Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixReborn85 View Post
    I've been working from home since mid-March. At first it was awkward then I got used to it. Nowadays, I'm battling cabin fever. I go out and walk once in a while or talk to people on the phone, but I would just love to sit in a cafe or browse a book store. I just got a text from my city government reaffirming that people wear masks and self distance because cases are rising again.

Also, my father, who lives in a home, got a false positive on a COVID test and my sister and I were on alert for two weeks. Other than that, it's been pretty boring at home. I have a great relationship with my blankets.
    I'm able to go to the bookstore, the record shop and the comic shop. I generally go in and get what I went there for but I can browse a bit as well.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I've been working from home since mid-March. At first it was awkward then I got used to it. Nowadays, I'm battling cabin fever. I go out and walk once in a while or talk to people on the phone, but I would just love to sit in a cafe or browse a book store. I just got a text from my city government reaffirming that people wear masks and self distance because cases are rising again.

Also, my father, who lives in a home, got a false positive on a COVID test and my sister and I were on alert for two weeks. Other than that, it's been pretty boring at home. I have a great relationship with my blankets.
    I’m a federal employee and I’ve also been working from home since late March. Can’t say I like it, but it beats being unemployed like so many millions have thanks to the virus. My day starts at six a.m., have breakfast at seven, take a break to step on my front porch at nine, go for a walk at 11:30 followed by lunch, then call it a day at 2:30. That Monday through Friday routine sustains me, keeps me grounded. On Saturdays, I visit my local comic shop downtown and relax while I do my weekly grocery shopping on Sunday. So far, so good.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Cases are starting to rise again in my neck of the woods after a summer and early autumn where we had things really effectively managed. We didn't go crazy with big parties, but my friends started to have some small get togethers, mostly outside. Well, we have decided to stop doing that for the foreseeable future and switch back to Zoom and/or Google Hangouts.

My wife and I have also made the decision to do Thanksgiving with just the two of us. At the beginning when my wife was working from home and I was unemployed, we were social bubbling with my parents, but until both my public facing jobs close, I don't want to risk it with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I'm able to go to the bookstore, the record shop and the comic shop. I generally go in and get what I went there for but I can browse a bit as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I’m a federal employee and I’ve also been working from home since late March. Can’t say I like it, but it beats being unemployed like so many millions have thanks to the virus. My day starts at six a.m., have breakfast at seven, take a break to step on my front porch at nine, go for a walk at 11:30 followed by lunch, then call it a day at 2:30. That Monday through Friday routine sustains me, keeps me grounded. On Saturdays, I visit my local comic shop downtown and relax while I do my weekly grocery shopping on Sunday. So far, so good.
    I'm just so paranoid so I don't even bother to go inside a closed space. The only places I go to are the supermarket and a local coffee shop to get something on the go (going to my house).

They're shutting down county elementary school districts in metro Indianapolis starting Monday through January 20.

We're headed for, and honestly put-off thus far, a nation wide shutdown. The March, April dry run didn't go so well, it's gonna have to be for real for real this time. This is me projecting but it's gotta be minimum a rolling 2 weeks at a time.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I hope you are ok.

Are you able to go for walks? I've been doing that. I'm going to walk to the food stores soon as opposed to the bus to get some fresh air.
    I'm okay. Thank you, though.

Retired

I'm just so paranoid so I don't even bother to go inside a closed space. The only places I go to are the supermarket and a local coffee shop to get something on the go (going to my house).
    I don't even go in my favourite coffee place, which hurts my heart. I used to make a point of going there every week, before the pandemic, in hopes the owners would stay in business and not move out. That location was empty and in bad repair for many years. The city fixed it up but it had no tenant for a couple years before these people moved in with their European style deli and coffee establishment. If they ever moved out, no doubt it would either go empty again (and maybe torn down for condos) or the next business would likely not do anything of benefit to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    They're shutting down county elementary school districts in metro Indianapolis starting Monday through January 20.

We're headed for, and honestly put-off thus far, a nation wide shutdown. The March, April dry run didn't go so well, it's gonna have to be for real for real this time. This is me projecting but it's gotta be minimum a rolling 2 weeks at a time.
    There will never be a nationwide shutdown, but for the states that get it, I'm more or less just waiting for the announcements. I feel like every governor is saving it as a last resort, but things are getting bad.

Astonishing Member

Here in Vegas it feels like everything is back to normal. Even traffic is back to pre pandemic days, except for the Strip. People are wearing masks but outside of that, you wouldn't know there's a pandemic.

Basically. Capacity limits in places, but yeah, everything is pretty normal, which is probably the problem.

Aaaaand just like that we're getting new restrictions announced on Monday here in Washington.

Also looks like Chicago has issued a 30 day stay at home advisory.
    Last edited by Joker; 11-12-2020 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Aaaaand just like that we're getting new restrictions announced on Monday here in Washington.

Also looks like Chicago has issued a 30 day stay at home advisory.
    Yep.

Lightfoot actually made a pretty reasonable case for it.

Spectacular Member

My job went from furlough to term today.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

On zone lockdown because there are people in my area who refuse to wear masks and claim that this is a hoax. Some of these types have shown up to harass people trying to get information out about COVID-19 and do this while squealing about Black people and "vaccines R bad". I hate them so much tbh. Such assholes.

These days I have been going out less and less. I can't afford to get this corona and my insurance is changing since I'm on COBRA.

My g/f's brother has tested positive. So have his wife and kids so they are all in quarantine. He says he's feeling better already, but my g/f will get tested tomorrow.
    Watching television is not an activity.