Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Good luck to you both.
    Thanks to both you and Paul. I should get the results in two to six days.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Welp, it's finally worked it's way far enough out into rural Missouri to hit my county. I wasn't foolish enough to think we were immune, but it's still a shock. Eight cases right now from what I just heard on the news. I know one guy who works at the local meat plant (of course) that's sick. He's going to get tested soon (finger's crossed). The plant's one of the major employers in the area, if it's in there it's everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Got tested today. I have no symptoms, but as an essential worker, I had to get tested. If it turns out I'm positive, I'm considering urging my g/f to stay with her sister for the next two weeks, as she has asthma and diabetes, and I would not want to risk passing it on to her.
    Oh no, I hope everything will be ok.

Back to work fully and it's admittedly scary. Work as an Account Manager in the Automotive industry, Michigan's been strict on the stay at home order but gave manufacturing the okay to return last week (Manufacturing makes up 20% of the state economy.)

Company has taken it seriously, mandatory masks, temperature checks, risk assessments before you can clock in. Still hearing what some co-workers/employees have been doing. I had two separate workers we had to send home immediately because they were at parties where they knew someone had Covid19. I was just stunned at the foolishness, despite all the safety precautions I'm anxious about having to go back.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Blanket best wishes for folks who are in tough spots.

Life, without the current curve ball in play, is usually hard enough. Crossing my fingers for folks who are in the middle of an even harder time.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Right, because there’s literally only two options, and they’re, of course, polar opposites.
    For some it's go to work or get fired and be denied unemployment.

That’s not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about counties within states. It’s like having a peeing section of the swimming pool.
    I am in Texas we got 36 counties that have zero infections.

With about another 20 with less than 10.

And what is funny El Paso has a ton and NONE of the 15 counties near it have any infections.

Looking at some of those counties about 3 have more than 20K.

They are also towns where your major sports team is a minor league team or the local high school team that always produces at least 1 NBA or NFL or MLB player.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Blanket best wishes for folks who are in tough spots.

Life, without the current curve ball in play, is usually hard enough. Crossing my fingers for folks who are in the middle of an even harder time.
    Thanks. Here in Philly, the city is considered one of the state's hot spots for the virus and remains on lockdown until early June, and even that estimated date isn't written in stone. I'm lucky to be employed and working from home, but for people who've been sidelined, it's been rough as hell.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I'm going back to work today for a couple of hours. I'll be alone and I'm not opening, but I'll be sorting through some back issues that we haven't had a chance to look at. Next week, I'll likely be able to be in the store with customers, but just curbside pickup for now. I know the governor couldn't care less about comics, but it's nice that some of the restrictions lift at the same time Diamond is going to kick back up again.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Oh no, I hope everything will be ok.
    Thanks. So far, everyone I know who's been tested, has come back negative, so I'm optimitstic.

Just got word that my LCBS will get books from Diamond starting next week. But they can't open until mid June. So they will hold them or ship for a fee.
    I will wait to see how many books I actually am getting, some weeks I only get 1 or 2.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I drove past a local Chinese restaurant today that I often order take-out from. They've been closed since mid March, but they now have a sign out front that they will re-open May 21st. Not sure how it will work, but I do look forward to giving them my business again.

I drove past a local Chinese restaurant today that I often order take-out from. They've been closed since mid March, but they now have a sign out front that they will re-open May 21st. Not sure how it will work, but I do look forward to giving them my business again.
    There is a nice Korean hole-in-the-wall I go to in St. George that is still open - I plan on getting lunch there next Thursday. I have to be up there for a recall-based auto repair and I plan on hitting the farmer's market (finally open again after being shut down for the winter season. sooo much better than supermarket produce) and the butcher (if they have anything), as well as Costco. Then I travel to Vegas to visit my parents now that the shutdown order is being relaxed, but I don't plan on doing to much there besides the family visit (which would be put on hold again if either the shelter in place is reinstated or someone gets sick). My two other stops in Vegas are a quick trip to a Halal shop for lamb, and takeout from Pho King.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    There is a nice Korean hole-in-the-wall I go to in St. George that is still open - I plan on getting lunch there next Thursday. I have to be up there for a recall-based auto repair and I plan on hitting the farmer's market (finally open again after being shut down for the winter season. sooo much better than supermarket produce) and the butcher (if they have anything), as well as Costco. Then I travel to Vegas to visit my parents now that the shutdown order is being relaxed, but I don't plan on doing to much there besides the family visit (which would be put on hold again if either the shelter in place is reinstated or someone gets sick). My two other stops in Vegas are a quick trip to a Halal shop for lamb, and takeout from Pho King.
    Is that really the name of the place? Pho King? Are they aware of what that might sound like in English? "Let's go to the Pho King restaurant!"

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Is that really the name of the place? Pho King? Are they aware of what that might sound like in English? "Let's go to the Pho King restaurant!"
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That was funny!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It's entirely intentional - not only do the people there speak excellent English (I think they are second or even third generation Vietnamese-Americans judging by age) but the website for the restaurant used to be phokinggud.com - although that's now the instagram hashtag. There is another place in Beaverton, Oregon called Pho King Good (which I only know from the website redirect, I can't comment on the quality).
    Dark does not mean deep.