Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    So that's the current X-version of the death penalty? Becoming emergency rations for the island?
    Eh, nothing concrete’s been said to that effect, but that’s my extrapolation, from what I know of Krakoa.

And Creed’s worth.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Their death penalty is to be put on stasis until further notice since they canīt truly die anymore because then they would become part of the resurrection protocols and on Krakoaīs defense the Island wanted to forgive Creed so I donīt really think it wanted to eat him.

Selene and other mutants with life energy absorbing powers are feeding the island it seems thatīs part of their work now.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-21-2020 at 10:51 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Their death penalty is to be put on stasis until further notice since they canīt truly die anymore because then they would become part of the resurrection protocols and on Krakoaīs defense the Island wanted to forgive Creed so I donīt really think it wanted to eat him.

Selene and other mutants with life energy absorbing powers are feeding the island it seems thatīs part of their work now.
    As someone who enjoys but also recognizes that there is a darkness to Krakoa - despite my empathy for the mutant people and everything we have witnessed them suffer through and my hope that it ends up being a lasting thing and a new status quo well into the future - I can say that I would not be surprised to learn that Krakoa IS feeding on Creed. He’s got a powerful regenerative capability after all, and Krakoa could easily draw more deeply from him without doing lasting harm. But that’s my human brain scheming, and Krakoa MAY literally just have him in a stasis crystal somewhere deep within itself, safe and unharmed and asleep.

But...I mean...it’s Creed. There’s literally no bottom floor when it comes to things he deserves to have done to him for all the horror and terror and agony he’s inflicted over his long life. And not for any overall goal like Apocalypse or even Selene or Sinister. They all have committed HORRIBLE acts in their pasts, but they have always a REASON, a cause or purpose or belief that drove them to commit these deeds, and they operate within a recognizable set of rules that they set (for themselves...). A motive, whatever you think of that motive.

Creed has no ethos, no cause or purpose or belief. Creed just...likes hurting things. Animals, people, aliens, sentient androids, sentient trees...if it can feel pain or fear, Creed WANTS to make it feel those things...just because. If anyone deserves to be an eternal snack cake for a sentient landmass, it’s him.
    Last edited by zinderel; 03-21-2020 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Even if you're only being eaten "a little" YOU'RE STILL BEING EATEN. The idea that "every mutant" would be perfectly content with that is outright LAUGHABLE. It's either more hamfisting of this status quo to force the plot to work, or every single mutant on Krakoa has suddenly shed about 100 IQ points (or is being outright brainwashed) to accept it.
    Sure when you explain like that with word "eat" it sound horrible but when you explain it as simply every mutant gives a small "blood transfusion" to Krakoa so it does not drain the all blood out of one mutant. It is not that hard of sell you know in real life humans donate a part of them that can replenish so that complete strangers have a chance to live for free. You really think saying "that living island that you are on needs to painless take a small transfusion from you so that you can live on Paradise is hard sell?"

Guys, you have millions of bacteria in your digestive tract feeding on you right now and helping you digest food.

Krakoa is psionically doing the same. If you need 2 mutants over a whole year, the equivalent if you spread it over the thousands of mutants living there is ridiculously low.

And in return Krakoa gives them homes, unlimited food, access to instant transportation, the ability to produce miraculous medicines, and helps protect them.

Where can I sign?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Guys, you have millions of bacteria in your digestive tract feeding on you right now and helping you digest food.

Krakoa is psionically doing the same. If you need 2 mutants over a whole year, the equivalent if you spread it over the thousands of mutants living there is ridiculously low.

And in return Krakoa gives them homes, unlimited food, access to instant transportation, the ability to produce miraculous medicines, and helps protect them.

Where can I sign?
    I'd sign for everything. Even the Crucible if they resurrect me a bit taller than I am.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Plus, I would wager that Sabretooth is fulfilling a good chunk of that energy drain right now in his prison within the island’s ‘core’. And I’m fine with that. Creed is actually potentially serving a purpose and reducing the drain on his fellow mutants instead of just killing and raping and cannibalizing whoever he wants to, whenever he feels like it...
    It depends on how Krakoa feeds, but yeah, a regenerator like Creed (or Logan, Daken, Laura, Gabby, Deadpool, etc.) could be an endless food source for Krakoa (or someone like Selene or Template). Sinister's made clones of him before, just whip up a dozen of them, don't bother downloading minds into them at all (since they don't need to *think*) and toss them into Krakky's sarlacc pit, to be slowly digested over the next thousand years. (Then again, that sort of thing might make Krakoa think, 'And now I don't need all of you parasites infesting my lovely island-self, you can leave now...')

But perhaps Krakoa requires something more than just a constantly healing body to feed, but something more psychic / supernatural / life-force-y in nature to sustain itself, and mindless/soulless clones wouldn't be nourishing (or tasty) to it? Who knows.

I’m so tired of beast’s sh!t
    All those years of giving cyclops shit and slowly turning the x-men against him and look what he’s doing now.
    Beast should go on trial for his sins

Astonishing Member

Where can I sign?
    Precisely. And you have Selene and Emplate monitoring the island to make sure it doesn't over indulge itself.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    I’m so tired of beast’s sh!t
    All those years of giving cyclops shit and slowly turning the x-men against him and look what he’s doing now.
    Beast should go on trial for his sins
    He has already had a trial and was sentenced to the worst possible fate.

Uncanny Inhumans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Precisely. And you have Selene and Emplate monitoring the island to make sure it doesn't over indulge itself.
    That you're saying that without any trace of irony whatsoever does NOT make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    That you're saying that without any trace of irony whatsoever does NOT make it better.
    well there's also...
    Doug
    Mondo
    Sage
    and more
    of that ilk
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Where can I sign?
    its basically how we should act with nature, we take and we give in balance, sign me up as well

If Krakoa gets a feast, all the telepaths will notice, as seen in X-Men 2.

Emplate and Selene are simply able to detect more subtle changes.

BANNED

Where can I sign?
    There's a HUGE difference. The bacteria normally living in our digestive tract and helping to break down the food we eat are SUPPOSED TO BE THERE. They and we have evolved in a symbiotic relationship.

Krakoa is NOT an ordinary digestive bacteria. It's a PARASITE. A continent-sized HOOKWORM.