Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    It's even weirder than you might think. For instance, they're filling the otherwise empty seats with sex dolls.
    No they're not. *eye roll* Granted, I don't know what you do with cardboard cat standees so...

It is weird, though. It's more like watching a triple A game. It doesn't feel very pro, mostly due to the lack of fans and the slapdash nature of the broadcasters being stuck at home. But the parks are smaller than MLB, it's oddly quiet, and you have almost no idea who anyone is, or anything about the teams. Being on at fucking 1am doesn't help it feel less weird.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I've read about that. I think it's safe to say if baseball starts here without fans (whenever that might be), seats in parks will remain very much empty.
    Dude, either the Owners and MBL figure out that they're going to lose money and eat a **** sandwich this year, or there won't be any baseball. They're asking players to take astonishingly massive pay cuts while putting themselves at risk, and being isolated from their families for months on end.

Trout is expecting their first child soon, and he's not missing that. It's a non starter for him. If Trout doesn't play...

At this point, I'd be surprised if we get any Baseball this year. And any concessions given by the players this year will not be forgotten next year when they renegotiate.

I found out my return to work date today. So my extended time off will be coming to an end.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Ultimate Member

Two of the comic stores around here are hiring more poeple to work.

So that is a good thing for both. One has been looking for help for years.

Ultimate Member

So I was working from home. Originally, I was going to be doing 30-ish hrs which at my normal pay wouldn't have been terrible. However, got an email from my boss, and I guess the govt is making changes to the program for small business we had been approved for. So my job is going to try to keep everyone on, but all out hours have been drastically cut.

They dropped the other shoe for my g/f yesterday. She worked at a big box store (I won't say which one) giving out free samples. She had taken time off last month due to her asthma putting her in a high risk group, but yesterday she found out that the company the big box store farms out the sample demos to, just went broke. So they won't hand out free samples any more and she's out of a job. We can still get by on my salary, but it's going to be rough.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Well I, and the rest of my family, have had to keep a close eye on my sister who is not handling it very well at the moment, she's going through one of her bad spells at the moment but there's only so much we can do at the moment due to the circumstances. Other than that my wife and I have been able to go and do our jobs even if we have to take precautions.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

They dropped the other shoe for my g/f yesterday. She worked at a big box store (I won't say which one) giving out free samples. She had taken time off last month due to her asthma putting her in a high risk group, but yesterday she found out that the company the big box store farms out the sample demos to, just went broke. So they won't hand out free samples any more and she's out of a job. We can still get by on my salary, but it's going to be rough.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Well I, and the rest of my family, have had to keep a close eye on my sister who is not handling it very well at the moment, she's going through one of her bad spells at the moment but there's only so much we can do at the moment due to the circumstances. Other than that my wife and I have been able to go and do our jobs even if we have to take precautions.
    Sorry to both you guys. I hope you'll be able to pull through.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Sorry to both you guys. I hope you'll be able to pull through.
    Thanks. My sister's issues aren't a direct result of the Covid-19 though just to clarify, my sister's had these...''issues'' for decades so it's nothing new it's just that the social distancing thing has made her more prone to her ''bad days'' rather than good.

PS. Hope you keep safe too WestPhillyPunisher.
    Last edited by John Ossie; 06-02-2020 at 11:09 AM.

Sorry about your girlfriend losing her job, hope she lands a job sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Sorry about your girlfriend losing her job, hope she lands a job sooner rather than later.
    Thanks to both you and WPP. My g/f is looking into a few places that might be hiring. We'll be OK.
    Watching television is not an activity.

I’m pretty sure like, every grocery store is hiring.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Philadelphia exited from the lockdown at 12:01 this morning. I just called my local comic book shop a few minutes ago and they told me they're open! WHOOOOOOOOOO!! I'll be there tomorrow!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It seems the pandemic is costing Seattle a couple of comic book stores.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I am, sadly, not surprised. Lots of good businesses closing up in Seattle. Many more to come, unfortunately.

So, it's been a couple of weeks since anyone posted on this thread. Is everything now back to normal where you live?

In NYC, I don't think the shutdown has been fully lifted, but I do see more and more people not really bothering to wear masks when they're walking outside. Stores still have signs requiring people to wear masks inside. However, I'm seeing more and more restaurants offering outside al fresco dining. I don't know if this is actually a good thing.

Is everyone back to work, or are you still collecting unemployment? How much longer is unemployment scheduled to last?

Has anyone noticed changes in the way people are interacting with each other even now, or is everyone in your area acting like "it's all over," and going back to the old ways of social interaction?