Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

You should full on commit to the bit and paint a studio audience on that empty wall. No half measures.

OMG you just gave me an idea.

TO THE COLOR PRINTER!!!

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Apart from being out of work for a couple months, I'm grateful my life hasn't been affected. No one I know has even been sick since August of last year.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Sorry to hear about that. I hope she gets good news.
    Thank you for the kind words. I was wrong she did not get tested Wednesday Morning. She got tested Tuesday morning. I just didnt find out about it till Wednesday. She got the results an hour ago. Negative which we are greatful for because she took my mom to the store Sunday.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Invincible Member

Started working from home this week. It's way more stressful than I thought it would be.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Thank you for the kind words. I was wrong she did not get tested Wednesday Morning. She got tested Tuesday morning. I just didnt find out about it till Wednesday. She got the results an hour ago. Negative which we are greatful for because she took my mom to the store Sunday.
    That's good to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Started working from home this week. It's way more stressful than I thought it would be.
    In what way?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

I was working from home a lot before this whole thing so that wasn’t much of a change. But working from home means you are practically always working, you never leave the office.
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 05-23-2020 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    But working from home means you are practically always working, you never leave the office.
    This is incorrect!

I know every site ever has written about this already, but you still need some demarcation!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

In what way?
    At first I thought my biggest problem would be dealing with all the distractions around here. There's that, but it actually isn't a big deal. My big issue is that if I or a respondent have a question about something, I have to "slack" or email someone who might or might not be reading in real time. I'm used to being able to go down the hall and getting some sort of answer out of someone and then knowing how to deal with the issue. Then there's the issue of not being being sure data is being received or saved. Again I'm used to being able to physically ask someone, "Hey did this go through?" Now I have to wait. Stuff I used to do in the office is literally taking me twice as long because of these extra steps I have to go through.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    This is incorrect!

I know every site ever has written about this already, but you still need some demarcation!
    Eh, to what I was saying in the other post...yesterday I finished for the day and was walking down the street when my supervisor texted me about someone at my job not having certain information she was supposed to have. I had to turn around and go upstairs and turn everything on again. Now luckily I had most of what she needed written down longhand on paper, but yeah...just when you think you're out, they pull you back in.

I think the idea that you need to always be on is a bad one. From your employer, to you, as well.

"hey, stepped out for a minute, I'll get it to you when I'm back home" etc. They're not paying you around the clock, so you don't need to be working around the clock.

I say this as someone who has worked from home in the past and made these mistakes.

The mistake being that you've already shown them that you are always available. Next time, even if you are at home, make them wait.
    Last edited by Joker; 05-23-2020 at 11:10 AM.

BANNED

It's made my life fulfilling. I'm very much an introvert anyway, and I find myself excelling personally and professionally in this environment. I've gotten a promotion for the first time in years.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I think the idea that you need to always be on is a bad one. From your employer, to you, as well.

"hey, stepped out for a minute, I'll get it to you when I'm back home" etc. They're not paying you around the clock, so you don't need to be working around the clock.

I say this as someone who has worked from home in the past and made these mistakes.

The mistake being that you've already shown them that you are always available. Next time, even if you are at home, make them wait.
    I thought about it and yeah, you're mostly right. Had it not been this particular person ( who I have a really good work relationship with) or I left five minutes earlier, I probably would have reacted as you suggested and next time I probably will. It just gets to me that if I was in the office, it wouldn't have even occurred.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Corona has cost me a friendship. I'm impatient and stressed without a killervirus and I moved to a new city (Nuremberg) and the one guy I know or consider a friend there does not want to meet in person. We've known each other for two years and he invited me to his wedding. After months of begging him (we're both at home 24/7 since COVID) to meet in person for a walk or a run I called him a coward and I don't need another coward in my life. Life is still possible. You take precautions and move on with your ****.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Corona has cost me a friendship. I'm impatient and stressed without a killervirus and I moved to a new city (Nuremberg) and the one guy I know or consider a friend there does not want to meet in person. We've known each other for two years and he invited me to his wedding. After months of begging him (we're both at home 24/7 since COVID) to meet in person for a walk or a run I called him a coward and I don't need another coward in my life. Life is still possible. You take precautions and move on with your ****.
    Yeah. I'm not sure I'd want to be your friend after that either. As restrictions loosen, it's up to the individual person to decide their own limits and boundaries. It sounds like he made his, which are incredibly reasonable. You have no right to berate him.