Quote Originally Posted by Javasaurus View Post
On Wednesday, Texas hit a record with over 5,500 cases in one day. So yeah, things are getting scary again. We seemed to be on a good trend back in April; but those gains are lost now. Governor Abott certainly didn't help the situation by overriding local government efforts when he decided it was time to reopen the state.

When this thread began in March, I mentioned that my dad was in the hospital for surgery; and how the hospital was extremely strict with who was and wasn't allowed in the front door due to COVID-19 precautions. Two days after the cardiac bypass procedure; the hospital decided that is was too much of a risk to place him directly in a post-surgery step down unit. They decided it was less-risky to just discharge him and send him home until conditions were safer. Sadly, there were complications that surfaced after going home. His blood pressure was wildly unstable; making him dizzy to the point where he fell and broke his nose. After that incident, he began to decline even more; to the point where his primary care physician ordered hospice care. He just went downhill from there; and on Memorial day, he passed away.

My mom, sister, and I will probably spend the rest of our days wondering if the outcome might have been different if normal post-surgery protocols had been in place. It's hard to not think that he might have had a better chance if he was under direct care during the week or two after surgery; rather than "virtual medicine".
Sorry for your loss.