Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post

This was the best part! I’m so happy there’s finally some sniktfam bonding It was about time Logan spent some time with his own kids too, I’m loving it! I just miss Laura, she would shaking her head at them lol
    loved this a lot! question was this Wolverine and Gabby first appearance together? I didn't read Laura run but I do know that Gabby came from there
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

So where’s Jimmy Hudson?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    No.

Gonna say that I still bothered that Wolverine family isn't complete, we still never saw them all interacting on same page
    I think we’ll get to see them all after Laura returns. I'm much more hopeful after this issue.
    I really hope they’ll give some development to whole Wolverine family together, not just individually to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    loved this a lot! question was this Wolverine and Gabby first appearance together? I didn't read Laura run but I do know that Gabby came from there
    Yes it was!
    Be kind, it's FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    So where’s Jimmy Hudson?
    Gone with Cullen Bunn

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    This is the first time we've seen Gabby interact with Main Verse Logan. She previously interacted with the Old Man.

And frankly it's yet another lazy fumble by Marvel: Instead of getting to SEE their first meeting, and watching Logan react to learning he has another kid running around (to say nothing of Laura's reaction to learning Logan's alive again) they skipped right over it. Those sort of interactions are IMPORTANT for making developing those relationships interesting.

Yes, this may be a fun scene, and it may be a nice change of pace to see Logan actually getting on with his whole family, but it feels unearned to me to have it just plunked down like this. Remember, not only does it mean Gabby and Logan met off-panel, but we also didn't get to see Logan and DAKEN reconcile their relationship. They've had over a DECADE of bad blood, violence, and pain. And POOF, it's all gone now without any work.

Frankly, that's the Krakoa Era in a nutshell.

BANNED

This was pretty good. Lots to unpack too.
    - First, it's great to see Cassara back. I don't like Bazaldua and I'm glad to see someone bringing Percy's script to life in a fitting way.
    - The tiki bar scene was pretty great! It's nice to see all these people together, with the current Sniktfam actually spending some time together without much time to waste on reunions and Daken/Wolverine drama. As someone traumatized by Daniel Way's Wolverine, skipping his legacy is always good. The fight scene was also a lot of fun.
    - So, Jean is finally getting some of that good, juicy angst that comes from dealing with X-Force. So, Phoenix Force, being victim of fake news and having to deal with ethical problems. That's three out three things that make her and Scott closer as people. Neat.
    - Piotr definitely requested Domino's resurrection to be manipulated, in case that entire page of her making him promise she would remember it wasn't a dead giveaway. Was it a misguided display of love or whatever he's been going through since his mission in Russia? And when is he going to be accounted as actual part of the team?
    - Black Tom continues to be an absolute treasure and must be protected at all costs.
    - The situation in Terra Verde came back to bite X-Force's ass faster than I thought it would. I guess the organic sentinels might not be on Nimrod's level of near future threats, but still, the situation is pretty fucked up. Also, Beast trying his all to hide this from Jean is absolutely LOVELY. McCoy is a damn hypocrite and it's about time people accept this as part of his charm and his character. This is who he has been for years and should continue to be.

Great issue. 9/10.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Remember when Logan fought Cyclops because the kids were sent to battle Sentinels? Schism and all that.

Now Logan plays russian roulette with them. Nice!
    They aren't in any danger. That's not even counting the resurrection machine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    They aren't in any danger. That's not even counting the resurrection machine.
    It wasn't JUST about danger or dying. Remember that Cyclops putting X-23 on a kill squad was part of what fed into it. It was as much about putting the kids into a position to KILL that set Logan off, as it was simply putting them in danger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It wasn't JUST about danger or dying.
    Remember that Cyclops putting X-23 on a kill squad was part of what fed into it. It was as much about putting the kids into a position to KILL that set Logan off, as it was simply putting them in danger.
    I am not sure what you are remotely trying to prove really. Laura was tortured horribly by Kimura because of X-Force.

Then again Yost wrote a Wolverine which goes berserk and grrrrrrr ALL the time, so never bother. It was zero characterization.

Beast: okay, I'm not going to send Jean, my biggest gun into the field, because I'm salty and don't want to hear her whiny voice lashing me.
    Lol, looks like the first team got stomped. Better send out the islands main Form of defense to a foreign nation.
    Next issue: ****, Jean, XFORCE went on a Rogue mission without my knowledge. Please take a team of Xmen to clean up. Also we'll be reviving XFORCE without their memories to spare them of trauma.

Jean:.... You know I can read minds Right?

Well since it’s likely that Colossus betrayed Domino’s trust and robbed her of who she was & she’ll likely beat his ass when she finds out, I’m up for Sage/Domino being a thing.

Fantastic Member

Colossus would never promise to do something for someone he cares about and then not see it through. Not sure why colossus is being depicted this way here.

But oh well, it isn't the first time someone has portrayed him poorly for the sake of drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    l
    Frankly, that's the Krakoa Era in a nutshell.
    Huh? When did thT era start? Cause I'm Still. Waiting. For Rahnes reaction to Doug being alive and they have about a good 2 decades more of a relationship than Wolverine and his bastardized offspring
    GrindrStone(D)

Spectacular Member

We aren't sure it was Colossus at this point though he definitely is a possibility. I did wonder that but then I thought it was more likely Prof X or the resurrection process itself. After all there are still some questions (at least for me) on how the whole process works.

Question 1: Just when were her thoughts last backed up?
    Are Prof X and Cerebro constantly downloading every mutant's thought pattern or could the download be missing a small amount of time.

Question 2: Even if Colossus had asked why would the Professor have listened to his request?
    Colossus isn't family and Domino would have had her requests in a will.

Question 3: Is forgetting the rage part of the resurrection process itself?
    Being able to recall your death seems to me rather traumatic. I would think the only way to cope would be if you can recall the memory but it triggers no emotional response. Otherwise we should be seeing at least a few resurrected mutants haunted by nightmares or seeking out revenge.

Though that could explain the constant parties and drinking as everyone is suppressing their trauma by drinking it away. That would be more fun then a weekly therapist session.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    We aren't sure it was Colossus at this point though he definitely is a possibility. I did wonder that but then I thought it was more likely Prof X or the resurrection process itself. After all there are still some questions (at least for me) on how the whole process works.

Question 1: Just when were her thoughts last backed up?
    Are Prof X and Cerebro constantly downloading every mutant's thought pattern or could the download be missing a small amount of time.

Question 2: Even if Colossus had asked why would the Professor have listened to his request?
    Colossus isn't family and Domino would have had her requests in a will.

Question 3: Is forgetting the rage part of the resurrection process itself?
    Being able to recall your death seems to me rather traumatic. I would think the only way to cope would be if you can recall the memory but it triggers no emotional response. Otherwise we should be seeing at least a few resurrected mutants haunted by nightmares or seeking out revenge.

Though that could explain the constant parties and drinking as everyone is suppressing their trauma by drinking it away. That would be more fun then a weekly therapist session.
    1st: We already know how it works, it was explained in HOX / POX.

2nd: Xavier has no reason to distrust Colossus and Domino probably left no will.

3rd: We know that the exact and previous moment of death is usually edited to avoid psychological trauma. This is not the case for Domino, since there was a long time difference between the kidnapping and her death.

Domino is not a pre-torture back up, simply the torture part was removed. She remembers that happened before and after but not the trauma that goes with it.