Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344 LastLast
Results 601 to 615 of 653
  1. #601
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    23,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    it's affecting me because my mom tested positive yesterday (Tuesday) and since I was at her and dad's house, dad, my brother Chris and I all had to get tested.

    Dad was negative. Chris and I are positive.

    Now I'm tracking the days on my calendar, monitoring my symptoms, taking cold and flu pills and Zicam, and keeping myself hydrated.

    right now, we all have very mild symptoms.....foggy feeling like when you have a head cold, mom has some aches, I have a mild fever and a very mild scratchy throat (not sore) that comes and goes.
    Sorry to hear about that. I hope you and your family pulls through.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  2. #602
    Extraordinary Member Malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeville, NY
    Posts
    9,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    it's affecting me because my mom tested positive yesterday (Tuesday) and since I was at her and dad's house, dad, my brother Chris and I all had to get tested.

    Dad was negative. Chris and I are positive.

    Now I'm tracking the days on my calendar, monitoring my symptoms, taking cold and flu pills and Zicam, and keeping myself hydrated.

    right now, we all have very mild symptoms.....foggy feeling like when you have a head cold, mom has some aches, I have a mild fever and a very mild scratchy throat (not sore) that comes and goes.
    Wow. I feel for you and hope you and your family recover without too many after-effects.
    Watching television is not an activity.

  3. #603
    Mighty Member CellarDweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Essex County, NJ
    Posts
    1,891

    Default

    Thanks for the good wishes.

    My dad's test turned out to be a false negative. He had two tests taken at the same time, a rapid results, and one that gave results a day later. The rapid results test have him a negative result. The other gave him a positive.

    As of today (01/08) it's been about 20 days since we all first started showing symptoms.

    Mom has an occasional cough, but is otherwise fine.

    Dad had been feeling pretty run down (which is a covid symptom) and developed bronchitis. His doctor gave him meds for the bronchitis, and recommended vitamins C & D. A family friend also suggested elderberry. He is taking it all, and his energy is returning.

    My brother was at the hospital. He felt fine, but his oxygen levels were dropping, so he was admitted and give an IV and oxygen treatment. As of yesterday evening, he is home again. He has an oxygen tank to use, but it's at a very low setting, and the doctors seem thing think he should be off of it in a week to ten days.

    As for me, I developed a fever that lasted two days and left. My scratchy throat is gone. I had lost my sense of smell (but not taste, which was weird) but it has since returned. The only remaining issue is a cough that is very infrequent.

  4. #604
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    23,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Thanks for the good wishes.

    My dad's test turned out to be a false negative. He had two tests taken at the same time, a rapid results, and one that gave results a day later. The rapid results test have him a negative result. The other gave him a positive.

    As of today (01/08) it's been about 20 days since we all first started showing symptoms.

    Mom has an occasional cough, but is otherwise fine.

    Dad had been feeling pretty run down (which is a covid symptom) and developed bronchitis. His doctor gave him meds for the bronchitis, and recommended vitamins C & D. A family friend also suggested elderberry. He is taking it all, and his energy is returning.

    My brother was at the hospital. He felt fine, but his oxygen levels were dropping, so he was admitted and give an IV and oxygen treatment. As of yesterday evening, he is home again. He has an oxygen tank to use, but it's at a very low setting, and the doctors seem thing think he should be off of it in a week to ten days.

    As for me, I developed a fever that lasted two days and left. My scratchy throat is gone. I had lost my sense of smell (but not taste, which was weird) but it has since returned. The only remaining issue is a cough that is very infrequent.
    Well, stay safe and stay careful.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  5. #605
    older Mormel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Thanks for the good wishes.

    My dad's test turned out to be a false negative. He had two tests taken at the same time, a rapid results, and one that gave results a day later. The rapid results test have him a negative result. The other gave him a positive.

    As of today (01/08) it's been about 20 days since we all first started showing symptoms.

    Mom has an occasional cough, but is otherwise fine.

    Dad had been feeling pretty run down (which is a covid symptom) and developed bronchitis. His doctor gave him meds for the bronchitis, and recommended vitamins C & D. A family friend also suggested elderberry. He is taking it all, and his energy is returning.

    My brother was at the hospital. He felt fine, but his oxygen levels were dropping, so he was admitted and give an IV and oxygen treatment. As of yesterday evening, he is home again. He has an oxygen tank to use, but it's at a very low setting, and the doctors seem thing think he should be off of it in a week to ten days.

    As for me, I developed a fever that lasted two days and left. My scratchy throat is gone. I had lost my sense of smell (but not taste, which was weird) but it has since returned. The only remaining issue is a cough that is very infrequent.
    Whew! Hope it'll continue to be an upward climb for all you guys, healthwise! I can imagine that that was pretty spooky. Hope you'll all be symptom-free real soon!
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

  6. #606
    Astonishing Member JackDaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Not a direct impact on me, but something I found really moving...

    On BBC website today, there’s a piece about a woman GP who’s dad is in a care home...she’s been unable to visit him for 10 months because of lockdown regulation...who got to vaccinate all the care home residents, and could therefore talk to and touch her father for the first time in months.

    Must have been heartbreaking for her to spend so little time with him, her love for him was very obvious.

  7. #607
    Mighty Member Iron_Legion87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Yea a family member had it back in the summer ( thankfully they recovered fine). But overall, its impact my life like it has everyone else. Can't hang out with friends much etc.

  8. #608
    Extraordinary Member DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    6,841

    Default

    It's wiped out most jobs in the industry I wanted to enter, and, for the positions that remain, it's cut down most numbers. It's also made it practically impossible for me to enter a division of that industry.
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

  9. #609

    Default

    Up at this horrible hour to go get a patient in Puyallup to his dialysis facility in Bonney Lake, the only one in the area that takes covid cases. He's on portable oxygen and can only manage about four steps at a time before having to sit down and it's always even money whether I have to break out the boarding chair or not (that's our own wheelchair we keep in the van; I'd default to it but he always wants to try and walk, it's part of his recovery.) He's the reason I agreed to work a partial Saturday, because he's Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday. He's very up and down, sometimes he's failing and other times he looks like he's coming back from it. Every time I see him I wonder if it's the last time.

    IT'S NOT THE FLU. WEAR A MASK. WASH YOUR HANDS. BE CAREFUL. You do NOT want a piece of this.
    You can find a bunch of books I wrote stories for here. The weekly column is here.

  10. #610
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    16,635

    Default

    A close family member recently passed away. She was living in a nursing home and while they said she didn't show any symptoms of Covid, other people ( staff and residents ) did and they had moved her to the Covid unit before she died.

  11. #611
    Mighty Member Godzilla2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    A close family member recently passed away. She was living in a nursing home and while they said she didn't show any symptoms of Covid, other people ( staff and residents ) did and they had moved her to the Covid unit before she died.
    I'm so sorry for your lost.

    My deepest condolences
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 01-15-2021 at 10:36 AM.

  12. #612
    Mighty Member TriggerWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine today. No real side effects. I felt slightly odd, almost like I was slightly drunk, about 30 minutes after getting it. Decided if I was going to feel drunk I may as well do it for real so I'm no longer quite sure if it wore off or its the actual alcohol. Either way it was nothing big.

  13. #613
    Mighty Member CellarDweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Essex County, NJ
    Posts
    1,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    A close family member recently passed away. She was living in a nursing home and while they said she didn't show any symptoms of Covid, other people ( staff and residents ) did and they had moved her to the Covid unit before she died.
    I'm sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and your family.

  14. #614
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    23,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    A close family member recently passed away. She was living in a nursing home and while they said she didn't show any symptoms of Covid, other people ( staff and residents ) did and they had moved her to the Covid unit before she died.
    My sympathies.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  15. #615
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    16,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I'm so sorry for your lost.

    My deepest condolences
    Thank You.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •