Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X-Force #9 (spoilers)

couldn't find a discussion thread for the issue as a whole outside the glorious tiki bar panel so I guess ill throw it together

Basically we open with a fun howlett family reunion in the middle of the aforementioned tiki party - Logan, Gabby and Daken spinning a bottle to see who has to stab themselves in the head. Jean thinks this is morbid and telepathically tells Logan he should try doing something "nice" w/ his family but he's all "this is nice" and he's not wrong, they're having fun

Jean confides in Scott that she feels x-force is skewing her moral standards

Domino chats up sage, apparently she's resurrected w/ no memory of the skin-harvesting situation. sage questions why, seeing as domino water to remember, but Dom shuts her down - "she's happy with it so whatever" type deal

Black Tom feels consumed by Krakow and has a bit of a freak out, gets in a fight with Gorgeous George, theres scuffle, Sage kicks George in the face (atta girl) and Logan and Co. pile on him because "a family that stays together slays together" . god I wish Laura were here

beast breaks up the party to send Dom, Logan and QQ to Terra Verde where things have gone very pear-shaped, telefloronics "invaded" the president's place and most surrounding communities. Beast is unable to take accountability. Theres some super cool data pages connecting the telefloronics to Terra Verdean mythology. The gang heads out to a temple that appears to be the "home base" of the telefloronics

QQ and Domino start questioning why Beast didn't involve Sage and Jean, Dom says something feels off with the mission and the team as a whole. they go into the temple, meanwhile beast enlists an increasingly scattered Black Tom fr backup while we see QQ running out of the temple declaring that the telefloronics are part of an angry god or something

This was a great issue, lots if fun while still developing interesting storylines like beast's continued assholery and Domino's trauma. The tiki sequence was a gift from the heavens that I feel unworthy of. Amazing showcase of Cassara's art, the plant stuff is so beautifully grotesque and he captured pretty much every character in the sprawling sequence in a fun, effective way....A+

feel free to add anything I might've missed cuz lord knows there was a lottt going on

Remember when Logan fought Cyclops because the kids were sent to battle Sentinels? Schism and all that.

Now Logan plays russian roulette with them. Nice!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I like Jean questioning her role on X-force, it is not a bad role just something different for her.

Thanks for the review! Beast is being shady and I kinda live for it.

Black Tom is gonna have a mental breakdown soon and we're not ready.

And agreed, the art was outstanding. All of the plant-life work was incredible. Very much looking forward to what's happening next!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Did Colossus not keep his promise?

Amazing issue. One of my favorite so far. Percy's writing is great. Cassara's art is Art with capital A. Sure, if you like "pretty and cute" this book is not for you. But damn, this art is so amazing. Maybe it's just me (I'm more attracted to creative and special art than pretty drawing). I mean will always prefer a Frank Quitely over a Jim Lee. I'm surely in the minority here. Also, I don't want to forget Dean White's colors. Here again, it's so special to me. I'm totally in love with this book.

Anyway, maybe someone here can help me own this one : is there an actually X-Force issue featuring Cassara's art on its cover? I mean, all the time I see the artists doing X-Force covers. Which is a bit sad as Cassara is wonderful.

Joshua Cassara... he's an icon, he's a legend and he is the moment

Thanks for doing a review!

X-Force is always a great read. This issue laid out a lot of stuff.

Jean is worried about X-Force, Black Tom has lost it and Beats is probably going to have him merge with Terra Verde and that's going to backfire so bad, and Colossus lied about Domino wanting her memories erased????? Neena is going to be mad.

And, most importantly, Black Tom was dreaming of Cain's giant, turgid... Something?? Tell me more, Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    It was him or Charles

That or Xavier just said **** you.

Mighty Member

The art is fantastic! Best of all the X-titles. The story is also good.

With X-Men had the same artist as X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It was him or Charles
    my money's on piotr

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Thanks for doing a review!

X-Force is always a great read. This issue laid out a lot of stuff.

Jean is worried about X-Force, Black Tom has lost it and Beats is probably going to have him merge with Terra Verde and that's going to backfire so bad, and Colossus lied about Domino wanting her memories erased????? Neena is going to be mad.

And, most importantly, Black Tom was dreaming of Cain's giant, turgid... Something?? Tell me more, Tom.
    when you lay it out like that this issue really did cover so much ground. holy cow
    I think he was talking abut his giant turgid helmet unless Juggs' mini is gonna be more x-rated than we expected..

I just re-read the panel and I'm on the floor. Ha!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

The whole thing with Terra Verde and it's hostilities is really a good read and it also resembles some features from Krakoa, therefore, it will be interesting to see where Black Tom ends up in the next issue. I want more.
    Last edited by Vishop; 03-18-2020 at 10:55 AM.

Dreaming and drooling...

Black Tom.jpg

Last time I personally drooled like this was because of a turgid thing too. But I won't jump on any conclusion. Especially as later, Black Tom tells to Beast he was having a nightmare.
    Last edited by franckd; 03-18-2020 at 10:56 AM.