THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Legion of Super-Heroes issue #5 Preview

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Also the covers

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Do you guys like how the recap pages are done?

I adore the recap pages personally. They're kind of a cleaner and more focused version of the fake twitter pages in Action Comics. They introduce us to a new Legionnaire each issue, and that Legionnaire recaps the general idea of last issue while also giving us a bit about them and the world. Translating the interlac is also pretty rewarding because it sometimes holds lore. Like, in issue 3 when we learn that Dawnstar and Lightning Lass are the two most popular Legionnaires among young people, and that Dawnstar seems to have some political footing. Both bits of info actually end up being contextualized in the following issue with us seeing Lightning Lass' origin (and her clear popularity) and Cosmic Boy's prime father (I'm assuming that means grandfather) grooming him for political office. Yeah, I really dig em. Looking forward to seeing Jon's.

"I didn't sign on to be arrested by the science police" "We can do that on our home planet." I'm getting the sense that Triplicate Girl was a bit of a wild child...

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Do you guys like how the recap pages are done?
    Yeah, that's a good idea Bendis brought with him from Marvel and other writers need to start doing the same. Most DC books don't have recap pages at all.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

That karate kid needs redesign desperately. Jon should say "for odin and for asgard! " next time. It would be even more funny.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, that's a good idea Bendis brought with him from Marvel and other writers need to start doing the same. Most DC books don't have recap pages at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I adore the recap pages personally. They're kind of a cleaner and more focused version of the fake twitter pages in Action Comics. They introduce us to a new Legionnaire each issue, and that Legionnaire recaps the general idea of last issue while also giving us a bit about them and the world. Translating the interlac is also pretty rewarding because it sometimes holds lore. Like, in issue 3 when we learn that Dawnstar and Lightning Lass are the two most popular Legionnaires among young people, and that Dawnstar seems to have some political footing. Both bits of info actually end up being contextualized in the following issue with us seeing Lightning Lass' origin (and her clear popularity) and Cosmic Boy's prime father (I'm assuming that means grandfather) grooming him for political office. Yeah, I really dig em. Looking forward to seeing Jon's.
    Agreed, and I didn't even consider the fact that most DC books didn't have them till you mentioned it. Really like the stylistic choice made there.