Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
According to an article on CNN.com People on Social security who did not file taxes will still get it. They will go off the Social Security benefits statements. My case manager is saying the same thing. So they should get them.
In my post that you responded to, I meant my parents did file their 2018 & 2019 taxes, so they're getting it, either way (If they're to receive anything).......What you mentioned is definitely ideal for elderly citizens who hadn't filed. I'm surprised the government gave some leeway on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
The Armistice was signed on November 11th, 1918 (the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month, as every good Canadian student knows) ending the war on the Western Front. The Treaty of Versailles was signed on June 28, 1919 and didn't take effect until January 10, 1920.

But yes the flu began before that and then continued until 1920. In fact it was already spreading through the military camps in Europe in 1917. As far as Canada goes (from what I read), in the spring of 1918, the first wave of the flu hit in Halifax, Quebec City and Montréal, then spread to the west across the Dominion. The virus then mutated and an even more deadly version of the flu hit in the fall of 1918, killing the most people. A third wave hit in the spring of 1919 and a fourth wave in the spring of 2020.
I wonder if that's a portent of things to come with Covid-19.