Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Spider-Woman #1 Spoilers

Name says it all - no spoiler tags needed her folks.

To pay the bills, Jess has been hired by a billionaire to protect his daughter. They're all on a ship to celebrate her Super 16 Party when suddenly the party is ambushed by would be kidnappers. Jess proceeds to kick ass, though her internal monologue tells us that not everything is as it seems - she's feel sick and enraged (and at one point throws a bratty kid off the boat). Jess beats down the kidnappers and explodes helicopters and an expensive car in the process. At the end, Jess vomits venom all over the deck of the boat - something is definitely NOT right.

Back Up Story: Tells how Jess took the job with Marchand. It also shows that someone sinister is behind Jessica's suit and made sure Big Ronnie (form Gwenpool) got the suit into Jessica's hands.

Short summary aside, this issue did a good job in setting up what's in store for Jess. There's A LOT we don't know yet - something is very wrong. Someone is out to get Jess but we don't all have the details yet. Next issue we get Octavia Vermis and Night Nurse showing up - which I can't wait to see.

Things I noticed: Jessica's eyes have always been green, but as a kid they were blue. Notice the panels were Jessica's eyes went from Green to Blue after she puked? Also, I like the shark shout out reference to Spider-Woman Origin.
    Last edited by Seren; 03-18-2020 at 03:45 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast