Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    NV too but some people refuse to. A Wal-Mart greeter told me Wal-Mart has a policy to not prevent maskless people from entering so sometimes you'll see someone without a mask.
    Wal-Mart is stupid then.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The UK has different rules on wearing masks. In England it is only compulsory to wear a mask on public transport (which should only be used for essential journeys anyway).

Masks were incredibly hard to find and it was only about a month ago I found some on sale in a pharmacy.

I wear one whenever I go into a shop but doing so doesn't make me feel or act less cautiously.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    NV too but some people refuse to. A Wal-Mart greeter told me Wal-Mart has a policy to not prevent maskless people from entering so sometimes you'll see someone without a mask.
    I guess the Texas never got that memo-I have YET to go into a Wal-mart and NOT see a person wearing a mask-I even saw a person wearing a face shield.

In fact I have to see anyone complain about wearing one in any store I go to.

Inclduing the store I was in that got robbed. How do you rob a store having an everything to $4.44 sale of new clothes? And the store told the cop that will press charges.

Indirectly at first. My job saw reduced business aside from people stockpiling Lysol, water and tissue. Around the time the quarantine started however my IT class began meeting strictly online via Skype which wasn't too bad I suppose.

Now I'm going to split the blame between the governor opening the state prematurely and carelessness on my mother's side, she recently tested positive for Covid. Her and her boyfriend were constantly going going to functions their bike group hosted and another member in the group tested positive so I guess it was only a matter of time. Since we all live together at the moment I informed my job and as expected of this company they continued to let me work. Ridiculous I know but I plan on getting tested and self quarantining if needed.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Ultimate Member

Mom has the virus.....

Hope your mom is gonna be ok.

A friend of mine in his 20s was hospitalized and given oxygen yesterday.
    Last edited by SquirrelMan; 07-11-2020 at 11:36 AM.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

The store I work at is on edge now. One of the employees may have tested positive, and management isn't giving any information.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Extraordinary Member

COVID helped me choose my life path to be fair. I was unsure before but it has reinforced my desire to work in X/Y industry.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    The store I work at is on edge now. One of the employees may have tested positive, and management isn't giving any information.
    Isn't that some sort of violation?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Isn't that some sort of violation?
    Yes and no.

It depends on the state but for all intent-if that infected person is still working with everyone-they should know. Also anyone who worked around that person should know.

One restaurant I went to they had everybody sign in. So if an infection happened-they would call folks who were there that day just to be safe.

Hope your mom is gonna be ok.
    Thanks

We are still trying to figure out how she got it,the hospital is going to try a test that could tells us when it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Mom has the virus.....
    I hope she's managing it well. My mother had to go to the ER the other night but they released her and she's doing a bit better. Also I just received the results for my little sister and myself and we're both negative.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

My LCS is doing contact tracing. Every new customer has to sign in. Those of us who are regular customers, the owner already has our phone numbers and addresses.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Fantastic Member

I haven't been going out much since the pandemic started. The first time I actually went somewhere in months was a few weeks ago to get my haircut.

Aside from imbeciles still claiming the virus to be a hoax or refusing to wear a mask because they feel it violates their freedom, one of the biggest problems is that a huge chunk of the public treats opening back up as "virus defeated and over - no more social distancing, no more masks, no more anything ever again." As if everything is back to normal. That's not how it works.

There are also a few things people refuse to understand. The first thing is just because someone doesn't feel sick, doesn't mean they don't have Covid-19. For instance, a few weeks ago, comedian DL Hughley passed out from dehydration at a comedy club and upon being admitted to the hospital found out he was positive without showing any of the symptoms associated with it. Second thing they refuse to get is that the masks aren't for them not to get sick, they're for them not to get others sick if they accidentally spit on them or on things that they touch. Because people can still pass on the virus to others before showing any symptoms. The third thing they refuse to get is that even if someone catches the virus and survives, there's no telling what long term effects it can have on them. And of course the last thing they refuse to get is that if they actually be more level headed and act rationally, the less the virus will spread before restrictions will be eased.

Sorry for the rant, I've just been reading articles about how Covid 19 deniers end up actually catching it and those that think like them claim the stories to be fake and it just kinda irritated me. I'm in Michigan, one of the states where it's mandatory to wear masks. And we were actually initially one of the few states that was on track to containing the virus. And our governor just put out an order that refuse to wear on mask will face a $500 fine. And of course, that pissed off a lot of anti-mask people.
    Last edited by KCJ506; 07-12-2020 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Mom has the virus.....
    I hope your mom does well and makes a full recovery.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

It's just astounding how stupidly we in the US are handling this. The willful ignorance is just off the charts.

I'm not sure we deserve to live.