Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Corona has cost me a friendship. I'm impatient and stressed without a killervirus and I moved to a new city (Nuremberg) and the one guy I know or consider a friend there does not want to meet in person. We've known each other for two years and he invited me to his wedding. After months of begging him (we're both at home 24/7 since COVID) to meet in person for a walk or a run I called him a coward and I don't need another coward in my life. Life is still possible. You take precautions and move on with your ****.
    People are scared, not knowing who's a carrier or who's not, plus the fear of a second wave compounded by the lack of a vaccine or cure. I would suggest you try to see things from his point of view and be more understanding of his concerns. Not everybody is ready to return to whatever normal was before the pandemic hit, some might never return. That's just the way things are today.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

I see my hair dresser with her entire family in The grocery store without masks. They are participating in public sporting events. Despite giving this person two decades of my business, I had to cancel all my future appointments with her. She just doesn't get how disrespectful she's being.
    Last edited by JamesonAnders; 05-26-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Corona has cost me a friendship. I'm impatient and stressed without a killervirus and I moved to a new city (Nuremberg) and the one guy I know or consider a friend there does not want to meet in person. We've known each other for two years and he invited me to his wedding. After months of begging him (we're both at home 24/7 since COVID) to meet in person for a walk or a run I called him a coward and I don't need another coward in my life. Life is still possible. You take precautions and move on with your ****.
    I hope you aren't surprised by this.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

You take precautions...
    Indeed. Sounds like your "friend" was doing this. "Precautions" means no unnecessary physical interaction, especially between people that don't otherwise interact. I wouldn't end a friendship over something as silly as this.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

LOL yikes!!!!! I’m very happy that this dude got away from you

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Yeah. I'm not sure I'd want to be your friend after that either. As restrictions loosen, it's up to the individual person to decide their own limits and boundaries. It sounds like he made his, which are incredibly reasonable. You have no right to berate him.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Indeed. Sounds like your "friend" was doing this. "Precautions" means no unnecessary physical interaction, especially between people that don't otherwise interact. I wouldn't end a friendship over something as silly as this.
    Its not silly. Its one person keeping another person isolated. We don't live in a risky region and I didn't plan on snuggling up. Just a walk outside

Its not silly. Its one person keeping another person isolated. We don't live in a risky region and I didn't plan on snuggling up. Just a walk outside
    I'm sorry but this sounds more like you trying to impose yourself on the other person. If you are told no, then accept it. Otherwise, be prepared for people to simply cut you out of their lives entirely.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I was excited when they said low contact sports were coming back to the state. At least on the high school and little league level. So the local high school decided to have like a practice game against another high school. my neighbors son is on one of the teams and so I went along. One to support him and two because I wanted to see live baseball. To be honest I wish I hadnt gone.

The people in the stands did wear masks. As did the coaches. The played wore maskes in the dugout but took them off when they went to bat or were on the field. I dont really understand how having a mask on for five minutes and taking it off for five minutes will keep people from catching the virus but whatever. Then the game had some foolish stuff. In one instance the batter got a hit and made it to first. The first baseman was staying close to the plate to keep the runner from stealing. He got yelled at by the umpire for not social distancing. Later in the game a runner was going home. The catcher was thrown the ball and tagged the runner. The umpire once again threw a fit and declared the runner safe because the catcher did not social distance.

How the Hell can we play baseball if you are not allowed to tag the runner or stay close to a base runner to keep him from stealing? The parents, the players, the people watching the game.. They were all pissed.

I know they have bugs to work out, and I know that we have to social distance but this was just dumb.
    Last edited by babyblob; 05-27-2020 at 08:21 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Nothing major.

Wanted to go and spend sometime with grandson in China later this year..obviously will if I possibly can...but can see travel being effectively impossible for most of year.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 05-27-2020 at 08:56 AM.

Its not silly. Its one person keeping another person isolated.
    Yikes. There's a lot to unpack here, and I just don't have the energy, but you owe your friend an apology.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I was excited when they said low contact sports were coming back to the state. At least on the high school and little league level. So the local high school decided to have like a practice game against another high school. my neighbors son is on one of the teams and so I went along. One to support him and two because I wanted to see live baseball. To be honest I wish I hadnt gone.

The people in the stands did wear masks. As did the coaches. The played wore maskes in the dugout but took them off when they went to bat or were on the field. I dont really understand how having a mask on for five minutes and taking it off for five minutes will keep people from catching the virus but whatever. Then the game had some foolish stuff. In one instance the batter got a hit and made it to first. The first baseman was staying close to the plate to keep the runner from stealing. He got yelled at by the umpire for not social distancing. Later in the game a runner was going home. The catcher was thrown the ball and tagged the runner. The umpire once again threw a fit and declared the runner safe because the catcher did not social distance.

How the Hell can we play baseball if you are not allowed to tag the runner or stay close to a base runner to keep him from stealing? The parents, the players, the people watching the game.. They were all pissed.

I know they have bugs to work out, and I know that we have to social distance but this was just dumb.
    That does sound ridiculous. Either you make exceptions to social distancing for the sake of the game, or you accept that you can't play a proper game of baseball AND socially distance at the same time.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

Baseball is underway in South Korea. I think it's airing on ESPN2. Suddenly, I'm curious to see what that is like.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Baseball is underway in South Korea. I think it's airing on ESPN2. Suddenly, I'm curious to see what that is like.
    It's even weirder than you might think. For instance, they're filling the otherwise empty seats with sex dolls.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    It's even weirder than you might think. For instance, they're filling the otherwise empty seats with sex dolls.
    I've read about that. I think it's safe to say if baseball starts here without fans (whenever that might be), seats in parks will remain very much empty.