Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I really like Karla’s voice for Jess, and can’t wait to see what she has in store for us. I’m going to go out on a limb here, and say I think the new black suit might be symbiote related. I love both Perez’s and Siqueira’s Jess. They were like magic to me.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I really like Karla’s voice for Jess, and can’t wait to see what she has in store for us. I’m going to go out on a limb here, and say I think the new black suit might be symbiote related. I love both Perez’s and Siqueira’s Jess. They were like magic to me.
    That crossed my mind...but I am really hoping not. There are just too damn many of those things running around.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Yeah but Jessica's powers were restored by the Skrulls/Hydra(Skrulls posing as Hydra?)

Also, interesting that the vomit burned her logo onto the deck of the boat. Also interesting is that the suit is tracking her stats.

In regards to Night Nurse, Karla wrote a one shot for her in Fearless and she's showing up on the New Hawkeye. Very interesting.

The game is afoot!
    Skrulls posing as HYDRA, as far as I recall.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Great first issue, the action was intense! Jess beat the sailors and I thought it was break time. Nope more action, cinematic at that. From the jokes to the gross Karla went big and has me hooked!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, something is definitely wrong with her biochemistry. Could be overdue effects of the radiation poisoning that spider-blood serum was meant to cure, since she was kept in a "genetic accelerator" for several decades according to her original backstory. Theorizing aside, I did like that Big Ronnie from the original Gwenpool series had a cameo here, and Jessica having her own financial woes reminds me a lot of classic Spider-Man, even if she is a vastly different character from Peter Parker in many if not most respects.
    Will the writers ever do a Peter Parker and Jessica drew do a team up adventure? It's worked wonders for Deadpool and Spider-Man. Why does the writer have a disinterest with Spider-Man making a guest appearance in Spider-Woman? There are plenty of opportunities for the writer to get more readers onboard Spider-Woman series by having Peter and Jessica working together in a story arc. Peter could play a supporting role that would help Jessica out a great deal. Peter is one of the few people who Jessica trust with her life because of who he is.

She's the best alternative to The Black Cat as Spidey's ally. It would not hurt if Jessica appeared in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man. In retrospect, Jessica could have played a supporting role in Maximum Carnage storyline along with The Black Cat..

It would be best if their team up happened in the pages of ASM and SSM respectively. On the flipside, Peter Parker could appear in a reoccurring guest in Jessica's book designing some of equipment that she could use for her solo missions. Imagine the sort of tech gear that Peter could design for Jessica? This would be his contribution in a supporting role that doesn't take anything away from the protagonist as Peter doesn't have to appear as Spider-Man in Jessica's book.

Because Peter will save us all. Please let Jessica fly without Peter. She doesn't need him.

4 days later and I'm here to say that I still think the kid Jess toss off the boat deserved it.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member

Because Peter will save us all. Please let Jessica fly without Peter. She doesn't need him.

4 days later and I'm here to say that I still think the kid Jess toss off the boat deserved it.
    You are a wise and intelligent human being.

Wait till that kids rich daddy gets involved. Jess maybe tossing a lot more than her lunch and that little snot.

As for Pete? It would help sales but it would be better if Jess kept her own book afloat herself. Maybe an appearance way down the road would be alright.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Wait till that kids rich daddy gets involved. Jess maybe tossing a lot more than her lunch and that little snot.

As for Pete? It would help sales but it would be better if Jess kept her own book afloat herself. Maybe an appearance way down the road would be alright.
    I like the interconnected-ness of showing the characters interacing...but agree each title needs to stand on it's own. Maybe an appearance by Peter Parker...and not Spider-Man. Maybe Jess needs him to use his press connections to get into someplace because she and Roger have already been seen or Roger needs the Porcupine suit looked at....it is not like he can go back to Hobby for that.

Never read any Spider Woman books before, but did pick this up today. Really enjoyed the hell out of it. Lots of fun. Will pick up the next few issues for sure.

Maybe. We are getting Night Nurse for sure so that will be really fun to see in the next issue. And if Jess says anything about her dating Hawkeye or vice versa - even better! Bc i have a feeling Clint is still on Jessica's **** list.

We'll have to see. It sounds to me like Karla is pulling some of the characters from Jessica's original series. I"m REALLY hoping we maybe get a Tigra appearance? Maybe?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I like the interconnected-ness of showing the characters interacing...but agree each title needs to stand on it's own. Maybe an appearance by Peter Parker...and not Spider-Man. Maybe Jess needs him to use his press connections to get into someplace because she and Roger have already been seen or Roger needs the Porcupine suit looked at....it is not like he can go back to Hobby for that.
    They have no cash. It would be cool to see Roger get a new redesigned suit but that would cost a lot. I’m sure his current suit is fully functional. He may have had a stockpile of weapons and spare parts when Hobgoblin gave him the suit. I’m sure Roger will eventually be seen in his suit. Right now he’s cleaning up the mess Gerry made. Lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    They have no cash. It would be cool to see Roger get a new redesigned suit but that would cost a lot. I’m sure his current suit is fully functional. He may have had a stockpile of weapons and spare parts when Hobgoblin gave him the suit. I’m sure Roger will eventually be seen in his suit. Right now he’s cleaning up the mess Gerry made. Lol.
    I am still of the mind that Roger needs to get supered (maybe dosed with the stuff that gave Tombstone powers)...but if he is using the suit it could get damaged and could need someone to repair it.

Maybe. We are getting Night Nurse for sure so that will be really fun to see in the next issue. And if Jess says anything about her dating Hawkeye or vice versa - even better! Bc i have a feeling Clint is still on Jessica's **** list.

We'll have to see. It sounds to me like Karla is pulling some of the characters from Jessica's original series. I"m REALLY hoping we maybe get a Tigra appearance? Maybe?
    Tigra would be fun. Has she even interacted with Jess since Avengers #240-241??

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Tigra would be fun. Has she even interacted with Jess since Avengers #240-241??
    I would love to see Tigra make an appearance in Spider-Woman and Spider-Man respectively as a Police Officer. Tigra and Jessica should have been a reoccurring guest in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man in place of the Black Cat. It would be cool if there was a connection between Tigra and Black Cat because one is a cop while the other is a thief. That would make for a good dynamic. As for Peter, Tigra is a scientist in her own right. Thus Tigra and Peter doing CSI detective cases would make things interesting for Jessica Drew.