Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Huh? When did thT era start? Cause I'm Still. Waiting. For Rahnes reaction to Doug being alive and they have about a good 2 decades more of a relationship than Wolverine and his bastardized offspring
    And you're going to KEEP on waiting is precisely my point. We're not seeing ANY of those character beats on-panel. They're all being resolved behind the scenes to jump right into the new status quo. So don't get salty about characters someone else is invested in just because you haven't seen your favorites resolve these issues, because NO ONE ELSE HAS either.

Astonishing Member

I think they were actually saying, stop complaining about not getting to see character development, because I didn’t get to see one I wanted and I’m not complaining about it.
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 03-19-2020 at 08:37 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    1st: We already know how it works, it was explained in HOX / POX.

2nd: Xavier has no reason to distrust Colossus and Domino probably left no will.

3rd: We know that the exact and previous moment of death is usually edited to avoid psychological trauma. This is not the case for Domino, since there was a long time difference between the kidnapping and her death.

Domino is not a pre-torture back up, simply the torture part was removed. She remembers that happened before and after but not the trauma that goes with it.
    I’m not sure much memory editing is going on, Shaw brought back Shinobi and had his memories edited, seemingly even more than domino and then used that to manipulate him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    And you're going to KEEP on waiting is precisely my point. We're not seeing ANY of those character beats on-panel. They're all being resolved behind the scenes to jump right into the new status quo. So don't get salty about characters someone else is invested in just because you haven't seen your favorites resolve these issues, because NO ONE ELSE HAS either.
    Again what are you precisely trying to prove from the panel? They were having fun and it was entirely different than what happened in X-Force. I don't think talking to a CHILD with SOOOO maturity will do any favor.

This is the first time we've seen Gabby interact with Main Verse Logan. She previously interacted with the Old Man.

And frankly it's yet another lazy fumble by Marvel: Instead of getting to SEE their first meeting, and watching Logan react to learning he has another kid running around (to say nothing of Laura's reaction to learning Logan's alive again) they skipped right over it. Those sort of interactions are IMPORTANT for making developing those relationships interesting.

Yes, this may be a fun scene, and it may be a nice change of pace to see Logan actually getting on with his whole family, but it feels unearned to me to have it just plunked down like this. Remember, not only does it mean Gabby and Logan met off-panel, but we also didn't get to see Logan and DAKEN reconcile their relationship. They've had over a DECADE of bad blood, violence, and pain. And POOF, it's all gone now without any work.

Frankly, that's the Krakoa Era in a nutshell.
    And Xavier's meeting withh Scott Summers after he has been killed by him?

Remember Rosenberg's Uncanny at the end… and then, they kiss… and that was all.

Compared to old authors' seriousness and dedication… all of that feels cheap.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

This is the first time we've seen Gabby interact with Main Verse Logan. She previously interacted with the Old Man.

And frankly it's yet another lazy fumble by Marvel: Instead of getting to SEE their first meeting, and watching Logan react to learning he has another kid running around (to say nothing of Laura's reaction to learning Logan's alive again) they skipped right over it. Those sort of interactions are IMPORTANT for making developing those relationships interesting.

Yes, this may be a fun scene, and it may be a nice change of pace to see Logan actually getting on with his whole family, but it feels unearned to me to have it just plunked down like this. Remember, not only does it mean Gabby and Logan met off-panel, but we also didn't get to see Logan and DAKEN reconcile their relationship. They've had over a DECADE of bad blood, violence, and pain. And POOF, it's all gone now without any work.

Agreed, but that's been the standard since the end of HOX/POX there's no real closure to many of the relationships on the island, everyone is just making an effort to move forward. Time and time again we've all pointed to characters who have reasons to connect or hate one another casually forming new relationships without a shed of any past grievances or opportunities to see how they came to this point. Hopefully a lot of these concerns are addressed down the line, too many loose threads are dangling and given Hickman is stirring the ship I can imagine most of this stuff will be addressed.

Follow up:

Is this the first instance of Gabby having a code-name change? Last I read her she was still Honey Badger and I was wondering if Scout was a new code-name for this series?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Agreed, but that's been the standard since the end of HOX/POX there's no real closure to many of the relationships on the island, everyone is just making an effort to move forward. Time and time again we've all pointed to characters who have reasons to connect or hate one another casually forming new relationships without a shed of any past grievances or opportunities to see how they came to this point. Hopefully a lot of these concerns are addressed down the line, too many loose threads are dangling and given Hickman is stirring the ship I can imagine most of this stuff will be addressed.

Follow up:

Is this the first instance of Gabby having a code-name change? Last I read her she was still Honey Badger and I was wondering if Scout was a new code-name for this series?
    She took Scout at the end of the Tamaki X-23 book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post

There hasn't been anything BIG of a relationship between Logan and Laura from the beginning. When X-Force happened it was then Logan took things into his own hands for Laura because he knows what are the stakes but then again Laura voluntarily joined X-Force, therefore, it doesn't matter what Logan said. She still wouldn't have listened to him.

Yost never tried to make things as a father-daughter relationship and he never wrote Logan with much decency during his run. Taylor jumped into conclusions to make this relationship something big which was totally one-sided.

Logan NEVER had feelings for her as her own DAUGHTER.

As for Gabby, she is Laura's sister. The same thing applies to her.
    Last edited by Vishop; 03-19-2020 at 12:09 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    This was good. I very much enjoyed this.

I thought Scout was Badger....did I miss a Name swap somewhere??? I'm sorry Quire fans, but this boy is so ANNOYING!!!
    Tamaki's X-23.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

And tbh I'm okay with that. I'm having fun with the interactions being shown I don't need to see their first meeting. I mean it would be nice. But this is nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post

yep it feels cheap and not earned

krakoa Era is very dissapointing on relationships developments.

A lot of interesting things were skipped, but I have my theory on why they don't show the very beggining of Krakoa relationships
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-19-2020 at 02:33 PM.

If they had to solve everything that people around here ask for, we would have had 3 more years of pure filler before arriving at HOX / POX.

It's just not worthy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    yep it feels cheap and not earned

krakoa Era is very dissapointing on relationships developments.

A lot of interesting things were skipped, but I have my theory on why they don't show the very beggining of Krakoa relationships
    Eh, I am just gonna say this again. Logan and Laura's relationship wasn't really anything close to a daugther-father relationship with respect to Logan.

The only time he reacted when Cyke took over Laura for X-Force and she volunteered for it handily and she didn't cared what if Logan's opnion. I mean Yost never really cared. What Taylor did was jump into conclusions and it was totally one-sided.

I hardly believe introducing another of offsprings or technically clone is gonna make much of a difference which is similar to Laura.

Keeping that in mind this relationship doesn't need to be addressed by Percy because there was NO such father-daughter relationship as most people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    If they had to solve everything that people around here ask for, we would have had 3 more years of pure filler before arriving at HOX / POX.

It's just not worthy.
    it doesn't need 3 years and relationships aren't fillers

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Eh, I am just gonna say this again. Logan and Laura's relationship wasn't really anything close to a daugther-father relationship with respect to Logan.

The only time he reacted when Cyke took over Laura for X-Force and she volunteered for it handily and she didn't cared what if Logan's opnion. I mean Yost never really cared. What Taylor did was jump into conclusions and it was totally one-sided.

I hardly believe introducing another of offsprings or technically clone is gonna make much of a difference which is similar to Laura.

Keeping that in mind this relationship doesn't need to be addressed by Percy because there was NO such father-daughter relationship as most people think.
    there a relationship still there. ANd i guess if taylor upped it other writers should follow it. All new wolverine was one of the best x-men books of the decade
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-19-2020 at 02:58 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

there a relationship still there. ANd i guess if taylor upped it other writers should follow it. All new wolverine was one of the best x-men books of the decade
    I am just going to be pragmatic about this. Logan never had much for Laura. Fact is ANW jumped into that and even then it was ONE-sided and rather an OOC if you might say to happen for Logan.

Never really thought Laura was Logan's daughter. Not by character or by any other nature.