Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thrusday is my birthday. I was going to spend it with my mo but her home is on lock down. That makes me very sad. We we going to have a nice dinner and watch the reds game. Its not as huge as the people out of work but I hardly see my mother. The Little things get me down.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Thrusday is my birthday. I was going to spend it with my mo but her home is on lock down. That makes me very sad. We we going to have a nice dinner and watch the reds game. Its not as huge as the people out of work but I hardly see my mother. The Little things get me down.
    As long as the both of you stay healthy, you can look forward to spending your next birthday together. Oh, and Happy Birthday!
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As long as the both of you stay healthy, you can look forward to spending your next birthday together. Oh, and Happy Birthday!
    Thank You
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Thank You
    Happy Birthday!
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

The library system I work for will be closed at least through April and I have to "work" from home.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, it was one week ago today that I began teleworking, though not by choice, more like an order as the command I work for mandated it. I have to say I don't much like it so far, I'm used to going to the office, being with co-workers, chatting sports with buddies and whatnot, hell, I don't even mind the 45 minute commute there and back. Short and sweet, it's what I'm used to, and working from home just doesn't suit me. But, I do as I'm told, plain and simple, at least I still have a job and not unemployed like scores of people unfortunate enough to be in retail with practically EVERY business that isn't declared essential shut down.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    What company is this if I may ask? Because if I have the choice between someone like that and one of the ' you poors need to die so that my stock portfolio might live' crowd I know who I'd rather have to send my money to.
    The company is CDK Global (https://www.cdkglobal.com) but we don't sell anything to the general public. You won't do any business with us unless you own a vehicle dealership.
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

Invincible Member

I went to buy groceries this morning and one of the stores I went to installed clear plastic shields at the registers to protect the cashiers.

Well, our company just fired 2 of my 3 supervisors (So there's now 1 supervisor in my dept) and 5 other people in my dept in order to cut costs due to the low volume.....This'll be interesting. What does the future portend for myself and my coworkers? I need to ask what's going on in the other departments, lol.

I do know our lab, even though it's anatomical, is making plans to try to implement COVID testing, as that's the only consistent work going on in the laboratory industry right now. All other forms of testing are almost dead.

Anyway, time to watch more Legion! And I need to read the comics that arrived from my LCS (Had to do a mail-in order since the US government incorrectly perceives comic shops as non-essential).

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Can you get unemployment? I would get on that ASAP at this point. There’s no telling when this ends and MA in my experience has good benefits anyways before the additions the stimulus added
    I've already filed. Assuming nothing gets messed up, I should be getting the first payment this week. Obviously less than what I normally make in a week but with judicious spending and the fact that almost every place that I spend discretionary money being closed, I think I'll be okay. Time will tell I guess.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    My aunt is out of work and trying to sign up for unemployment, and she says it's incredibly hard right now. They're incredibly overwhelmed, it could take days just to get in contact with anyone. Once you do you might end up getting the run around. She needed to contact her ex-employer, who wasn't in the office for obvious reasons; and then she needed to fax them some documents, how hard could it be to find a fax machine during the apocalypse.

Good luck getting everything in order. This could be a long one.
    I filed online last Tuesday, the first day I was out of work. I was finished applying rather quickly and later that afternoon I was notified by email that I'd been approved and a second email told me the rate I would be receiving. I filed for the first claim week this past Sunday (first day I was allowed to do so) and it told me it should be 5 days for the money to be deposited. Guess we'll see what happens on Friday.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I went to buy groceries this morning and one of the stores I went to installed clear plastic shields at the registers to protect the cashiers.
    Yep, most places seem to be doing that. My local store had them installed late last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Yep, most places seem to be doing that. My local store had them installed late last week.
    I hear those plastic shields are almost as hard to get as toilet paper by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I filed online last Tuesday, the first day I was out of work. I was finished applying rather quickly and later that afternoon I was notified by email that I'd been approved and a second email told me the rate I would be receiving. I filed for the first claim week this past Sunday (first day I was allowed to do so) and it told me it should be 5 days for the money to be deposited. Guess we'll see what happens on Friday.

What do they base your unemployment checks on? Previous year's tax returns, last couple months of paychecks?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    What do they base your unemployment checks on? Previous year's tax returns, last couple months of paychecks?
    I believe they contact the employer and go from there. I know that it is basically about 2/3 of what I usually make.