Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Here in New York State, and especially in New York City, the number of cases has exploded so rapidly.

When I was first talking about this with my friends about a month ago, there were only 30 cases reported, and I think that was statewide.

A month later, there's about 103,000 cases in NYS.
    Yeah, I remember... I was floored. not that I was ignorant but I never thought it would get in those numbers so soon. It was the same for CT, though of course it wasn't as bad as NY but all I remember is one moment we had our first case in my dads home town and the next we have cases in the thousands. Extra good luck to NY and Cali residents and other popular places.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Is there someone that can get that stuff for you?

But you are right-it does seem as very little has changed.

I have heard parties, shootings and the few times I have been out-folks were around. I have to get meds today too and this will be the furthest I have gone since March 23th.
    Thanks for your concern. No, I don't unfortunately. The person who used to be able to take me to the grocery store can't anymore. As my fm symptoms have increased I was taking the bus and walking less at the time and I was lucky to have this person. Just before COVID I got myself used to doing those things again, symptoms or no. But since the breakout now I don't take the bus at all. I would sometimes use the local Peapod grocery delivery service, but its unpredictable now since so many people have been using it now to keep themselves indoors, basically overbooked. I don't know when I'll be waiting 4 days or more before they can even deliver my order. So I would have to go out to get food anyway just to tide me over. Plus, add that the selection is limited and more expensive, and then the delivery fee I really couldn't afford it anyway. Its just not that dependable, and the added expense isn't worth it if you aren't really getting the convenience/safety. The Shoprite delivery was cheaper/ had more items but that website was never fixed properly so I don't even bother.

Its never a bad time to party I guess... and shootings too, that stinks. I used to live in an area where I had to deal with those things a lot more. I'm lucky where I live now is better. Good luck on getting your medications and stay as safe as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I'm in a similar situation. I don't have to travel as far to go shopping, and the store isn't as crowded, however it is still hard to maintain the 6ft distance rule. My SM has signs up everywhere reminding people to do so, and they are trying to do what they can. It's gradually getting better as people go shopping less often, but it's still scary.

I don't go as often as I used to, and my husband and I take turns instead fo going together.
    Yeah, a Big Y just had its grand opening here before COVID and they had the distancing signs at checkout. I got a couple of things there that the Aldi's next door doesn't have. It was a beautiful day that day though, usually I would be getting an ice coffee and soaking in the rays. Sorry you have a similar situation right now, it can be tough. I wish you luck but you and your husband seem to have good sense with your shopping strategy. I have actually seen elderly couples and I worry for them and their relatives. Be safe.

-

All our grocery stores here have been pretty well stocked, at least at our end of town. The other end doesn't seem as good. Those little IGAs down there I imagine are packed like sardines with not enough space to do any adequate social distancing and I hear they are constantly running out of things.

Edit: That was supposed to be COVID
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-06-2020 at 07:24 PM.

My g/f just told me that one of her co-workers, whom we sometimes give a ride home, as we live around the corner from her, has called in sick for the last three days and is now scheduling a test for Covid 19. So if she tests positive, then my g/f and I will have to get tested, as we've been exposed to her. The last time we gave her a ride home was about a week ago, so she could have passed it on to us before symptoms started to show.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    My g/f just told me that one of her co-workers, whom we sometimes give a ride home, as we live around the corner from her, has called in sick for the last three days and is now scheduling a test for Covid 19. So if she tests positive, then my g/f and I will have to get tested, as we've been exposed to her. The last time we gave her a ride home was about a week ago, so she could have passed it on to us before symptoms started to show.
    Man that rough. I wish you lots of luck.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Man that rough. I wish you lots of luck.
    Thanks. My g/f's aunt, who works at the same place as I do, tested negative two weeks ago, so I'm hoping our luck keeps up.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Thanks. My g/f's aunt, who works at the same place as I do, tested negative two weeks ago, so I'm hoping our luck keeps up.
    Wish you luck as well. If you get it... its not the Black Death, you'll survive

I miss new comics.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Take care! Stay safe!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

With all these businesses shutting down, USPS isn't making money and they aren't getting a dime from the stimulus check. USPS says they'll run out of money by June.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    With all these businesses shutting down, USPS isn't making money and they aren't getting a dime from the stimulus check. USPS says they'll run out of money by June.
    The USPS has had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel for years now, but I seriously doubt Washington will let's the country's postal system go completely belly up. I'd sooner bail out the USPS instead of the airlines or the auto industry. Not everybody can afford to fly or own a car, but just about everyone needs to mail letters and packages or buy stamps and money orders along with other services the Post Office provides.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 04-06-2020 at 07:58 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I miss new comics.
    I've actually kind of surprised how little I miss new comics. What I do miss is the little community developed at my store and I have been enjoying taking the opportunity to read through some back issues and classic stuff that I've had lying around. It's definitely going make me adjust my buying habits when this whole thing is over.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The USPS has had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel for years now, but I seriously doubt Washington will let's the country's postal system go completely belly up. I'd sooner bail out the USPS instead of the airlines or the auto industry. Not everybody can afford to fly or own a car, but just about everyone needs to mail letters and packages or buy stamps and money orders along with other services the Post Office provides.
    This must be said. The Republican Congress has tried to kill the USPS. They insisted they have 75 years worth of pension money. (Pension money for workers not even born yet.) At the same time they do not require any corporation to have ANY pension money saved. This is a ridiculous requirement, meant to put them in financial straits. The next Dem Congress/Senate must fix this.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I also have far more luck with USPS than I do with either of the two major mail corporations. But corporations are fetishized in the Cult of the Market that we currently have, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I've actually kind of surprised how little I miss new comics... It's definitely going make me adjust my buying habits when this whole thing is over.
    I quickly found other hobbies to take up my time/$$. I suspect so will others.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    I quickly found other hobbies to take up my time/$$. I suspect so will others.
    You bet, that's a very good opportinuty for people to do those things they always wanted to do but never had the time. Like drawing, playing guitar, chainsaw fencing.

They key of a happy life is your own capacity to find something good out of something bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This must be said. The Republican Congress has tried to kill the USPS. They insisted they have 75 years worth of pension money. (Pension money for workers not even born yet.) At the same time they do not require any corporation to have ANY pension money saved. This is a ridiculous requirement, meant to put them in financial straits. The next Dem Congress/Senate must fix this.
    Actually that's not entirely true, solvent businesses do have to have saved pension https://www.forbes.com/sites/ebauer/.../#825d8b017468