whatever morgan was doing needed to be destroyed since he uncovered it on his ... exploration

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the thing is apocalypse seems to agree whatever morgan was doing needed to be destroyed since he uncovered it on his ... exploration
    And he is also wrong, as he also doesn't has any bussiness there

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    And he is also wrong, as he also doesn't has any bussiness there
    otherworld created a portal from the realm TO krakoa, and whatever is happening in arrako has a conection to otherworld

Nah, Excalibur is lame again. Liu`s Gambit from that Frozen AXM arc would be digusted by that Excalibur Gambit.

If Tini wants to write so much about Braddocks and other stuff that are not her team then she must put that Braddocks and others on cover instead of her real team to try sell books.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 03-18-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Pretty sure she didnt even want Betsy. That was editorailly mandated. Don't hate on the Braddocks just because Gambit is written awful.

I liked this issue! I could understand stuff and the plot about the Citadel is interesting.

BANNED

its nice to see an actual spell with the rules established in previous issues

I only read this because I know it's going to be important later.

It is what it is.

It's no Hickman thats for sure.

BANNED

it certaintly fells like an improvement to some structural problems from before at the very least, its obvious editorial is tighter on this since ya know x of swords.
    I enjoyed it, jubilee was impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    its nice to see an actual spell with the rules established in previous issues
    So... do you think they did an actual spell or the heads are channeling their innate mutant energy to keep the Lighthouse going? Because I'd like to see them learning stuff from the grimoire and practicing spells, but probably we'll just see them channeling the mutant magic through artifacts.

Honestly just put Percy on Excalibur. Or Mike Careay. I dont even like half of his X-Force cast but I enjoy his series more than a series where I actually like characters on this team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    So... do you think they did an actual spell or the heads are channeling their innate mutant energy to keep the Lighthouse going? Because I'd like to see them learning stuff from the grimoire and practicing spells, but probably we'll just see them channeling the mutant magic through artifacts.
    the lighthouse channels the power from the gate bellow and focuses it on its top.
    the quincux alignment was explained that it needs a focus in the middle, this case betsy to channel the warskulls into the spell, then the lighthouse feeds it energy to maintain it , all the symbolism and specifics check out wich makes sense considering the characthers themselves were given the grimoire 2 issues ago