Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

The other problem with panic buying is not everyone can afford to. Some people are on budgets, so when they can afford to shop, the things they need aren't there because others bought it all.

Chill on the toilet paper. You own a shower. You will be fine, push come to shove.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    The other problem with panic buying is not everyone can afford to. Some people are on budgets, so when they can afford to shop, the things they need aren't there because others bought it all.

Chill on the toilet paper. You own a shower. You will be fine, push come to shove.
    Try fiber.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

A family I know (I use to borrow their stuff a lot) got the virus from their son who got it from attending the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. So I guess that's the closest way the virus has effected me.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm from NY and things are so shitty here. I work as a crossing guard and the department still has me working even though there's really no need for me to be out there. Since the schools are open to give out grab and go meals they want me out there for that. Only a handful to kids actually come by so I spend most of my time not actually doing anything.

It surreal how few people are actually in the street. Not even the people I normally see hang out in the corners be outside anymore. MTA might buses free with the entire front section of the bus being closed off. Buses actually been showing up on time so that's one benefit to this.

My mom hasn't left the apartment since Friday. Apparently two residents in our building are confirmed to have the virus and she's been afraid to leave. She hasn't been out since Friday and disinfects the apartment every other day.

Boisterously Confused

To be clear: There Is Nothing Good About This Crisis.

That said...

I had a wonderful dinner party with lovely friends, both in town and far away, over Zoom.

Maybe this horror can help us remember what really matters.

As I'm primarily a caregiver for a disabled parent, we normally go through a lot of things like toilet paper and disinfectant just in general. Can't get it, it's all sold out. Even if it wasn't I can't get anywhere to get it, because the doctor says they shouldn't go anywhere, I can't leave them alone to go shopping for a few hours, and nobody can come over to watch them for obvious reasons. So basically just stuck and watching the supplies dwindle. So that's fun.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, starting today, I'll be teleworking, thanks to you-know-what. Since teleworking was introduced into the federal government 2010, I resisted signing up since I never thought I had the discipline to work from home, nor did I want to because I wanted to keep my work life and home life separate, but with social distancing now the norm because of the virus, teleworking has been made pretty much mandatory for my command. To be honest, I shouldn't complain, at least I'm still employed, I'll just have to get used to this until the all clear is sounded and we can return to the office.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Try fiber.
    You joke but fiber, like Metamucil, helps your feces become solid allowing you to conserve on toilet paper as you'll only need to wipe once.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    To be clear: There Is Nothing Good About This Crisis.

That said...

I had a wonderful dinner party with lovely friends, both in town and far away, over Zoom.

Maybe this horror can help us remember what really matters.
    I think it is important for we as humans to find silver linings to cope. Humanity generally has short term memory loss, but I'm hoping that people will take less for granted after we're out of this.

We had a game night with friends from out of town the other day over Twitch; people we don't get to see that often anyways. And we had a movie night with some local friends. We never do movie nights, but this was fun and something we'll maybe continue after this is all over.

Stuck at home.

But well, no one i know is sick, i'm not either, the state is going to cover at 100% my salary (can't go to work obviously) and at long last i have time for watching movies and shows lol so well, so far so good.

And as the wife likes to remind us all at home, we are spending more time together than we ever did. And she's right of course.

NY State civil servant in a health related field. Still working & business as usual but with lots more attention to cleanliness. Not a bad thing in that respect. I'm considered "essential" but meh, whateves.

Been a LOT more quieter than usual, the daily commute back/forth is a breeze. Bummer that my gym is closed but I'm getting in "work" whenever I can. Wish I had ordered those inline Tri-skates I had been eyeballing last month cuz now there's plenty of time to spend busting my ass on pavement for a few weeks.

Supply wise we're good but man my "uh-oh" senses have been tingling here & there.

Double posted. How delightful.

Laid off and stuck at home. Michigan issued the stay at home order on Monday and my job is not essential so I was laid off after finishing up payroll on Tuesday.

Honestly there are worse situations, getting paid on Thursday, and have assurances I'll be brought back the moment the order ends. It does have me watching the situation in the senate anxiously. It could mean the difference between squeaking by/going into manageable debt, to coming out okay. Presuming the situation eases by May of course.

So I'm one of the fortunate ones. I'm now focused on getting structure to my days and trying not to drink the time away.
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 03-25-2020 at 05:36 PM.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Laid off and stuck at home. Michigan issued the stay at home order on Monday and my job is not essential so I was laid off after finishing up payroll on Tuesday.

Honestly there are worse situations, getting paid on Thursday, and have assurances I'll be brought back the moment the order ends. It does have me watching the situation in the senate anxiously. It could mean the difference between squeaking by/going into manageable debt, to coming out okay. Presuming the situation eases by May of course.

So I'm one of the fortunate ones. I'm now focused on getting structure to my days and trying not to drink the time away.

In New York, my understanding is we have a "New York State on PAUSE" plan, and it bans all nonessential gatherings of individuals "of any size for any reason."

Residents can leave their homes for solitary exercise or to obtain essential services or items, including trips to the grocery stores. When in public, they must keep a 6-foot distance from others.

Mass transit will stay operational; food delivery and takeout services will stay open, as will other essential businesses, such as gas stations and grocery stores. But all workers should stay home unless they fall into the list of essential businesses.
    NYS Governor didn't want to use the specific "shelter-in-place" terminology, but it's probably just splitting hairs at this point.

I guess everyone is concerned with being laid off or furloughed these days. Are you eligible for unemployment?

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    In New York, my understanding is we have a "New York State on PAUSE" plan, and it bans all nonessential gatherings of individuals "of any size for any reason."

Residents can leave their homes for solitary exercise or to obtain essential services or items, including trips to the grocery stores. When in public, they must keep a 6-foot distance from others.

Mass transit will stay operational; food delivery and takeout services will stay open, as will other essential businesses, such as gas stations and grocery stores. But all workers should stay home unless they fall into the list of essential businesses.
    NYS Governor didn't want to use the specific "shelter-in-place" terminology, but it's probably just splitting hairs at this point.

I guess everyone is concerned with being laid off or furloughed these days. Are you eligible for unemployment?
    Oh yes, I've filed, my company was rather encouraging in doing so. It's why I was focused on the senate. The $1,200 check and $600 added to unemployment will make this a lot easier to bear, provided they're implemented in timely fashion.

In Michigan the rules are about the same in terms of staying at home. I do believe they threw in that the order will last till April 13th, but that might just be optimistic on their part and they, of course, reserved the right to extend it.
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 03-26-2020 at 06:05 AM.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!