Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Some of my co-workers have been put on furlough. Not me, yet, but I would guess that could happen in the next few weeks.

It's not the companies' fault. I don't see how companies can close for business but keep their full staff on salary.

Of course, it will be interesting to see how many of the top management goes on furlough or if it's just for the little guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Some of my co-workers have been put on furlough. Not me, yet, but I would guess that could happen in the next few weeks.

It's not the companies' fault. I don't see how companies can close for business but keep their full staff on salary.

Of course, it will be interesting to see how many of the top management goes on furlough or if it's just for the little guy
    You know the CEOs of these huge companies are still going to get there big fat bonus checks. I wonder how much of the bailout from the stimulus package is going to go in their pockets.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It scares the heck out of me, that's how it is affecting me right now.
    It weighs on my mind. A lot. I find it hard to concentrate, wondering how long it's going to have to go on, and what the world will look like on the other side of it.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    You know the CEOs of these huge companies are still going to get there big fat bonus checks. I wonder how much of the bailout from the stimulus package is going to go in their pockets.
    All depends how long this crisis will last…

It it lasts too long, the CEOs of the huge companies will soon learn that they are nothing without the little guys…

But we start to learn it: what are we without the shopkeepers, garbage collectors, nurses…?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Almost every one of these would make an awesome band name.
    If I had a band, I would call it the Kanga-Bat Murder Society.
    Dibs on "Orangutan Surfing Civilization".

Jaguar Sun Cult.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Jaguar Sun Cult.
    Ohhh that's a good choice.

Getting very tired of working and not seeing my family. I'm eating breakfast right now and about to go on my 6th day straight of 12 hr shifts. I get tomorrow off and then another 2 12 hr shifts. Then one day off and 4 more 12 hr shifts. All while being at extreme risk for infection. Several of my co-workers are currently in quarantine due to known exposures, they also won't be tested unless they show symptoms, which is why the rest of us are working so much as our job can't go unfilled so we have to pick up their shifts. Get up, eat, go to work, come home, sleep. Rinse repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post

Of course, it will be interesting to see how many of the top management goes on furlough or if it's just for the little guy.

Yeah, our work hours have been cut down in my company. It's because the only laboratory work that's at high volume right now is COVID, which my lab doesn't do (That's clinical, we're anatomical).....I don't blame our company, though. They tried their best to make things work by getting us new computer equipment to take home and such, there's just nothing to work on.

I'm pretty nonchalant about this, though. I see it as easy 2hr-4hr workdays, and I relax while binge-watching all the shows I've been needing to catch up on via the streaming services. I canceled Disney+, Hulu, and Criterion Channel, so I'm going to try to binge Legion & The Handmaid's Tale before my Hulu subscription goes out. After that, it's all Netflix & HBO, as well as my blu-ray library.

I'm also going to try to divert the majority of my payments away from my bank account and onto my credit cards, so as to minimize the monthly payments I'm doing until this blows over, just in case. It'll accrue interest, but c'est la vie.

Incredible Member

The CEO of the company I work for has cut his own salary to $1 for the rest of the year. So they aren't all bad.
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

iMan 42s

Over here in Maryland we have a curfew now at 8pm. So naturally for work our hours had to be cut (again). This isn't all doom and gloom though as our work hours simply adapted to the new ones. We still open at the same time and still get an 8 hour shift in but the only difference being is that I overlap with the morning shift guys a bit more. We also got provided with a letter from the boss so in the event we get pulled over and the cop doesn't think I or my coworkers are going to work, they know to call the boss and get yelled at for holding me up.
    We also benefit for being essential but the overhead just isn't that bad. So nobody had to take a paycut (probably just jinxed myself) and Store hours didn't change to cut people's hours. So basically everyone still has a job we just wrap up an hour earlier with more money made that day cause we're the only game in town.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Massachusetts announced the extension of their stay-at-home and non-essential business closures until May 4th. So I'm out of work for an addition 4 weeks.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Massachusetts announced the extension of their stay-at-home and non-essential business closures until May 4th. So I'm out of work for an addition 4 weeks.
    Can you get unemployment? I would get on that ASAP at this point. There’s no telling when this ends and MA in my experience has good benefits anyways before the additions the stimulus added

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Allen View Post
    The CEO of the company I work for has cut his own salary to $1 for the rest of the year. So they aren't all bad.
    What company is this if I may ask? Because if I have the choice between someone like that and one of the ' you poors need to die so that my stock portfolio might live' crowd I know who I'd rather have to send my money to.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Can you get unemployment? I would get on that ASAP at this point. There’s no telling when this ends and MA in my experience has good benefits anyways before the additions the stimulus added
    My aunt is out of work and trying to sign up for unemployment, and she says it's incredibly hard right now. They're incredibly overwhelmed, it could take days just to get in contact with anyone. Once you do you might end up getting the run around. She needed to contact her ex-employer, who wasn't in the office for obvious reasons; and then she needed to fax them some documents, how hard could it be to find a fax machine during the apocalypse.

Good luck getting everything in order. This could be a long one.