Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Lex Luthor getting someone to make a machine to figure out Superman's identity and once they learn it's Clark Kent ignore it. If Byrne wasn't going to do anything with that information he shouldn't have put it in to begin with.
    I disagree heavily, the whole point was to show Lexs mental state. To him its utterly infeasablethat his enemy wasnt a man of power and station and that hed let hinself get pushed around.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The storyline ends as Cap at the end seemingly dies but the next issue Steve returns to life with a blood transfusion I believe.
    Not only was Cap revived, but that blood transfusion came from the Red Skull. So you're absolutely correct in that regard, SUPERECWFAN1.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

Cap-Armor aka FIGHTING CHANCE !

Mark Gruenwald was a great Captain America writer and was on the book a long decade run. He introduced a number of cool rogues who would become mainstays in Captain America's rogues gallery. Crossbones , Mad Cap and Super Patriot was a couple to mention. A few arcs were really regarded like the 2+ year long Johnny Walker storyline where he became Captain America. Or the "Streets of Poison" arc.

But like a lot of writers who stay on too long a book ; Gruenwald likely stuck around too long on Captain America as his final near 2 year arc showed. In it Steve Rogers is starting to feel weak and learns his super soldier formula is now running out on him. Doctors advise him to retire due to the strain on his body being Captain America and that the formula once its gone he will likely die.

Steve decides to go down fighting (Fighting Chance is the arc) and continues on ignoring this. He eventually informs the Avengers as his body is starting to feel the effects of it. Eventually to help him combat the serum leaving his body near shut down ; Tony Stark designs a robotic suit for him to work in awhile. The storyline ends as Cap at the end seemingly dies but the next issue Steve returns to life with a blood transfusion I believe.
    Side Note: Was that the same Cap Armor that Norman Osborn wore during the Dark Reign storyline?
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Side Note: Was that the same Cap Armor that Norman Osborn wore during the Dark Reign storyline?
    No, he built that suit which is why its shonky as hell. It IS however the suit Old Cap used to fight Tony in before Secret Wars 3 when the universe was falling apart

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I disagree heavily, the whole point was to show Lexs mental state. To him its utterly infeasablethat his enemy wasnt a man of power and station and that hed let hinself get pushed around.
    Except all it did was make him look like a fool, it's something I'd expect from the Bronze or Silver Age, not Post-Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Except all it did was make him look like a fool, it's something I'd expect from the Bronze or Silver Age, not Post-Crisis.
    Well yes, he's a villain. Thats the point.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Not only was Cap revived, but that blood transfusion came from the Red Skull. So you're absolutely correct in that regard, SUPERECWFAN1.
    If I remember right wasn't that when the Skull was in a cloned body of Steve so Steve was really just getting back blood that was identical to his before all the problems started? I really liked that version of the Red Skull who was finally on equal footing with Cap physically. He had no where near Caps fighting skill, but at least he could take a punch and give in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    If I remember right wasn't that when the Skull was in a cloned body of Steve so Steve was really just getting back blood that was identical to his before all the problems started?
    IIRC, it was revealed in the final back-up feature in Captain America #350 that Arnim Zola was the one who provided the cloned body for the Red Skull.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I really liked that version of the Red Skull who was finally on equal footing with Cap physically. He had no where near Caps fighting skill, but at least he could take a punch and give in return.
    Agreed. I remember how the Red Skull was so gratified to have an Aryan look.