Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Quarantine: What Marvel Titles Will You Re-Read?

If you're under quarantine, what titles will you go back and re-read?

For me:

Ed Brubakers' Captain America: Winter Soldier
    Marvel Team-Up: #57-#86
    Hickmans' FF
    Avengers Bride of Ultron

Claremont's X-men run, of course… It would keep me busy with all these bubbles heavy with text.

“Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Ed Brubakers Cap run
    Planet Hulk/World War Hulk

I’m feeling very 2000s at the minute

I've already re-read Infinity War, and I read Avengers Forever for the first time as well.

-Pav, who ordered the new Uncanny X-Force omnibus...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Mighty Member

I am reading what I actually got at the comic store this week.

Then, I would be sorting my collection for stuff that I have not yet read.

all these bubbles heavy with text.
    I would rather get the damned plague.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I have pretty detailed reading lists that have been ongoing. A lot of time, they're related to movies. Ironically, my current two reading lists are essentially moot. I've been reading various Black Widow stories in honor of that movie and I've been essentially been doing a complete Claremont X-Men and X-adjacent reading list (that includes books like Ms. Marvel, Spider-Woman, the New Defenders, and Dazzler) through the Demon Bear Saga for New Mutants. I might as well just finish them, but I could table them if I wanted to.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Luckily I went on a mini Omnibus buying spree,

Waids DD
    Bendis DD
    Atlantis Attacks (Old School)

For Marvel Unlimited
    I plan on reading the Immortal Hulk, Black Panther and Slotts F4.

My go-to whenever I'm feeling down is Mark Waid's Captain America: Man Out of Time. I love the optimism in it and the progress of someone (Steve) going through significant trauma but showcasing not so much the trauma, itself, but rather the recovery process. It's feel good and heartwarming. It never fails to cheer me up.

I have stated on other threads that I have started back at the beginning. This is a great time to get a lot of reading done
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

I re-read Slott's Spider-Island.

I am far from a fan of Slott's work, but Spider-Island was always among his better stuff. That happens to be the only Marvel story published in the last ten years that deals with a city-wide epidemic. Jameson in particular comes across as a surprisingly great mayor, far better than a lot of officials in charge now.

Of course a city-wide epidemic is not the same as a pandemic. And Slott's story is driven by the gimmick of everyone in New York getting spider-powers and the virus is a vehicle to do that, as opposed to actually dealing with the plague and its effects on the healthcare system. That's something that the Spider-Man PS4 game touched on far more capably and decisively.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Byrne's FF. Simonson's Thor.

But I'm also planning to read for the very first time more recent series like Annihilation.

Annihilation and Supreme Power

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I re-read Slott's Spider-Island.

I am far from a fan of Slott's work, but Spider-Island was always among his better stuff. That happens to be the only Marvel story published in the last ten years that deals with a city-wide epidemic. Jameson in particular comes across as a surprisingly great mayor, far better than a lot of officials in charge now.

Of course a city-wide epidemic is not the same as a pandemic. And Slott's story is driven by the gimmick of everyone in New York getting spider-powers and the virus is a vehicle to do that, as opposed to actually dealing with the plague and its effects on the healthcare system. That's something that the Spider-Man PS4 game touched on far more capably and decisively.
    You really want to read this kind of stuff during a pandemic?
    I wouldn't.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    You really want to read this kind of stuff during a pandemic?
    I wouldn't.
    Why do you think Contagion by Steven Soderbergh is in top rentals list this month. As well as Camus' The Plague. People in times like crisis do turn to art in times like this, especially since this epidemic forces everyone indoors.

Spider-Island is the only Marvel story that imagines a city-wide epidemic so in superhero stories, it has a value.

I have decided to put a hold on reading from the beginning for right now. I am really enjoying it but I have decided to read The Ultimate Line. I am also reverting back to childhood. My mom got me a DC coloring book and some crayons and colored pencils. It is pretty cool. It has pictures of a lot of covers to color and splash pages of heroes. The best thing about it is it had full colored reprints of covers from many points in DC history so I was able to cut them out and hang them on my wall.
    Last edited by babyblob; 03-20-2020 at 05:27 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.