Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Javasaurus View Post
    I hope your mom does well and makes a full recovery.
    They did the test on her again 2 more times and both tests came out negative.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    They did the test on her again 2 more times and both tests came out negative.
    If it's not being too much of a busybody...

Were the second and third tests far apart?

Past that, fingers crossed.

My son's school district just announced today that classes will begin on September 8; and will be virtual-only. Face-to-face instruction will begin on October 19 – if conditions allow.

This is the second local school district this week to make the announcement that classes will be online-only for the first part of the semester. I would imagine that others across the state will be doing the same.
    Last edited by Javasaurus; 07-15-2020 at 01:54 PM.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Retired

In B.C. we're doing quite well now, but I worry that too many people are complacent. There's no order to wear masks. It's left up to the individual. At the supermarket and drugstore, I see just as many people without masks as with. Young people and old people especially seem to think they don't have to wear masks. While things are going good now, we still have spikes in infection and deaths. When the fall comes that's bound to go up. I wish someone in authority would tell people to wear masks in stores.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    In B.C. we're doing quite well now, but I worry that too many people are complacent. There's no order to wear masks. It's left up to the individual. At the supermarket and drugstore, I see just as many people without masks as with. Young people and old people especially seem to think they don't have to wear masks. While things are going good now, we still have spikes in infection and deaths. When the fall comes that's bound to go up. I wish someone in authority would tell people to wear masks in stores.
    That's another issue right there. Some people are either still claiming the virus to be a hoax or don't take it seriously and outright refuse to wear a mask because they feel they're freedom is being violated. For instance look at all these stories and videos on the news with people freaking out over being told that they can't enter a business without wearing a mask. It's even gotten to the point where people resorted to violence over this. This seems to be a mentality many people in the US have. We're taught personal selfish ways. We the person are more important than the next. Which is a really horrible mentality to have. It's basically someone saying "Eff you if I have the virus. I'll give it to you because reasons. Eff them."

People should either stay at home, like we did for months and the curve was nice and flat or adhere to the rules, keeping the curve flattened and only leaving when it was essential. But instead, it's "my rights, my body" and whatnot. People in Japan and China wear masks constantly when they're in public. Do they complain about it? No. Now we're months into this pandemic and even worse off than China was when the virus first blew up there and before they started doing lockdowns.

Last week I rewatched Die Hard and McClane's line when he goes "You're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem" has got me thinking of people like that. It seems the only way some will learn is via the hard way. I'm sure some here already know that last week Chuck Woolery made a tweeted about how everyone was lying on COVID-19 only for him to then tweet just days later that his son tested positive and then shortly delete his Twitter afterwards.
    Last edited by KCJ506; 07-21-2020 at 08:10 AM.

I have to wear mask when I went out of my house.
    My brother couldn't find a job.
    The virus sucks.

We'er probably going to get shut down here again in Washington. They announced rollbacks and new restrictions today.

I don't disagree with them, and our numbers are very not good, so it needs to be done, but the expanded unemployment ends this week. It's pretty bad timing.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

It got me to try instacart and door dash. despite some bad reviews these were pretty excellent. Glad I tried it anyway.

Fantastic Member

This makes me glad that I'm currently on disability and am not working. It's bad enough reading the nonsense anti-mask people spew out online. I can't even imagine what it’s like to have to deal with self-centered individuals who think some imagined “right” that suits their selfishness is more important than people’s lives…and to have to deal with it as part of your job every day. It doesn’t get much more disgusting than that.

Invincible Member

I went out to buy something earlier and I went to neighborhood that I haven't been to in awhile. This particular area is full of little shops and restaurants. It seemed like most of the places were trying to enforce some degree of social distancing or mask wearing. But I walked passed one restaurant that was packed wall to wall people and no one was wearing masks.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

On Friday I received an email from the heads of my company, the expected return to office date of 9/1/2020 has been pushed back to January 2021.

Spectacular Member

I run a comic book show locally. I just had to cancel my Sept Show. I am in Northern IL and the show is just over the border. I don't feel safe having between 80-150 people over in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by mortari View Post
    I run a comic book show locally. I just had to cancel my Sept Show. I am in Northern IL and the show is just over the border. I don't feel safe having between 80-150 people over in one place.
    A local show that I attend on occasion was tentatively trying to put on a show in August but it got canceled as well. I think the year is pretty much over for anything you would have to do in person.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

We live in the quad cities (Iowa) and I was scheduled to get tested yesterday because I had a bad cough over the weekend. Unfortunately since the derecho storm destroyed a **** ton of testing sites we can't get tested. I'm feeling better and my cough is gone, but I still am in this weird limbo along with my family. Luckily the tress that went down in my yard didn't damage any property so I don't have added stress there.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Tested Negative so I'm guessing it was either a summer cold or bad allergies.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum