Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Robin 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1 (Discussion)

I liked this book so much, I thought it deserved its own thread

Honestly I was not expecting much out of this. So it was certainly a nice surprise, I mean really enjoyed this. With Dick especially I’ve been hard on all those years at one time or another, but I thought they did really well with the creators they got and how it was coordinated. Which I honestly did not think anyone in the current Bat office even knew how to coordinate something. With Dick it was more of a snap shot of his life as Nightwing. Out of all of them I thought they did Dick the best. The way they presented his stories recreated the journey in an honest way from the days of Wolfman to Seeley/King’s Grayson (which was hilarious btw. LoL, a red hair Gorilla). Now love or hate those creators it’s very hard to ague that those weren’t some of the most influential creators, with substantial tenures on the character, over the last couple decades. So I appreciated the genuineness there if you know what mean. And while the stories were by different creators, from different eras, there was a cohesiveness with the character journey that came together with them all. I really enjoyed those. And I’m in a dark place when it comes to that character right now, so for me to give any credit is not easy.

The rest of the stories were solid too. Jason’s was sort but sweet. I still much prefer Winick’s Red Hood over Lobdell’s. Even if Winick’s stories weren’t always the best. Tim’s were a bit wordy and pretentious, but tolerable. Steph’s was cute. While Damian’s were interesting but kind of sad. They at least sort of tried to tie into his current.

So ya, I was pretty happy with this. The only thing missing was Morrison B&R story
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-18-2020 at 05:58 PM.