Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    She isn't dreaming, and you didn't post the whole sequence, and it seems like you omitted the first page to obscure that it started with "THEN," indicating that it is a flashback. There's literally nothing in the issue to indicate that was a dream at all.
    Attachment 94695
    I can't wait to see the mental gymnastics he tries to use on that one.

BANNED

Ok Fair Enough

Though Liu clearly mentioned that there was a lot of difference between how he sees Jubilee and Laura.

Heck, he was not even in character whatever Yost and Liu did during the entire X-Force or X-23 run.

It was superficial to believe how he treated Laura because there are tons of other characters like Jubilee, Kitty or even Rina Logan to back up how he treated them with care.

Friendly reminder to not post a whole load of pages from one comic, max is three pages.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Ultimate Member

Beast just sort of casually info-dumps that Krakoa eats two mutants per year to sustain itself. That's new to me...

Which two?

If I was Krakoa, I'd pick two that were competing with me for that sweet, sweet life-force, Selene and Emplate. Gank those two, and the line at the buffet is all Krakoa, no waiting!

I would *not* pick one of the ever-lasting gobstoppers of Wolverine, Daken, Laura, Sabertooth, Gabby, etc. If it don't die, but can go on being tasty *forever,* it can stay... forever.

On the other hand, I might pick two from among those who leave the island the most, and deny me their precious tastiness. Welcome back Captain Britain. And now you are never going to leave me again! Snarf!

Or perhaps those whose powers are most personally intrusive to me, personally, like Black Tom, Cypher, Mondo or Nature Girl, any of whom might be able to 'hack Krakoa' (or, conversely, be 'hacked' *by* Krakoa...)?

Or just Polaris, 'cause bitch shot me into space that one time...

And if I were the Richards family, and found out the mutant community attempting to recruit my son wants him in a place that has a non-zero chance of *eating him* to sustain their party island? Yeah. No.

I wonder if a mutant can *volunteer* to be one of the annual sacrifices? Icarus kind of hates being a mutant anyway, and might not want to be alive again. Rahne might not even think this current life is anything more than an amusing diversion, and that her actual soul is long gone to heaven, and just be putting on a brave face for her friends, since she knows *they* are happy she's alive (and she loves them and doesn't want to rain on their parade)...

I wonder how many mutants on the island even *know* about this? Just because the Beast knows about it, doesn't mean that everyone down to jobbers like Forearm and Gorgeous George do...

Random other thought; 'Make more mutants.' I wonder if those retrovirals are part of this plan, and, unbeknownst to most, anyone taking them is getting a cure for what ails them, as advertised, and a sneaky little X-gene spiced into their ACGT sequence somewhere. Maybe they won't personally turn into a mutant all at once, but their kids, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Beast just sort of casually info-dumps that Krakoa eats two mutants per year to sustain itself. That's new to me...

Which two?

If I was Krakoa, I'd pick two that were competing with me for that sweet, sweet life-force, Selene and Emplate. Gank those two, and the line at the buffet is all Krakoa, no waiting!

I would *not* pick one of the ever-lasting gobstoppers of Wolverine, Daken, Laura, Sabertooth, Gabby, etc. If it don't die, but can go on being tasty *forever,* it can stay... forever.

On the other hand, I might pick two from among those who leave the island the most, and deny me their precious tastiness. Welcome back Captain Britain. And now you are never going to leave me again! Snarf!

Or perhaps those whose powers are most personally intrusive to me, personally, like Black Tom, Cypher, Mondo or Nature Girl, any of whom might be able to 'hack Krakoa' (or, conversely, be 'hacked' *by* Krakoa...)?

And if I were the Richards family, and found out the mutant community attempting to recruit my son wants him in a place that has a non-zero chance of *eating him* to sustain their party island? Yeah. No.

I wonder if a mutant can *volunteer* to be one of the annual sacrifices? Icarus kind of hates being a mutant anyway, and might not want to be alive again. Rahne might not even think this current life is anything more than an amusing diversion, and that her actual soul is long gone to heaven, and just be putting on a brave face for her friends, since she knows *they* are happy she's alive (and she loves them and doesn't want to rain on their parade)...

I wonder how many mutants on the island even *know* about this? Just because the Beast knows about it, doesn't mean that everyone down to jobbers like Forearm and Gorgeous George do...

Random other thought; 'Make more mutants.' I wonder if those retrovirals are part of this plan, and, unbeknownst to most, anyone taking them is getting a cure for what ails them, as advertised, and a sneaky little X-gene spiced into their ACGT sequence somewhere. Maybe they won't personally turn into a mutant all at once, but their kids, who knows?
    It's already been explained in X-Men and Selene and Emplate actually play a role in it. Krakoa needs to feed on at least 2 mutants per year, but there are protocols, which are monitored by Emplate and Selene, that allow Krakoa to feed on multiple mutants livign on the island at the same time, so that he doesn't have to kill 2 mutants per year.

BANNED

My question is...HOW DOES ANYONE ***NOT*** KNOW? The fact Krakoa feeds on mutants has been KNOWN to be a thing for decades.

Just another reason I was over the whole Krakoa Era before it even started.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    My question is...HOW DOES ANYONE ***NOT*** KNOW? The fact Krakoa feeds on mutants has been KNOWN to be a thing for decades.

They do know, as Veitha just pointed out? And the fact they choose Krakoa of all places is probably a important plot point.

You’re complaining about something that’s already been addressed.

That’s a good thing. That is how things should be.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yeah, Logan adopted Laura after X-Force but Marvel messed it up that relationship by having Laura spend more time with GAMBIT ffs, babysitting the Richards' kids and joining Pym's school. Then they topped that by making Logan look so incompetent that he didn't know she got snatched by Arcade and then the Purifiers who she can easily f*ck up.

Thanks, Marvel.
    I'll shoot, someone anyone please explain to me how/why the whole Laura, hanging with the F4, becoming Captain Universe, etc things happened. I didn't read those issues but I remember thinking that whole period was all so random.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I'll shoot, someone anyone please explain to me how/why the whole Laura, hanging with the F4, becoming Captain Universe, etc things happened. I didn't read those issues but I remember thinking that whole period was all so random.
    Those were her adventures during Liu's run cuz she took a break from the X-Men after she got bullied for being on X-Force and the Hell-verine thing. It's also the run that people use to hook her up with Jubilee.
    "Cable was right!"

Beast is the worst

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    It's already been explained in X-Men and Selene and Emplate actually play a role in it. Krakoa needs to feed on at least 2 mutants per year, but there are protocols, which are monitored by Emplate and Selene, that allow Krakoa to feed on multiple mutants livign on the island at the same time, so that he doesn't have to kill 2 mutants per year.
    Then why does Beast not know this? It was mentioned at least a month ago, perhaps longer, that Krakoa sups lightly on the life-forces of everyone on the island, so why does he say it's *also* killing two mutants a year? Is he just daffy stupid?

Or is Krakoa *also* killing two mutants a year, in addition to feeding off of everyone, and not everybody knows that last bit?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Which two?

I think the sacrifice thing could come into play when Xavier and Magnus get desperate to keep Moira's dream alive. as for Xgene spliced into the medicine I would think it's something Hank or Sinister maybe even Xavier would do, not Magnus

*ahem* Let's go back to X-Men #3, where this was first mentioned:

Krakoa would need to feed on two mutants a year (like Beast correctly states), but it currently doesn't because it feeds on everyone's psychic energy. Beast's report just didn't mention they found a way around that / also it was comparing that aspect to Krakoa to Terra Verde's sacrifice-powered plants