Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 617
  1. #556
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,545

    Default

    Everytime I see a news segment on the pandemic where they are talking to hospital workers, patients, or other similar things I'm more likely to have a panic/anxiety attack.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  2. #557
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    23,075

    Default

    Here in Philly, there's going to be an announcement at 1 p.m. on Monday about virus restrictions. With positive cases spiking like everywhere else in the country, I suspect things are going to tighten up.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-14-2020 at 03:37 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  3. #558
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Here we're in lockdown again. My place has been doing well for France, we don't have that many cases but we're still as impacted as the other parts of France by the lockdown. I stay with my parents for the lockdown since I'm currently jobless and have been tested just before.

  4. #559
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    38

    Default

    My city Waukegan, IL the mayor is asking for a voluntary lockdown. So we know how well that's going to do. His name is Sam Cunningham and he has been trying to keep on top of this pandemic. In the last few month's I've lost my Mom, my dad and my dog. I don't know if it's due to covid since done of them had been autopsied. My dad was living in Florida and the it was scary how up prepared people are down there.

  5. #560
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,545

    Default

    My husband and I have been, as we jokingly call it, 'living the hermit's life'. Occasionally I run into people I know when I go out into town to do needed errands, supermarket, post office, and so on. We also walk the dogs and try to get outside when we can. Otherwise we social distance as much as possible.

    It's become second nature to remind each other to wear masks and to wash hands when we come home.

    i do miss having the freedom to intereact with people in person, but not enough that it bothers me. What bothers me more are people who act as if there is no pandemic. Luckily they are few, adn for the most part my town has been pretty good about sticking to the rules, as far as I know.

    No sign of businesses going under so far, thank goodness, but I imagine it's been hard on them.

    Still, I welcome stricter restrictions. Maybe becasue the virus still gives me nightmares, but I want us to have this under control as soon as possible. I still beleive that Trump, through lazy negligence, ignorance, arrogance, or personal self-interest, has been intentionally trying to kill off as many Americasn as he can.

    It's a shame that he'll never be held accountable for this, though if that happens I'd be fine with it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  6. #561
    Horrific Experiment JCAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,781

    Default

    My neighbor is feeling a lot better. He did lose a lot of weight, but at 80 that's better than a lot of the alternatives.
    My other neighbor's sister has it. We're all basically hiding in our apartments like rabbits at this point.

  7. #562
    Invincible Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    My husband and I have been, as we jokingly call it, 'living the hermit's life'. Occasionally I run into people I know when I go out into town to do needed errands, supermarket, post office, and so on. We also walk the dogs and try to get outside when we can. Otherwise we social distance as much as possible.

    It's become second nature to remind each other to wear masks and to wash hands when we come home.

    i do miss having the freedom to intereact with people in person, but not enough that it bothers me. What bothers me more are people who act as if there is no pandemic. Luckily they are few, adn for the most part my town has been pretty good about sticking to the rules, as far as I know.

    No sign of businesses going under so far, thank goodness, but I imagine it's been hard on them.

    Still, I welcome stricter restrictions. Maybe becasue the virus still gives me nightmares, but I want us to have this under control as soon as possible.
    I still beleive that Trump, through lazy negligence, ignorance, arrogance, or personal self-interest, has been intentionally trying to kill off as many Americasn as he can.

    It's a shame that he'll never be held accountable for this, though if that happens I'd be fine with it.
    While talking to my brother, we came to the conclusion that they should just show folks The Last Man On Earth and tell folks they need to do what they see Dr. Robert Morgan doing.

  8. #563
    Invincible Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    My neighbor is feeling a lot better. He did lose a lot of weight, but at 80 that's better than a lot of the alternatives.
    My other neighbor's sister has it. We're all basically hiding in our apartments like rabbits at this point.
    Here's to hoping that it's the only hit he takes for quite a while.

  9. #564
    Extraordinary Member Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,020

    Default

    We’re getting the announcement tomorrow. Going back on a pretty strict lockdown.

    And to be clear, I am all for it.
    Last edited by Joker; 11-15-2020 at 01:09 AM.

  10. #565
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    23,075

    Default

    Things will be getting tighter here in Philadelphia starting on Friday and last until at least January 1st:

    —no indoor gatherings, public or private
    —outdoor gatherings limited to 10 percent
    —no indoor dining
    —no attendance at any sporting events
    —gyms, museums and libraries closed
    —working at home only
    —high schools and colleges online only

    Not exactly a lockdown, full or partial, but these restrictions might well be the next harshest thing.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  11. #566
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    16,504

    Default

    Just got an announcement from my phone about not leaving the house unless it's necessary. It came over the same alert they give for storm warnings and amber alerts ( and curfew).

  12. #567
    Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    416

    Default

    I'm dealing with severe complex PTSD, and I have no family of any kind. The loss of in-person contact, community, and therapy has severed the threads that were giving me a reason to keep trying.

  13. #568
    Invincible Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Just got an announcement from my phone about not leaving the house unless it's necessary. It came over the same alert they give for storm warnings and amber alerts ( and curfew).
    Yep.

    It seems like they are trying to get as close to a "Non-Voluntary..." directive while keeping things technically "Voluntary..."

    That said, it's probably not the worst idea.

  14. #569
    Extraordinary Member Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    I'm dealing with severe complex PTSD, and I have no family of any kind. The loss of in-person contact, community, and therapy has severed the threads that were giving me a reason to keep trying.
    This is temporary. Can you not do your therapy over the phone or computer?

  15. #570
    Mighty Member C_Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    I'm dealing with severe complex PTSD, and I have no family of any kind. The loss of in-person contact, community, and therapy has severed the threads that were giving me a reason to keep trying.
    I know these things are different for everyone, but I have seen myself strengthening my personal relationships through the pandemic. My best friend moved for Virginia about three years ago now and our friendship was maintained through infrequent texts, a phone call here and there, a yearly long weekend and a couple hours when she would come back up to visit family. Because of the pandemic, we now have bi-weekly video chats where we catch up for 2-3 hours. I've also done virtual movie nights and game nights with multiple groups of friends over the course of the last year, which I hadn't done in person since college.

    I empathize with the struggles with therapy, but there are a lot of options now. I hope you are able to find one of those options that works for you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •