Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Bow fencing is vastly overrated in my experience.
    It's an elegant sport that takes skill, cunning, and you can get the whole neighbor hood involved and still fallow local, state, and federal guidelines.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Intermediary

I was let go from my job on Friday because my old boss is retiring and new management doesnt want people to loyal to him around

using COVID as an excuse to "make some changes"

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    I was let go from my job on Friday because my old boss is retiring and new management doesnt want people to loyal to him around

I was also let go because I just started at the job and all newbies were divorced from the company. Also I met a really great woman and hurt her feelings as I traditionally do. She's an hour drive away and I have no hopes of saying sorry in person the next few days

Oh dudes, shame for your jobs. Wish you best.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I was also let go because I just started at the job and all newbies were divorced from the company. Also I met a really great woman and hurt her feelings as I traditionally do. She's an hour drive away and I have no hopes of saying sorry in person the next few days
    I am so sorry for both of you. Best hopes for you.

Spectacular Member

I am on getting my first unemployment payment tomorrow and it shows the extra money from the stimulus package.

Invincible Member

Sorry to hear about that. I'm starting to wonder if something like that might happen at my job if the shut down lasts a long time. Like when they finally re-open the office, if they won't replace some of us with lower paid new employees.

Invincible Member

A couple of grocery stores around here are getting a little more strict on social distancing. Even though all the cashiers are open they're enforcing only one line and there's marking on the floor suggesting how far to stand apart.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    A couple of grocery stores around here are getting a little more strict on social distancing. Even though all the cashiers are open they're enforcing only one line and there's marking on the floor suggesting how far to stand apart.
    Yep, my local store has started limiting how many people can be in the store at once this week after starting the markings on the floor over the past couple of weeks.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Still working, but it is strained because we have to deal with many strangers coming in every day and without protection. At first protection was not even allowed because "we don't want to scare people". Now it is allowed but not going to arrive for at least another week? To make it worse, I have a feeling that the PPE will be sourced from China and the news has been rife with their PPE and other medical items being anything from faulty to actually having the virus in it. So I'm still debating whether to take the protection anyway.
    Then I saw the new video on YouTube from investigative reporters and am....well, frankly am more scared now than I was back in January when I first heard of this virus because now at the very least I know how the monster manages to spread and kill so quickly.

God help us all. They have created Frankenstein's monsters. As a species, we are absolute idiots.

[Exclusive investigative report] The first documentary movie on the origin of CCP virus(Coronavirus)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMJ0EmMfb3U
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Retired

I'm so fortunate to live in a country where we have leaders that talk to the media everyday and give clear answers, without talking about their poll ratings or the latest wonder drug they want to sell us.

In today's 3 o'clock briefing the province's Chief Health Officer and Health Minister patiently explained, in answer to a question from a reporter, how they are sourcing the PPE and the health and safety measures they take before they send it to health care workers. They do all that checking, to make sure it is the PPE they need and that it will protect workers. This delays getting the PPE to those that need it, but they must ensure it's what they require for the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/somegarbage
    Cool. Cool cool cool.

Before anyone bothers, this is by Epoch News. They like conspiracy theories, anti vax propaganda, anti China Sentiment, and support for Far Right movements throughout Europe.

If that's your thing... just don't click on it expecting anything worthwhile.

Invincible Member

Liquor sales after 9pm have now been banned in Chicago. It wasn't happening in my neighborhood but I guess in some places too many people were congregating together outside of Liquor Stores.

For all of those still confused about the stimulus checks like who will get it and not get it here is an article I found very helpful And it is from USA Today so despite what Trump says it is not fake news. I hope this helps.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ut/5112027002/
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I've been working from home going on three weeks, and it has been an adjustment. I prefer work and home to be separate. For years I've been able to work from home in a limited capacity but I miss my office.

The biggest adjustment is keeping up with the 50+ employees that I co-supervise and keeping up with my own duties/workload. I live with my partner and my brother and they are also working from home. My bro is a professor so he's always recording teaching videos which can be distracting. Luckily my partner works for the same agency I do so our work is somewhat similar (though we are in different divisions and I'm in a supervisor/management position).

I am very fortunate to have a career that was able to transition to working from home (as a hopefully temporary measure). I feel for those who are still required to go into work and for those who have lost their jobs.