Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

A conversation w. my youngest son earlier today...:

Him: “Man, I just thought, in 50 years when I’m as old as you, my kids’ll be learning about the pandemic of 2020 in school and I’ll be like, I lived through it”.

Me: “True, but, in 50 years you’ll be way older than I am now”.

Him: ”Dad, no one’s older than as you are now”.

Me: “STFU”.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Well, my parents and sisters are housebound as are my wife's parents. My wife and I are classed as ''essential'' workers so we have to go to work and leave our two kids and Bertie with our neighbour whilst we're in work. So far at least we've been okay in terms of our family not being hit with the virus yet so fingers crossed that continues.

Haven't gotten the stimulus check yet, but received my first federal unemployment bonus which was a relief.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Haven't gotten the stimulus check yet, but received my first federal unemployment bonus which was a relief.
    Same here. It went to pay bills, save what I set aside to go towards any taxes.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Incredible Member

According to our bank's website, our stimulus checks will be direct-deposited tomorrow, the 15th.
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

My bank's website apologized for how slow it's loading, due to the increased traffic of depositors trying to find out if our stimulus checks went through.
    Watching television is not an activity.

I got my stimulus today. Most of it was shoved into my savings to earn a little interest before I need it, and I payed my mortgage a little early this month with the rest.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Got my stimulus check today, I'm actually in a good spot now. With that and the unemployment bonus, I can ride this out till I can go back to work.

Retired

Interesting semantic difference between your "stimulus checks" and our CERB cheques. CERB stands for Canada Emergency Response Benefit. In other words, it's a response to an emergency--it's not a stimulus. It's a cheque so you will stay home and not go out hunting for work so you can buy the necessities of life. Stimulus would mean the government is trying to stimulate the economy--which can't be done in an emergency--you don't want people going out to buy luxury items in a pandemic (or having them delivered to your door, which means endangering the health of workers for non-essential reasons).

I don't get a CERB. I could. It's easy from what I hear. You just go online, fill out the application and voila you get the money in your account a couple days later. You don't need to prove you really need the CERB. However, afterwards, if you made a false claim then it will be clawed back (and perhaps there will be a further penalty).

I did get a renewal form for my housing subsidy--which is a bother. We don't have to pay taxes yet, but I have to fill out my housing renewal, so I had to do my taxes anyway to calculate my earnings. And now I have to track down my landlady and have her physically sign the form to attest how much I pay in rent. That seems like a lot more physical contact than I want in my life right now. And if I don't get all this done in time for the deadline, I lose my subsidy and have to begin the application process all over again.

Got the maximum amount for a family of 4. Nice to get it. After bills get clobbered, we'll see.

Just got off a call with my counter part in Dubai. They are not allowed to leave their home without a government permit even if it is to get food. So he has basically been stuck in his apartment for the last 4 week with not so great internet to work with. Also we can not move product out of India due to the whole country being locked down with noting going in or coming out. Internationally starting to feel some not so great effects. Industry wide there are reports of massive lay offs, my company has not seen as many due to being so big internationally but with the tighten of the over seas markets and a price war brewing between a few countries I'm sure it wont be long till it hits us.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    The stimulus check is peanuts but that CARES Act bonus will be helpful.

I haven't gotten the stimulus check. But it won't be stimulating much as it will go towards paying bills when it does show up. I think I'll be in the last round of checks though so I've got a wait still.

EDIT: 12:28 PM - I stand corrected. I just checked with the bank and for reasons passing understanding because of what the government said were the guidelines for who gets the money first, I actually did get the stimulus today.
    Last edited by Deathstroke; 04-15-2020 at 09:29 AM.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I havnt gotten mine yet but I am on Social Security so I think it will be awhile If anyone has any heads up on when SS people get theirs that would be a great help. My sister got hers. The Max amount for a family of 4. I am very happy for her as she paid next month's rent already and paid som bills she was behind on.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

For those who haven't gotten their checks yet, irs.gov finally has the tracker up. So you can see when you're getting a check and also give them your direct deposit info if you didn't have it for taxes this year.